• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A "Everyone Look At Me!" The Marth Video Critique Thread.

Niko45

Smash Master
Basically what I'm saying is HBK beating good-but-not-great spacies would be really old news. I'm interested in how he'd do vs top out of region spacies.

Max?

Smash Champion
NY/NJ has always been incredibly good, we just don't pump out videos on a regular basis like other regions. PC has been instrumental in improving Niko, myself, and a few other Westchester County players who you guys might not know. As for NJ, I gotta chalk that one up to Eggm, as he seems to be putting in work with Stric and Nando.

Basically, we'd **** you.

Max?

Smash Champion
Norcal was good before SS and all your other good players quit. Midwest has always been bad,

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
not particularly. you're obviously either a troll or a noob who jocks his own region a little too hard. i'm guessing troll because of your sheen avatar/location. yeah, tri-state ***** and all, and any smasher to say otherwise is probably ********.

that's fine, but other regions have their heavy hitters. tbh, if you're not trolling, you look a little pathetic by trying to inflate your feeling of self-worth just because you can identify geographically with a handful of good players, one of whom (niko) isn't even established outside of his own region.

p.s. you forgot NC, AZ, and FL.

Niko45

Smash Master
Tai thinks I'm good!? I think you're good too man. /bromance Fair point, I need to start travelling.

And Max is most definitely trolling lolol.

I honestly just feel really lucky to be in such a crazy region. I just got to play Cort randomly last night and holy **** he's still amazing.

Dart!

Smash Master
not particularly. you're obviously either a troll or a noob who jocks his own region a little too hard. i'm guessing troll because of your sheen avatar/location. yeah, tri-state ***** and all, and any smasher to say otherwise is probably ********.

that's fine, but other regions have their heavy hitters. tbh, if you're not trolling, you look a little pathetic by trying to inflate your feeling of self-worth just because you can identify geographically with a handful of good players, one of whom (niko) isn't even established outside of his own region.

p.s. you forgot NC, AZ, and FL.
Tai thinks I'm good!? I think you're good too man. /bromance Fair point, I need to start travelling.

And Max is most definitely trolling lolol.

I honestly just feel really lucky to be in such a crazy region. I just got to play Cort randomly last night and holy **** he's still amazing.
Are you guys going to Genesis 2? if so i will do my damndest to go.

Max?

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm trolling. I do have a huge bias towards my region, but I'll never sleep on anyone. I still think I would **** over 95% of the melee community tho.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@Dart: 95% sure I'm going to Genesis 2

Assuming a life-ruining tragedy does not unfold between now and then.
Even then, I still might go.

Niko45

Smash Master
Dart - pretty sure I'm going. I'm waiting on someone to confirm that they're going and then I'm ready to buy the ticket.

JBM - that last stock of the first game was **** lol

JediSange

Smash Apprentice

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Cort is really aggressive....That's bad for him in that MU. Just be ready for him to hit you, gtfo>attack. Grab him, get him off stage, and its done. He recovers high a lot. (Which is what Falcon should be doing) I guess Uair or Nair would be good for that.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You just don't control the pacing against Falcon enough, imo. You get stuck in shield a lot, when you should just be reactively jumping and fairing to punish his approaches, etc. I think your focus should be controlling the match with punishing his approaches more, and trying to not shield as much.
I agree 100% with Sange.....rare O_o.....anyways he's right. Your either too active or to passive most of the time. You gotta learn the difference between pressuring someone's shield and just...attacking a shield so you can get Shield grabbed. You abuse the Fsmash way too much. Fsmash is a blessing for Marth but it's also a curse. Because if you Fsmash at the open air it's pretty much a free hit(s). While I think you could've won game 2 because you played it better but it's a few things you didn't do that lost you the match. Number 1 thing you should never do is Dash-attack or use attacks at an obvious shield. Do the East-coast thing and just grab them lol. Cort wasn't just shielding randomly. Based on how you were playing him he knew you were gonna attack his shield even before you did lol. I suggest working on reaction as a whole. Wait a little bit sometimes but be prepared....take a lesson from bruce lee.

"A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself."
~ Bruce Lee

get your reaction to that level and you'll be fine.

@Sange you going to Zenith in the morning? If so see you there....if not.....**** you!!!:awesome:

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Aber, I think you should move around more. It looked like you were just standing still trying to bait a reaction and then cort...cort'd you. That isn't to say you should constantly be moving but move more than you did in those videos.

Walt

Smash Ace
So guys who you think wins in the falcon marth mu. Mooninite says falcon, I say he mad crazy.

edit: I typed that in all caps but I guess SWF auto filters that lol

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I've never once thought Marth had the advantage. If neither player approaches, Falcon wins. If both players approach, Falcon wins. See my logic?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Marth wins the matchup =P

Falcon's stupid uair strings don't work from grab if you DI down and away on the first one; his nair can be DI'd out of consistently, etc etc.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think its really close. Defensive marth > defensive falcon but defensive marth = offensive falcon and offensive marth = defensive falcon. offensive marth < offensive falcon.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Not until decently into mid%s because you get hit by the uair so high up in the air from the upthrow; eh, matchup could be even, I just think its made a lot worse in today's metagame by the collective lack of DI despite this game being around for 10 years.

Top Bottom