• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I made a huge bracket for projections! I mostly copy/pasted all the brackets and combined them into one giant image and then resized it so it's ugly as sin, but I'll make a better image of it later.

This bracket is based on projections and I might be a bit biased, but it should give an accurate idea of what to expect in QFs!

http://i.imgur.com/FreCEG6.png

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Does anybody know how much prize money there is for smash/ payouts? Just curious...

Swann

Smash Journeyman
The split is 60/18/8/4/3/3/2/2. With 696 entrants, and assuming the $10 singles fee is the only thing making up the pot, this split comes out to: $4176/1253/557/279/209/209/139/139 (rounded).

This bracket is based on projections and I might be a bit biased, but it should give an accurate idea of what to expect in QFs!
<3 for this!

kelots

Smash Cadet
What happened to Ken? Didn't someone beat him with a bet that he would go to evo if he lost?

Can see him on either list not sure what I'm missing xD

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I made a huge bracket for projections! I mostly copy/pasted all the brackets and combined them into one giant image and then resized it so it's ugly as sin, but I'll make a better image of it later.

http://i.imgur.com/FreCEG6.png

Oh god, Ken vs SS and M2K?!

I'm going to have no idea who to root for :(

smashmachine

Smash Lord
clearly Infiltration will pull a late registration, and beat Chris G in finals
wait what

but seriously, didn't Wizzrobe choke at Apex (or was that someone else)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So who do you think is winning/advancing through Losers' in each pool?

My predictions:
Mango, Noobking
Swedish Delight, Yakal
Swift, Phish-it
Axe, Moon
Reno, uhh....Kazin? (lolidk)
Bladewise, Lucky
IB, King Funk
L, HugQ
Shroomed, Summonedfist
Fuzzyness, Fiction
Wobbles, Wizzrobe
Vist, Lord
Dr. PP, Kels
Android, Ciz
MattDotZeb, Milkman (really rough pool)
Fly Amanita, Stricnyn3
Vudujin, Mr.F
Armada, Blunted Object
Hax, ThePrime
Meta, Tang (super close pool, but Meta can probably beat Tang)
Kou, Lovage
S2J, Zeldafreak
Scar, Tomber
Hungrybox, Baka4moe (another really close pool)
Darkrain, OkamiBW
Darrell, Bacon?
SFAT, Toph
G$, Germ
Taj, HomeMadeWaffles
Tai, Hyuga
Hyprid, Strong Bad
Leffen, Jman
PewPewU, Jolteon
Dart, Stab
Sung666, Bob$
Mew2King, Cyrain
Zoso, Everlasting Yay
Amsa, Navn (Amsa bandwagoning)
Zhu, Hugs
V3ctorman, Raistlin (I really don't think Ken will get through his Puff)
SilentSpectre, Eddy Mexico
DaShizWiz, Khepri
Silent Wolf, Michael Li (with almost beating Sion recently, I could honestly see Mike beating Silent Wolf if he's playing perfectly)
Ice, Pikachad (hardest pool by far)
Westballz, Lucien
Tafokints, Victra

Sedda

Smash Champion
clearly Infiltration will pull a late registration, and beat Chris G in finals
wait what

but seriously, didn't Wizzrobe choke at Apex (or was that someone else)
It could've been a bunch of someone else's lol.

From following the 64 scene more closely this year since joining Smashboards, Wizzrobe has gotten ridiculously better since Apex. If his improvement in 64 is in parallel progression with Melee and PM, he's gonna do a lot better than people think.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Everybody here should sub to the Evo streams so as to help fight misconceptions with me :D

Esp. you Blistering Speed, it'd help to have someone blunt as all hell on my side (not sarcasm)

Is vgbootcamp gonna be where non-subs chat because if there's another chat with actual Smashers in it I wanna be in that one too lol

Djent

Smash Champion
I think DEHF will make it out of 63 in L (with Tomber in W) assuming he's not super rusty. I don't know if he practiced for this, but I know Falco mauls Falcon and he has beaten Scar in the past.
I actually agree with Raistlin over Ken - that guy is underated. He could also give V3ctorman trouble if he hasn't played a good Puff before, but he won't actually beat him.
I think Hugs could beat Zhu if he's been practicing, but it's unlikely. I also think Eddy Mexico has a nontrivial chance of beating SilentSpectre. #YearOfLuigi

Excellent predictions overall, Icy.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Yeah, Raistlin is the Puff that got 9th, beating Tang, Bob$, and Axe. No notable results since then though.

On PB&J's stream is Hax vs Armada, currently at 7-1 Armada.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
The matches t3h Icy is referencing featured Peach. Armada has been Sheik for six or seven games now and hasn't lost one with Sheik yet I don't think

EDIT: And as I say that, Hax pulls a game off the Sheik

Armada chimed in at one point to remind everyone not to read into friendlies results too much

So just remember everyone don't read into friendlies results too much

strawhats

Smash Master
Hax to Armada on Armada's sheik:'You're better than mew2king on stage.'
i think there's been quite a few sheiks with better on stage games than m2k...armada/overtriforce/amsah in his prime/ice

with that being said Armada's sheik vs M2K sheik

Revven

FrankerZ
Don't forget guys, tonight is Melee It On Me live on vgbootcamp at like 10 PM PST (1 AM EST........ ugh I'm gonna die tonight x.x)

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Aza is on c62, the player with the mexican flag. That's what he says on one of his posts in the Smash Mexico group.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
That's actually a fairly balancing spot for Aza. I'm still wondering why he's using a different name and a different tag though.

But I guess if he wins his pool or at least gets through Zeldafreak, it must be him, lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
That's actually a fairly balancing spot for Aza. I'm still wondering why he's using a different name and a different tag though.

But I guess if he wins his pool or at least gets through Zeldafreak, it must be him, lol.

My guess is because he wants to troll people into thinking he's a nobody.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
HankyPanky's going to Evo right? Abu said he's registered under a random name, but he's a troll sometimes, so...

Super

Smash Apprentice
We might not even get a tournament if there aren't enough setups LOL

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff prog, clowsui, MDZ, and others for rallying to get the stinkin' setups down there

Uhhh person-I-think-is-Revven was going ham on the FB group

Obv. shoutouts to the people that actually brought the setups now in use

Potential crisis appears averted

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
So wait, looking at the schedule, are the D and E pools not being streamed or will VGBootCamp handle that? Cause the all 3 Evo streams are showing non--Smash stuf over those time slots (2-6).

Revven

FrankerZ
Remember doods, you can use the vgbootcamp chat to chat it up! Our own little poverty chat... until vgbootcamp streams anyway. The srkevo3 chat is sub-only.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Wizzrobe for top 8

He was taking games off me the other day with Falcon
Damn, Wizzrobe aka the secret weapon...

Yo Icy do you know how many non-streaming setups will be recorded? Because pools look beast and I'm sure there will be lots of great players matching up and not even making bracket....

Top Bottom