• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everybody is using items, FS Meters, non-legal stages & stage hazards online...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirvyzard

Smash Rookie
It was a nice day in the Smash Ultimate world & I decided to go online. I'm trying to get to 4,000,000 GSP because I thought that was how large your GSP had to be to enter Elite Smash. Thing is, every single match I go into, except maybe one (not exaggerating), the opponent's ruleset consists of 1 (or 3) stocks, all items, FS Meter, and all normal stages + stage hazards. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this just some phenomenon only I have seen?:151:

GhostM

Phantom
I believe it is because of simply how the ruleset matching is in Smash Ultimate. Before during the games early run, many players were matched in whatever matches regardless of their set rulesets, but later patches would improve to help find players with closer rulesets to you, but I believe it only works about 80% of the time. Because Ultimate doesn’t separate the casual and competitive players in their own rulesets like Smash 4 For Glory and For Fun, you are bound to sometimes be matched with both casual and competitive players. Some players are actual casual players who have no business in competitive play, but are forced to play in a ranking system because of how GSP is bound to everyone.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Make an Arena. Elite Smash is a cancer trap filled with the most laggy and inept players online as well as a 50% Joker ratio (because they want to be carried by rage mechanics and an unbalanced counter).
Change rulesets to your liking and open an arena and you wont have that problem anymore.

Squirvyzard

Smash Rookie
Make an Arena. Elite Smash is a cancer trap filled with the most laggy and inept players online as well as a 50% Joker ratio (because they want to be carried by rage mechanics and an unbalanced counter).
Change rulesets to your liking and open an arena and you wont have that problem anymore.
I don't see Joker too often anymore tbh. Thanks man, Quickplay can also stress me out a lot of times because of how dumb some characters & strategies are to me. (I think I'm the only human being that thinks Ganondorf needs a huge nerf, lol.)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Please avoid making rant threads. Also, this is the Smash for Wii U/3DS forum. Please discuss Ultimate in the Ultimate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom