• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Griffard

Smash Ace
Interesting to me how many players' tags are their real names or some variation. Also really cool - top 8 has amazing character diversity. If you count M2K as a Marth (not that I would) - you'd have 8 players with 8 different characters.

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Puff
Marth
Peach
ICs
Doc

In related news, Falcon is bad.

strawhats

Smash Master
so Darkrain lost to shroomed in losers who then went on to beat axe in the next round. Darkrain took out L, Bladewise, Baka4moe, and Fiction...Impressive stuff from Darkrain.
Jman lost to lord...secret Cali boss. Reno beat I.B. Axe took out Lord. OOh Swedish Delight beat Tai.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
marvel sure took its time to heat up, but DAMN it's getting good

wait why is Chris G on clashtournaments?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so Darkrain lost to shroomed in losers who then went on to beat axe in the next round. Darkrain took out L, Bladewise, Baka4moe, and Fiction...Impressive stuff from Darkrain.
Jman lost to lord...secret Cali boss. Reno beat I.B. Axe took out Lord. OOh Swedish Delight beat Tai.
Just wanted to point out that that bracket is wrong for some reason. Darkrain lost to fiction in losers. Fiction lost to axe, and lord lost to shroomed. Somehow they switched bracket places.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I suggest to most people here to be up to watch KOF Finals before Melee at 10am PST; it's a ****ing amazing game and will be an awesome appetizer for Melee!

10 hours left until destruction!

Revven

FrankerZ
Just a few hours until the big day starts. I'd definitely also recommend watching ALL the games today, if you can. EVO Sunday is always the best day to watch.

And vgbootcamp is still our poverty chat for today, btw.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
silly people, KOF always takes more than 2 hours for finals
also I see we might have Mango vs Armada in losers semis (funny, Chris G and Champ meet there too)

Revven

FrankerZ
There's some real parallels between AE and Melee insofar dominant players going to loser's bracket.

Such as Armada being knocked into loser's by a US favorite and Infiltration being knocked into loser's by a US favorite. Both the dominant international players of both games sent into loser's! Crazy stuff.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Anyone else torn between Shroomed being one of their favorite players and M2K vs. Armada?

Oohwakamuu

Smash Rookie
Mew2King is smart. Instead of watching matches and getting hyped by the Evo experience, every single time I saw him after a match, he went to an open setup to do friendlies. It kept him warmed up all throughout the day. I give him props specifically for that.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Those teams matches were spectacular last night, depsite the low-key commentating (which I didn't mind). HBox especially was tearing it up on their run through loser's bracket to the GFs. They got on a roll and never had to take a break, so it just kept going.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So what are your predictions for what's going to happen? I think it's not only very possible, but likely that Armada will have the gauntlet of Shroomed, Mew2King, Mango, Hungrybox, AND Dr. PeePee x2. If Armada wins like this, he is absolutely without a doubt the best player in the world, and the greatest player of all time.

But I don't know, I imagine Wobbles after losing to PP twice before has something ready for Falco, and M2K must have studied hard for HBox knowing his personality and his passion for winning. Ice has beaten Mango in PAL so NTSC is only helping him, and Shroomed did take Armada to the last game in their set at Apex 2012.

There is probable, but no guarantees for any of these matches. On top with the character diversity and Mango vs Armada likely meeting in LSFs to make that set hype in addition to finals is the absolute most perfect way to showcase this game to the world!

Sizzle

I paint controllers
fiction double 3 stocked darkrain

edit: and lord lost to shroomed/wobbles

edit 2: oh i guess it's the brackets fault lol

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Armada's most likely road to win this thing would be:
Shroomed
Mew2King
Mango
Hungrybox
Dr Peepee

There is no possible winning scenario for him in which he does not have to beat Shroomed, Mew2King, and Hungrybox and then 2 out of PP, Mango, Wobbles, and Ice. Wobbles and Ice wouldn't be so bad for him I guess relatively speaking (if you didn't see him wreck Fly, you should see that, I'm afraid no one could beat Armada with IC's). If he wins this thing, beating ALL 4 of the other top 5 in the process, not to mention Shroomed (who is arguably the 6th best player in the world, maybe 10th at worst), that would solidify his incredible legacy. I have my doubts that he'll be able to do it, but doubting Armada is always trouble...

If Mango won the road looks a little easier with the most likely road like:
Ice
Wobbles
Armada
Hungrybox
Dr Peepee twice

I doubt Ice can take Mango, but he WILL have to beat Wobbles to win this thing, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he won the second set, especially if he uses Falcon. Obviously though, he has a tough road, but even at worst its no "play the greatest 5 players possible" so that's good for him. He may avoid M2K too, who has beaten him a number of times as of late.

For comparison, PP's likely road is:
Wobbles
Hungrybox
Armada/Mango

So yeah, all I'm saying is Armada's slate is terrifying

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
[quote="Stratocaster, post: 15681229, member: 74833"
So yeah, all I'm saying is Armada's slate is terrifying[/quote]

But Armada is equally terrifying.

Top Bottom