• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evil Geniuses Sign Midwest's Zinoto

On Mar. 24, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player Julian "Zinoto" Carrington made waves in his competitive career by joining premier professional gaming team, Evil Geniuses.

"Smash is a scene I've had my eye on for a long time. Some people compare it to FGC but from what I've learned it's totally unique," said Evil Geniuses CEO Peter "PPD" Dager. "I grew up playing Smash and am thrilled that we have the opportunity to pick up Zinoto who I know will be an incredibly positive influence in the space."

Zinoto is viewed as one of the strongest Diddy Kong players alongside Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios and is currently placed 16th on the PGRv2 and 2nd in the Midwest PR.

"People find new identities in their gamertags where they can be the person they are normally to afraid to be, which is what I try to promote" says Zinoto when speaking about his sponsorship. "Being sponsored means I can reach a broader audience in sharing my knowledge, passion, and drive with other people all across every esports gaming community."

Apart from playing the game at the competitive level, Zinoto shows some insight with the community by making content for Smash Wii U. If you or anyone looking to improve, come check out his YouTube channel for tutorials, analysis and his thoughts on Smash itself.

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

I don't know whof to congratulate so I'll say it here. I'm feeling the new title card layouts a lot.

I like being able to come to smash boards and see what's big and new in smash.

Anti Sucks wasnt a real sponsor or team. It was meant to be funny.

Im excited for Zinoto to be picked up by such a great team.
I'm pretty sure the first person was joking. It's so obvious i'm not sure if you were joking also, if so i'm the one making a fool of myself.

Top Bottom