• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2013 Stream Cance--IS BACK

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
There's no need to boycott or pirate nintendo stuff. If this "legal team" is any sort of indicator of the decision making that's going on at Nintendo, they're gonna last long. This is one of the dumbest things a company has ever done. It's embarrassingly stupid.
It's quite simple, really. They reverse their decision. I'll reverse mine.

Sad, too. I was looking forward to buying Ace Attorney 5.

TreK

Is "that guy"
This is not good.
Just adding to the noise. We have to make noise.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I thought people realized this years ago when MLG wouldn't stream Brawl due to a Nintendo edict?

out of EVERYBODY,

I am incredibly impressed by this Mew2King. You have grown as a person since you were in the midwest. There is no sarcasm in this, I am very deeply impressed by the post you made.

Renji64

Smash Lord
This is beyond bs. To get spit in the face by nintendo like this and the community worked so hard this might be my last nintendo console.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Totally disagree. We absolutely should punish the entire company for the actions of one employee. All employees compose the entity that is Nintendo. The action of banning streaming has deeper ramifications that you can possibly imagine. Why should I pour my heart and soul into growing the local smash community if it will only be cut down the instant it becomes slightly "too big"? Nintendo can throw around legal jargon all it wants. IP this. Rights that. The smash community goes out every day and brings people into the cause. We work tirelessly to learn everything about the game. We show others the depth and beauty of the game and convince them to buy the game. We want more people in the community. We do more good than Nintendo could ever know. This legal move only solidifies what we knew all along: Nintendo hates competitive players. Stripping Melee of its depth was not enough. Now, Nintendo has to act jealous of its own creation. Why didn't Brawl make it to EVO? Because people wanted Melee more. That doesn't bode well for an even newer smash game.

Nintendo can die in a fire. It's extra cowardly the way Nintendo has tried to silently kill the streams. Why not put out a blog post explaining its position? Why ignore the fans? Why not defend the decision?

Why not just HACK THE CRAP out of Nintendo! I'm talking something like the 2011 PSN hack! It will teach those dipsh*ts at Nintendo AN EXTREMELY VALUABLE LESSON! Actions have consequences! #freemelee

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Why not just HACK THE CRAP out of Nintendo! I'm talking something like the 2011 PSN hack! It will teach those dipsh*ts at Nintendo AN EXTREMELY VALUABLE LESSON! Actions have consequences! #freemelee
Because the only thing it'll teach Nintendo is that they need to beef up their security.

On a sensible point, there's been a petition made. Petitions don't hold much weight on their own, obviously, but every little counts, and the more the better.
https://www.change.org/petitions/ni...bros-melee-to-be-streamed-at-evo-2013-2#share

Overswarm

is laughing at you

This is pretty funny.

"Those jerks! They're jerks! *insert request for a international and federal crime* Actions have consequences!"

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Like seriously, I still can't get over how big this is. I've never seen the Smash community in absolute full force before. Either this is getting reversed or Nintendo is going to take a giant hit.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo can't do anything because its the twitch fault. not our fault

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
This sucks. To be honest broadcasting Smash at EVO is actually a good thing for Nintendo. Smash features characters from a plethora of Nintendo franchises, so in a way featuring Smash at EVO gives those series exposure and acts as free promotion for Nintendo.

I'm doubtful but I really hope Nintendo reconsiders.

Metà

Smash Master
I want the people at EVO to rebel, and stream anyway. **** Nintendo. **** everything they stand for. we'll beat them, one way or another

when they made this decision, I don't think they realized who they're messing with.

Neuron_Panzer

Smash Rookie
From a Nintendo Employee on Twitter:
"Not enough people are calling consumer service. Get on it! Feedback is routed everytime you call. It's important. 800-255-3700."

Also: "Don't forget guys, hastags now work on Facebook as well. Make sure to post on both social networks. #freemelee"

https://twitter.com/Sempuukyaku

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
nintendo's not going to do it... it's a feint to create publicity

pickle962

Smash Lord
I want the people at EVO to rebel, and stream anyway. **** Nintendo. **** everything they stand for. we'll beat them, one way or another

when they made this decision, I don't think they realized who they're messing with.

I like the way you think! ;)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Christ, I'm one of the least respected and least respectful people on this website and even my email to Nintendo was more mature than some of the **** going down in this thread. Come on everyone, let's get professional and ****.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
There is zero chance of me ever buying or playing anything Nintendo ever again if they don't reverse this. Forget piracy, I won't even speak their name. They're dead to me.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
800-255-3700

That's the customer service number, its a very short line.

People are still going to buy smash 4 regardless.

I refuse to. I'm already converting to Street Fighter. Gradually, still. Maybe I might also try Halo. Halo's still just a consideration. I love the stronger competitive support for these games

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
There's over 500 people viewing this thread, if half of us call 800-255-3700 itd get **** done.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm worried about what this has in store for Project M, Smash Crusade, and other future Smash community efforts.

The future is scary for us.

It's good that you guys are refusing to buy smash 4 and all. But we're only about 5% of the people who are still hyped for a new Smash Brothers and will buy it regardless.

5% > 1% because Wii U sales aren't too hot

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
Those of you who have a Wii U... you are spamming posts there too, right?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I understand that Smash got...smashed in terms of live streaming, and I sincerely doubt any complaining is going to work (I'll be sending an e-mail anyway to NoA regarding the decision and talking about the benefits of allowing Melee to be legally streamed at EVO), but I don't see any reason why EVO staff are taking Melee off Champion Sunday's line up. That's a HUGE burn for people who have already paid for the event/hotel rooms. Additionally, the Smash community wants as big an audience observing the Melee tournament as possible, even if it isn't going to be streamed; Melee is one of the most complex and in-depth games, if not THE most complex and in-depth game in competitive gaming history, and exposing the FGC to that on the big stage is a great opportunity for our game to receive more recognition as well as new members. Chances are that 90% of the people in the venue are going to be focusing on other games or tournaments while Smash finals are going on now because of the schedule change, and that's not hype.

EVO staff, if you're reading this, please put Melee back on Championship Sunday even if it won't be streamed. Make it the first event to play out if you have to, but as far as I know, there's no reason why Melee shouldn't be able to make an appearance on Sunday. I'm really happy that EVO took on Melee for its final game, and respect EVO and its staff, but I gotta draw the line here a bit. Do us some justice and keep it on the main stage!

and secretly record it and release it a month or two later, y'know? :D

Top Bottom