• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Every move can be cancelled on frame 1. Including recovery moves.

SilentCustard

Smash Rookie
Hi.
I’ve been wanting to have a Melee iso where everything is cancellable as soon as it’s performed (including recovery moves), but don’t know how to make it myself. So, I’m asking if someone could figure out how to do it, and possibly send me an iso or tell me how to do it myself? If it’s going to take a while, I don’t mind waiting.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Last edited:

SilentCustard

Smash Rookie
https://smashboards.com/posts/23505565/

or

https://smashboards.com/threads/tur...button-mode-v1-3-20xx-4-07-compatible.449823/

Alternatively, you could use Crazy Hand to make every move cancel on frame 1 by modifying their IASA functions, but that takes a long time and B moves don't use IASA frames, so it would take some work to make those cancel on frame 1.
Just saying, I don’t want the Turbo Mode where you can only cancel moves if you hit someone with a move, nor do I want to have to lightly press the L trigger. I appreciate this is tricky, but I want it similar to Smash 4’s Turbo Mode mod but recoveries are changed too, since in that mod you just can immediately use a move after the next without pressing anything lightly or hitting someone.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Just saying, I don’t want the Turbo Mode where you can only cancel moves if you hit someone with a move, nor do I want to have to lightly press the L trigger. I appreciate this is tricky, but I want it similar to Smash 4’s Turbo Mode mod but recoveries are changed too, since in that mod you just can immediately use a move after the next without pressing anything lightly or hitting someone.
Then you're going to have to go with the last option and change every single move with a functional IASA event. Melee is not easy to mod if you compare it to Smash 4 or even Brawl, so to do this, we're going to go over some fairly hacky methods to achieve what you want:

First of all, you need to use Crazy Hand like I mentioned in that post. It's fairly easy to get used to it, but learning what every function does can be frustrating for someone new to all this. When you get everything ready, you want to find an A move like a Jab that you want to modify and look for something at the end of the move called "Allow Interrupt (IASA)". This, paired with the timer above, lets any move interrupt into almost any move (but not things like B moves in the air). Just change the timer's frame number into 1 and now you can cancel that Jab into almost anything.

Now, that's just the easy part. I'm assuming most mods that have tried to make "turbo Melee" into a thing just went with this, leaving B moves alone since the IASA function doesn't work with B moves. I'm not sure if there's any full on mod out there that successfully makes literally everything cancelable frame 1 because of how much time that would take, but I'm sure some people have made that for their personal use (or maybe they're public and just very underrated). For B moves, you want to take a look at this thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-make-a-character-turbo.441346/

Last edited:

SilentCustard

Smash Rookie
Then you're going to have to go with the last option and change every single move with a functional IASA event. Melee is not easy to mod if you compare it to Smash 4 or even Brawl, so to do this, we're going to go over some fairly hacky methods to achieve what you want:

First of all, you need to use Crazy Hand like I mentioned in that post. It's fairly easy to get used to it, but learning what every function does can be frustrating for someone new to all this. When you get everything ready, you want to find an A move like a Jab that you want to modify and look for something at the end of the move called "Allow Interrupt (IASA)". This, paired with the timer above, lets any move interrupt into almost any move (but not things like B moves in the air). Just change the timer's frame number into 1 and now you can cancel that Jab into almost anything.

Now, that's just the easy part. I'm assuming most mods that have tried to make "turbo Melee" into a thing just went with this, leaving B moves alone since the IASA function doesn't work with B moves. I'm not sure if there's any full on mod out there that successfully makes literally everything cancelable frame 1 because of how much time that would take, but I'm sure some people have made that for their personal use (or maybe they're public and just very underrated). For B moves, you want to take a look at this thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-make-a-character-turbo.441346/
Thanks for the help! I’ll try doing this soon! :)

Top Bottom