• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Seen PM players commentate Melee?

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Lol Taj making the other commentator sound like a fool. Btw man there were a couple of times you got disable on ganon in the middle of the stage and you chose to fair. If youre trying to rack up % dtilt -> fair would probably have been optimal. At high %s dair-> fair can probably kill em off the top. If you catch a him with disable at the edge you can use disable again; it has a low send angle and really good base knockback. It's a free easy edgeguard on all the fast fallers.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Lol Taj making the other commentator sound like a fool. Btw man there were a couple of times you got disable on ganon in the middle of the stage and you chose to fair. If youre trying to rack up % dtilt -> fair would probably have been optimal. At high %s dair-> fair can probably kill em off the top. If you catch a him with disable at the edge you can use disable again; it has a low send angle and really good base knockback. It's a free easy edgeguard on all the fast fallers.
The commentator guy was newer, and surprisingly learned. In AZ, we encourage anyone to commentate. I just think that it's funny that PM players have all these naive notions of how Mewtwo can approach the awful Ganon matchup.

At low percents, fair has more damage and has less landing lag than dtilt, which means that I can get in more juggles. I couldn't have gotten a combo like the 71% combo in my second stock off dtilts, I feel. At mid-percents, I would have rather gotten a fair into uair over dtilt -> fair, I think. I'm afraid that the dtilt will be DI'd away and I'll be catching nothing.

When it comes to high percents, dair-> fair is definitely good, but I was hesitant to try because disable can be mashed out of, and I didn't know how high Ganondorf would go. Ganondorf is always more floaty than I expect.

Disable kills unfortunately don't work against Ganon. He's too floaty. Double disable at the ledge is really only good at low percents vs a Falco. At anything higher than like 15%, dsmash will actually hit him harder are farther. It works best if you're expectin a crouch cancel, then they get awful DI off the double disable.

Disable also shoots the opponent away if they're in hitstun, and during certain parts of ledge attacks. It's good if you can combo it against a Falcon if you're off of the stage and want a horizontal finisher. It's one of my favorite, but more rare kill moves.

Last edited:

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
The commentator guy was newer, and surprisingly learned. In AZ, we encourage anyone to commentate. I just think that it's funny that PM players have all these naive notions of how Mewtwo can approach the awful Ganon matchup.

At low percents, fair has more damage and has less landing lag than dtilt, which means that I can get in more juggles. I couldn't have gotten a combo like the 71% combo in my second stock off dtilts, I feel. At mid-percents, I would have rather gotten a fair into uair over dtilt -> fair, I think. I'm afraid that the dtilt will be DI'd away and I'll be catching nothing.

When it comes to high percents, dair-> fair is definitely good, but I was hesitant to try because disable can be mashed out of, and I didn't know how high Ganondorf would go. Ganondorf is always more floaty than I expect.

Disable kills unfortunately don't work against Ganon. He's too floaty. Double disable at the ledge is really only good at low percents vs a Falco. At anything higher than like 15%, dsmash will actually hit him harder are farther. It works best if you're expectin a crouch cancel, then they get awful DI off the double disable.

Disable also shoots the opponent away if they're in hitstun, and during certain parts of ledge attacks. It's good if you can combo it against a Falcon if you're off of the stage and want a horizontal finisher. It's one of my favorite, but more rare kill moves.
Great stuff here, especially about disable working on ledge attacks. Also not sure if you know but double disable has a sweetspot at the end and a sourspot in the closest hitbox to mewtwo. Dair -> fair should connect until unreasonably high %s since meteors decrease launch velocity by 20% while applying the same hitstun of a given KB value.

Top Bottom