• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Events aren't as good as in Melee...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The events in Brawl are easier than Melee but they aren't as creative though. Also as a plus in Brawl too is the ability to change difficulty, which is even better.

(I hate event mode!)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No offense, but that's a pretty n00by way of looking at it. Instead of challenging you to find that perfect strategy for beating it, you can beat it however you want without having to give a crap. Yes, very entertaining. :ohwell:
Not everyone can handle the difficulty of some of Melee's events though. Having the option of choosing the difficulty level helps, but the Event Matches could've been better.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Ditch some of the lame stuff (chronicle, MASTERPIECES, ditch some of the lamer aspects of special brawl)
for an Event Creator!!!
In-depth please, cause stage builder isnt good enough for me(i have a very creative spirit, shich is why I love games like animal crossing. Soul Calibur 3 is one of my fav fighting games just cause of the character creator[BRAWL could have use one D: ] )

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree. The melee events were almost perfectly strung together. The Brawl ones lack that same flavor. I remember playing through melee and feeling such a high level of achievement when I beat event 51. I didn't feel that when I beat event 41 in Brawl. Also, co-op events are seriously a joke.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
some of the events are reall y random, like the one where ur zelda and have 2 climb a waterfall (aka, jumping up Rumble Falls)
what the mess?
thats random, and the description is even random. it goes umthing like...
'I wnat to climb a waterfall at high speed. why? because it's there"
so u just keep jumping.
all these matches could be copied in vs. mode
and there should have been, say 61 or so, maybe even 101... and u shouldn't be able 2 set the difficulty... too easy for noobs.
why?
my friend, who just got into smash and got brawl the other day told me he beat all the events in a few days.
i aske dhim on what difficulty?
easy, he said.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I think there were more events in Melee. At least it felt like it did.

Has anyone been able to beat the very last event (Big Mario, Snake, and Sonic) on Hard? I can't. It's soo hard! I get so frustrated because Mario takes up the whole screen and can hit me from any spot on the stage!

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
I felt that Brawl's events were boring compared to Melee and lacked of originality, at least I found some fun in a few cooperative events.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
I totally agree. When I played the Melee Events, I could keep on going and going.
As for the Brawl Events, they just seem so.. Dull. The only event I actually liked was the one where you play with Link where you fight your dark side.

Harold21

Smash Rookie
I agree completely, the events in brawl felt forced, as though oh crap we have three months left lets just put this in.

Anciant2

Smash Cadet
Brawl's events stink, you dont even get anything for beating all the events except a puny notice. In melee you atleast unlock a stage.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I personally think the Brawl events aren't that bad, they just aren't presented the same way they were in Melee. In Melee it was the name and description that stuck, making you have to guess what you're up against and making it seem more interesting when you do have to face it. However, in Brawl there's a picture to give you a decent idea of what you're going to be doing, so it feels less special.

A lot of the events aren't just battles, despite how a lot of people keep acting. For example, the pikmin one requires you merely to avoid enemies long enough for all 6 pikmin to become flowers, and in the one where you're Bowser you have to simply stay alive until the screen scrolls past the flag in Mushroomy Kingdom (and on hard mode the stage goes by a lot faster, so you need to be sure you aren't caught behind anything at all times).

There's a few neat variables in some of them, as well. In the one where Marth must protect Zelda, if she survives until the lava area, she will turn into Shiek and help you fight. In the one where it's Ike vs Diddy, you have to try and beat them before the same lava area of Castle Siege, otherwise a giant DK will come and you'll have to beat him as well (or you can purposely wait so that you get the chance to fight him).

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Ye you do tend to find alot of the Events in Brawl pretty pointless and non-challenging, I mean I had alot of stress doing the Melee events cause they were a pain in the a** but ye espicially the last events in Melee, much harder than of the ones in Brawl.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Ye you do tend to find alot of the Events in Brawl pretty pointless and non-challenging, I mean I had alot of stress doing the Melee events cause they were a pain in the a** but ye espicially the last events in Melee, much harder than of the ones in Brawl.
That's because you can just lower the difficulty of the ones in Brawl if they gives you problems, while in Melee you were stuck on the default difficulty they were. =/

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
That's because you can just lower the difficulty of the ones in Brawl if they gives you problems, while in Melee you were stuck on the default difficulty they were. =/
Even so, raising the difficulty level on some Events are still not as challenging. But I remember completing the last Event on Melee with Jigglypuff. GOOD TIMES!

Shineenigma

Smash Rookie
I played the Melee events because they offered situations that were impossible to play normally. Giant Bowser vs Donkey Kong, for example, or Leathal Marathon. I had really been hoping that Brawl would give more options for controlling play, like setting the size for each individual characeter. Those hopes were crushed with the special Brawl update on the Dojo.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Even so, raising the difficulty level on some Events are still not as challenging. But I remember completing the last Event on Melee with Jigglypuff. GOOD TIMES!
Have you tried all the events on hard? "Come On, Blue Falcon" is challenging because the ROBs actually go after the smash ball to prevent you from using it, "Legendary Air Ride Machine" actually has the Warios nab the Dragoon pieces to keep you from completing it, and the ones with moving stages go pretty fast on hard difficulties (and the enemies there to slow you down make things pretty annoying, as well).

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
Melee's event matches were definitely more creative and Brawl's events are just lame.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
I never returned to them after beating them all on hard. They don't really seem fun to try and get high scores on. I thought the event matches in Melee could use some improvment, but now Brawl's events make Melee's look awesome.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
They're too easy, I completed them all in about 10 minutes, or at least it felt like that. Anyways, even the some challenges require you to do some of the events on Hard. I don't even think it should be a challenge. It's waaaaaaaay to easy.

Frate

Smash Journeyman
The only challenge I had a problem with, was that one on norfair where you gotta enter that lava bunker. You know why?! Samus is too **** floaty which meant I jumped over the bunker 100 times and died.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
I haven't done them all on hard, but so far all of them were easy except for that pokemon one (event 10 or 11?). That was just annoying! Anyway, I prefer the system on melee, where difficulty would gradually get harder without your choice.

Top Bottom