• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Final Results

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If EVO stayed true to its word and provided a $1,000 pot bonus as were the conditions of the donation drive, here are the updated payouts:

$7,960 pot (696 entrants with $10 entry fee, $1,000 pot bonus provided to donation drive winner) goes to top 8 - Confirmed distribution

1. Mango :foxmelee::falcomelee: - $2,866 (36%)
2. Wobbles :icsmelee: - $1,751 (22%)
3. CT | Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee: - $796 (10%)
4. Armada (Sweden):peachmelee: - $637 (8%)
5. VGBC | Dr. PeePee :falcomelee: - $557 (7%)
5. CT | Mew2King :sheikmelee: - $557 (7%)
7. Ice (Germany):sheikmelee: - $398 (5%)
7. Shroomed :drmario: -$398 (5%)

The only reason they wouldn't have done it is because MLP:Fighting is Magic received a Cease & Desist, meaning there was no longer a game to "beat." Although from a quick Google search it seems that the C&D occurred/was announced on Feb 8th, which was after the donation drive ended, so I dunno...

Armada

Smash Lord
I did get 550 dollars.
Not so sure if they added that pot bonus then.

No idea how much anyone else won though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
$10 entry fee dude. most of our big tourneys have a $15 or $20 or even $25 entry fee, that's why it seems low to us. there's a lot of cross-game play in the FGC and it's really rough to pay like $60 to enter 3 events, hence the lower entry fee.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
The payout is also a lot more spread out in this tournament. At Apex 8th place was below a 100 dollars. At EVO they got almost 400. Apex and most other smash tournaments seem to have more top heavy payout distributions.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
The payout is also a lot more spread out in this tournament. At Apex 8th place was below a 100 dollars. At EVO they got almost 400. Apex and most other smash tournaments seem to have more top heavy payout distributions.
this, even past EVOs had a more top heavy distribution (like Viscant got ~$7500 from MvC3 in 2011, while Flocker got around ~5000 this year if there were no pot bonuses)
and right, the $1000 bonus was through MLP:FiM.....

Aceflight

Smash Cadet
Shout outs to the Smash Community <3 :love::love::love: :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

thank you 2JAR for letting me borrow your arcade stick for SF4 only to have Vangief destroy our entire pool,
Hax for the Falcon tips,
the "other" Luigi from Mexico that prevented me from making it out of pools,
all the homies that I went with to PF Changs with that one night, Pikazoo for being somewhat drunk (I honestly couldn't tell but it was hilarious),
SoooooCaaal
ALL the people that I met for the 1st time I love you all,
Ken because he's Ken,
Darkrain...and Okami LOL,
J666 for hosting casuals and because of you I lost my voice,
to my friends that made me miss the entire Top 8 Melee on Sunday,
to Viscant for possibly having the most fraudulent Blanka I think I've ever seen LOL just kidding but not really,
to the people that knew me by name or gamertag that I have never heard of or seen in my life...
to Jeff (SS) for being cool,
to Cool Kid for not being cool ;)
to Pikazoo again for interrupting my conversation with Jeff so he could take a picture with him LOL,
to all the Falcon mains,
SFS,
to all the FGC Japanese gamers for being hella chill
Infiltration for owning Daigo's soul 2 years in a row and giving me advice, Korea > Japan LOL jkjk
to the person that stole my Evo shirt, I'm coming for you

that is all for now.

Top Bottom