• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone's Favorite Otter Starter, Oshawott Surfs Into Battle!

Otoad64

Smash Lord
(tell me if "Surfs Into Battle" has been taken)

This is the support thread for Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokemon.

WHO IS OSHAWOTT?
Oshawott first appeared in Pokemon: Black & White for the DS, filling the usual role as a Water-Type Starter Pokemon, he would also receive a prominent role in the Anime, and is set to return as the Water Starter in upcoming game Pokemon Legends: Arceus

WHY SHOULD OSHAWOTT BE IN SMASH?
Oshawott hails from the Unova region, one of the few regions that currently lack a Fighter.

Oshawott is also one of the few Pokemon to wield a weapon, (yes, that shell is a weapon) making him stand out from the likes of Squirtle and Greninja

In addition, the Pokemon anime has often portrayed Oshawott as clumsy, which if used in smash could make him stand out through his animations

SUPPORTERS:

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
(tell me if "Surfs Into Battle" has been taken)

This is the support thread for Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokemon.

WHO IS OSHAWOTT?
Oshawott first appeared in Pokemon: Black & White for the DS, filling the usual role as a Water-Type Starter Pokemon, he would also receive a prominent role in the Anime, and is set to return as the Water Starter in upcoming game Pokemon Legends: Arceus

WHY SHOULD OSHAWOTT BE IN SMASH?
Oshawott hails from the Unova region, one of the few regions that currently lack a Fighter.

Oshawott is also one of the few Pokemon to wield a weapon, (yes, that shell is a weapon) making him stand out from the likes of Squirtle and Greninja

In addition, the Pokemon anime has often portrayed Oshawott as clumsy, which could make for an interesting moveset focused around Oshawott fumbling around.

SUPPORTERS:
Otoad64 Otoad64
For as long as I can remember, I have never been deeply engaged with Pokémon (and other monster collection/battle media), but you have my patronage here. I might find and support that Meowth while I have the thought. I am sorry if I do not have the knowledge and zeal to say more. Pokémon is quite much to keep up-to-date for without being a near connoisseur.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
For as long as I can remember, I have never been deeply engaged with Pokémon (and other monster collection/battle media), but you have my patronage here. I might find and support that Meowth while I have the thought. I am sorry if I do not have the knowledge and zeal to say more. Pokémon is quite much to keep up-to-date for without being a near connoisseur.
great! I'll put you down as a supporter!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In addition, the Pokemon anime has often portrayed Oshawott as clumsy, which could make for an interesting moveset focused around Oshawott fumbling around.
I think this would be better left to taunts/victory animations.

Also count me as a supporter.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
ANOTHER ANIME SWORDSMAN IN SMASH?

Nah, I kid.

I love Gen 5(tied with gen 3 for my all time peak of the series) and Oshawott's my absolute favourite from the starter trio. Sign me up.

Oshawott's a whole Otter Fun.

I saw someone on GameFAQs suggest having a Legends style Pokemon Trainer with a combination of Oshawott, Rowlett and Cyndaquil's evolutions similar to the Kanto trio. I think I'd be down for that too...not sure which forms for each I'd pick but Legends all have pretty damn good starter Pokemon.

Top Bottom