• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Every Super Smash Bros. Melee credit has been hit

Credit.jpg

About two weeks ago, Nathaniel Bandy from Minus World put out a challenge: The first that hits every credit in Super Smash Bros. Melee before April 1st would win 3,000 dollars. Martin "Porkyz" Zarate rose up to the occasion to do it. In his statements to Polygon, he said that as soon as he saw the money, he had to participate. He spent over 50 hours.

The previous World Record recorded in at 182 sequences - Quite a long time to hold a world record for any game. Before, nobody even knew what would need to be done to attain the feat. While Smash 1-player records are an underdiscussed part of the Smash community (speed runs and stadium records, including 500 kills in cruel Melee), this credit challenge will potentially bring more highlight to the category.

Porky Zarate's impressive accomplishment can be seen below:

Author's Note: I didn't even think this was possible. I've lived to see previously sought after impossible things happen, such as Jordan from Guitar Hero 2 and Through the Fire and Flames from Guitar Hero 3 both having a full combo ('FC' for short), and this is easily one of the most impressive things I've seen. Think anyone else will do it? Excited to hear.

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Graphics: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Top Bottom