• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

BlixtG

Smash Rookie
Except for the big 5, Ice, Wobbles and Shroomed in top 8, this is so awesome. 3 of my favorite players, really cool and likeable guys!

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
If Hax had beaten Ice we would have 8 characters in top 8. (We still KINDA do, if you consider that m2k and ice have marth secondaries i think).

Now we have 2 sheiks (m2k ice), 1 fox (mango), 1 falco (pp), 1 Ice Climbers (Wobbles), 1 Peach (Armada), 1 Dr. Mario (Shroomed), 1 Puff (Hbox).

I hate being a mango fanboy. My heart cannot take this.

It is still possible for the big 5 to be top 5. PP would have to beat Wobbles, followed by Mango beating Wobbles (assuming Mango beats Ice).

Wobbles might take out Mango all by himself.

Edit: How do I take out my signature that's a salty 5 year old signature

strawhats

Smash Master
surely you mean M2K faces the winner of Armada/Shroomed, unless he found some new strategies or something ;)
dont count the chickens before they hatch..anything can happen at this tournament especially with the way m2k has been training for about 2 months straight now.

Also MaNg0's pride might cost him this tournament...he could've beaten wobbles had he gone falcon. Assuming he plays wobbles again, I would assume he'd take no chances this time in losers (not sleeping on ice vs mango or wobbles possibly upsetting PP)...there's a reason why mango hasn't gone spacies/puff vs wobbles in a long ass time. ( he beat wobbles with puff in a tight 3-2 a few years ago..like '07/'08)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
9th: Silent Wolf, Leffen, Hax, SFAT

I believe Darkrain lost to either Bladewise or Shroomed, but it's hard to tell.

@Krynxe, the match-ups are correct, but the slots are out of order (just in case people are trying to backtrack) Never mind that's right.

strawhats

Smash Master
what placing did PPU get?

also anyone know who took out shiz and zhu in the losers bracket?

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
Is it fair to say at this point that PP is the favourite now?

Oh true, Young link still a possibility.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Been missing the tournament all day. Did Armada drop his set against PP or did someone else send him to losers? Did PP go Marth? Was it close? Can't believe Mango and Armada are in losers.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
PPU got either 13th or 17th, not sure who he lost to.

Zhu lost to Ice, Shiz lost to Lucien or Ice, possibly Amsa.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
PP beat Armada 2-0 in a close set in Winners' Eighths. Armada beat Westballz who took 17th, S2J who took 13th, and Silent Wolf who took 9th.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
M2K has a chance of meeting Armada in bracket? Best news all day.

Anyone else remember that post M2K left in Armada's retirement thread? That match is going to make his tournament. And mine.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
M2K has a chance of meeting Armada in bracket? Best news all day.

Anyone else remember that post M2K left in Armada's retirement thread? That match is going to make his tournament. And mine.
link to this post?
how much salt was involved

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Mango is going home early this tournament. He has to play armada in losers.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I think Axe got 13th, losing to Shroomed. Pretty sure, but can't confirm.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Shiz is overrated as hell lmao. He think how he thinks Dr.pp isn't that great and how he would like to beat mango in GF. I also like how he doesn't mention how he got asskicked by KirbyKaze and lost 0-2 to zhu in falco dittos at a pools match.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If anyone else wants to know stuff, I can get a somewhat accurate idea of how it went down.

Revven

FrankerZ
And FYI, the stream chats blew up whenever Wobbles got a wobble going. Whoever the **** said, "wobbling is a hype killer" are SADLY MISTAKEN.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
35,525 ZUSCHAUER

M2K v. Armada, if it happens (which is most likely scenario), will be fantastic

Mango looked rough, Armada looked a bit off-form too, not to take anything away from the dudes that beat them though. Hax's heartbreak after barely losing to PP was unbearable and I want PP to win the tourney :p We almost had Hax/Wobbles WS with one of them therefore getting guaranteed third, that's insane

Weird fact: If Hungrybox loses to M2K or PP tomorrow (if he gets knocked into Losers' bracket), it will be the first time ever that Mango, Armada, and Hungrybox have all failed to win the Winners' bracket at an event that all three of them have attended. Kind of a testament to the three of them how much they've defined this entire era.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
What makes you think mew2king can beat pp and/or hbox. They both have his number.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Tomber 25th losing to Westballz, or 33rd losing to Redd or Pikachad. I'm guessing he got 25th, but not sure.

Top Bottom