• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Every song confirmed!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Brawl's Mute City made it in. Sweet.

Pokemon Stadium from Melee, which I've been asking about on these boards forever (and mostly ignored, but water under the bridge), is also back, of which I actually cried with relief and joy over.

Glad to see the Magicant track make the jump over to the Wii U, though it insanely stupid that the stage didn't make it while Brawl's Mario Circuit did.

Fountain of Dreams will be sorely missed.

There's your Multi Man Melee 2, for everyone who wanted it.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Finally, Multi-Man Melee 2 returns! Although, I would've preferred it to play on FD but no complaints here (about that)

Ahh, I was hoping there would be MM8, and other series (X, Zero, etc) songs in the game so I pray for music DLC!

No Colony 9 :(

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The one that says Pokemon Stadium 2 (Melee) is that Gold/Silver remix, right?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If this is true then screw you Sakurai. That track was amazing. It should have been in SSB4. But this is proof that even Sakurai makes mistakes.
Is Sakurai even the one to decide what music is in the game?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Is Sakurai even the one to decide what music is in the game?
I am pretty sure if Sakurai didn't like something in the game it'd get changed. Maybe he doesn't choose the track list but he certainly has the final say if the tracklist is ok or not.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmm... Some Brawl and Melee songs didn't make it back, it seems. I'll miss Jungle Japes, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield (Melee) and Multi-Man Melee 1. Nice to see that Great Bay, Yoshi's Story, Multi-Man Melee 2 and Metal Battle (Melee) are back, though. Metal Battle (Melee) being on Final Destination is surprising, as I was expecting it to be on Battlefield, but I guess it fits FD's look better.

Molgera Battle from Wind Waker is not in anymore either.

They did add a track from Metroid Prime Hunters. That's interesting.

Wario did really get the shaft when it comes to music. No new remixes at all. There is a Wario Land song, though. Nice to see Wario Land getting some recognition.

No tracks from Pokémon, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing were cut, though in the case of Yoshi's Island and Pokémon, two Brawl songs were replaced by new remixes of the same songs.

And damn, both Ice Climber remixes from Melee and Brawl are back on the Wrecking Crew stage. What a tease, combined with 3 Star Wolf songs and three Mother 3 songs...

Some "good news" the songs that didn't return may mean are that DLC stages could mean new and more returning music............
I can dream, right?

Anyway, this information will be handy for me to update my Info thread.

437 songs... That's an impressive number, no doubt.

The one that says Pokemon Stadium 2 (Melee) is that Gold/Silver remix, right?
Yep.

The title is a bit misleading, though. Could have named it "Gold/Silver Battle Medley" or something like that.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Sonic's music choice is decent but it's still egregious that it's composed entirely of stage 1's/vocals and every song except rooftop run could be heard within the first hour of playing any give Sonic game (or promo material).

Thank goodness Wolf's Assault theme is there and on Orbital Assault to boot.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
If this is true then screw you Sakurai. That track was amazing. It should have been in SSB4. But this is proof that even Sakurai makes mistakes.
Dude, chill out. This game, as well as the rest in the series, is amazing and packed with content. No need to be rude.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No Sonic Boom... :(
I wonder if there was copyright issues due to the new show/games. That could be why. I'll miss it, though.

Still no Shadow the Hedgehog songs. But most of the Sonic section disappoints me. None of the more battle-orientated themes from the multiplayer modes. And none from Battle itself(which was great for fighting).

It is strange to see no Fountain of Dreams theme, but that probably means it'll be a DLC course with that and more. Maybe another Sonic course with more music could come up too~

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Oh no you don't! I will be surprised as I go along.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
No Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music?

Yeah, thanks, Sakurai, and Mona Pizza cut?

Please lets put the Tower of Smash guy as the next game's director, I'm pretty sure anyone that doesn't hate DK and Metroid wouldn't give DK 7 remixes of DK Island Swing with no sight of Homecoming Hijinx, Aquatic Ambience, Lockjaw's Saga, Boulder Roller, Windmill Hills, Mountain Mania, Grassland Groove, Snakey Chantey, Forest Frenzy, Treetop Tumble, Enchanted Riverbank, you get my point.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
No Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music?

Yeah, thanks, Sakurai, and Mona Pizza cut?

Please lets put the Tower of Smash guy as the next game's director, I'm pretty sure anyone that doesn't hate DK and Metroid wouldn't give DK 7 remixes of DK Island Swing with no sight of Homecoming Hijinx, Aquatic Ambience, Lockjaw's Saga, Boulder Roller, Windmill Hills, Mountain Mania, Grassland Groove, Snakey Chantey, Forest Frenzy, Treetop Tumble, Enchanted Riverbank, you get my point.
Add in:

• Bramble Scramble
  • Black Ice Battle
  • Mining Melancholy / Windy Well
  • Web Woods
Four of my favourite DK IP music. I get your point though 100% and I agree.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to contribute!?!?
Like seriously? screw Sakurai for not adding a stupid song? Jesus... the entitlement is strong in this one.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
They left in "Icicle Mountain", just to pour salt in the wound... :(

Also, the JP version of the Ashley theme seems odd to me...

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Add in:
  • Bramble Scramble
  • Black Ice Battle
  • Mining Melancholy / Windy Well
  • Web Woods
Four of my favourite DK IP music. I get your point though 100% and I agree.
What was that one? Is it from DKC3? Oh, I also forgot ****ing Punch Bowl.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Got City Escape, that's all the Sonic music I've ever wanted.

As for the rest, it's all pretty great, though I will miss the good 'ol Fountain of Dreams.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Could somebody post that list elsewhere please? Dropbox is disabled because it has too much traffic.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Also, the lack of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Medley is astounding, especially since it's probably the biggest Pokemon spin-off series.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Damn. No Plasm Wraith from Pikmin 3 or Boss Battle from Pikmin 2. I was really hoping for some intense music from Pikmin to make it. :/

T'was hoping for a variety of music from Donkey Kong Country series, too. Sakurai really likes his 10 variations of the Jungle Hijinx theme.

Oh well, the OST is still brilliant... *sniff*.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Nice find!
Sad that fountain of dreams is gone...
Btw, is there a thread like this for trophies?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So "Don't Speak her Name!" from Fire Emblem Awakening didn't make it in...
Fountain of Dreams, Aquatic Ambience, Don't Speak Her Name, City Trial, CROWNED, Port Town, Vs. Rundas, Vs. Dark Samus, Mona Pizza...iconic music? What's that?

We need more remixes of the main Mario Theme, DK Island Swing, and the original Metroid themes, don't forget tons of obscure Retro Fire Emblem music over one of the most iconic songs in the series. Not even Destiny ~Ablaze~

Oh, and to add insult to injury, Yoshi STILL doesn't have Big Bad Baby Bowser and Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy.

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The music in this game is great, no doubt. But it feels a little lacking. Like don't get me wrong, 400+ songs is stunning, but when a lot of that is either from Melee, Brawl, or the games they originated from, it becomes a little less impressive. Has anyone counted to see if there's less new music in this game than in Brawl? And while you could try and make the argument that there's only so much music they can remix, keep in mind the 9 DK Island Swing and 5 SMB Ground Theme tracks we got. Hopefully DLC or even Smash 5 gives us more variety in those franchises (and some music from the original Animal Crossing that's not a K.K. Slider song)

Top Bottom