• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just feel like they are spectators... with microphones. They haven't used any terms I don't understand, and I play nothing outside of smash.
Seriously, just invent terms.

I do it all the time.

"Washbuckels," for example, is a phrase I used for people who were formerly washed up but now are all dried out and are burning it up! :shades:

I just invented it now so it is super trendy! :grin:

But back on the topic of the KOF XIII guys, they have been nearly perfect in regards to the damage done by each move, so at least they know the (main tournament used) characters.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Let's be honest, no Smasher has EVER been on a stage with that much hype and crowd atmosphere before.

Exciting to see what impact it makes, if any.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
Someone wanna explain the rationale for wearing shades? Indoors? I understand the use in poker, buuuut...

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's scar and toph honestly. D1 and Prog are good, but there needs to be some hype for finals, instead of the occasional "nice bair". We need that KoF hype lolol

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
O.o

@ Buzz: Yet they're throwing out the properties of moves, the frame data, the habits/playstyles of each player...

Smooth Criminal
I'll admit I haven't been listening very long. I just feel like there are long quiet periods, and they only come in to say, "He's looking for an opening." I just feel like our smash commentators provide a more useful stream of information. :]

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'll admit I haven't been listening very long. I just feel like there are long quiet periods, and they only come in to say, "He's looking for an opening." I just feel like our smash commentators provide a more useful stream of information. :]
Our Smash commentators also have to backtrack and explain just about everything to the uninitiated. The KoF guys don't.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom