• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Oasis Discussion Thread

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Nintendo just announced their newest IP today in the form of Ever Oasis. The game is an RPG that focuses on building an oasis. It seems to be similar to the game Fantasy Life, while still providing new ideas.

Feel free to post your thoughts and discuss this game below.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
This feels like it is a literal mix between Fantasy Life and Final Fantasy Explorers, but infinitely cooler than those two imo. When I first heard of a new Action-Adventure-RPG IP to be announced yesterday, I didn't know what to expect at all so Nintendo definitely caught me by surprise. However I had wondered what the character models would look like - would they take the path of the chibi-styled design like so many others have on the 3DS, or stay true to the realistic aspect of classic J-RPG characters? (Kingdom Hearts, Tales of the Abyss)
I am normally more fond of the latter, but upon seeing the OE trailer for the first time, I immediately loved its style, so once again Nintendo has won my heart. I am looking forward to it having a release date.

The boss battle in the Treehouse segment was impressive. The only thing I would consider flawed is the allies' AI.

The dungeon looked decent, but I'm hoping there will be much more beautiful/impressive places in the game for us to deem worthy of future Smash Bros. stage potential. (Yep, I want this IP to join the Smash lore so much, I have a crush on it)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The only real problem I find with the game is no multiplayer. Are they intentionally going back to the way RPG's were in the past? I feel that would have added more appeal and replay value to the game itself.

But I'm still interested to see where Grezzo goes with this game. But that still doesn't mean I'm sold on "Theto 4 Smash" like some other folks.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just going to bump this thread a bit to say that I will be willing to give this game a chance. But however, I'm not expecting sales to be any great or for the game to be popular. I know it sounds kind of hypocrital since I am a Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE fan. So despite my initial disappointment, I'll gladly check the game out when it release.

Another thing, Tethu will be scored tomorrow in the RTC. Any of you who are interested like _Sheik _Sheik or Sari Sari can join tomorrow afternoon.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...rom-fire-emblem.430437/page-112#post-21329231

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
As I do with most new Nintendo IPs, I wish this title well, but personally it doesn't do anything for me.

Regardless, hopefully Nintendo advertises it enough that it has a chance at continuing... at least in Japan, which seems like the market in which it will find greater success.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First impressions aren't looking too hot from many outlets for Ever Oasis, some feeling mixed with few feeling negative.

This is probably going to wind up being a cult classic regardless of whichever reviews that this game gets. Maybe in japan it could be successful, but I'm a bit iffy on it getting any Western success.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really? What are they saying?
Some criticisms included things like how simple the game's combat is, which US Gamer notes as the weakest aspect of the game. Some went far as describing it as a "Baby's Zelda", not feeling fast or precise as a Zelda title. They also said that the demo wasn't good enough at showcasing the chunk of what makes the game good (assuming they think it should get better beyond that).

Though some like GoNintendo and GameXplain were more forgiving on that, the later saying it's definitely the type of game Zelda fans should enjoy. IDigitalTimes stated that being stuck as the main character was a downside along with only having three party members in one team. Maybe they were expecting much because it's an RPG.

Other than that, it's the usual "the game looks boring" and "I still hate the ugly art style" from the vocal non-proffesional minority. Even then, I feel there isn't enough coverage for a game that is one of the last few big 3DS games for the year (And I'm already aware that there will be more games in 2018).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ever figure from reading a review that the reviewer would rather be the one covering the latest blockbuster AAA but got stuck with the one they're on while someone else got it?

Not saying that's what's happened but it reminds me of it.

Top Bottom