• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event mode (Smash Ultimate)

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
So I get really excited about all the possible stories they can tell with this roster in the event mode. The main appeal of the event mode to me was always that it contextualized the fighting. Maybe similar to subspace emmisary, though I never played Brawl. It gives a reason for those characters to be on those stages, fighting the battles that they do, in the way they do.

I have a few hopes concerning event mode. Not all of which are very realistic.
Like it would be perfect if they gave the players the tools to create our own event matches, with changed rulesets and win conditions, maybe even combine it with customizable AI, custom stage builder and a very complete special smash, that players can then upload, similar to custom stages in ssb4.

But as this thread is basically just to daydream about the possible event matches, we can sort off make our own event matches here.

I'll start of with a few examples:

Cerulean cave:
You play as Pokémon trainer on the spear pillar stage versus a high level CPU Mewtwo. However, the Mewtwo has a gimmick where he automatically triggers the fairybottle item effect as soon as he reaches 100%. This is done to simulate Mewtwo using the move recover.

Fire Emblem Fates:
Play as Corrin in a 1 vs 3 vs 3 team stamina battle, where the other two teams are made up out of all the other Fire emblem characters, and represent the warring families.

And a last one that will never be implemented, but it's just fun to think about:

Avengers assemble:
Play as a character of your choice against a number of other characters in succesion on city-like stage. (Fourside, Saffron city, or New donk city) First a samus with the metal box property (Iron man), Then a Giant green Donkey kong (The hulk), Zss (Black widow), Pit (Hawkeye), and either Dedede with electric properties on its attacks, Robin, or Pikachu as Thor. You could have the avengers appear at set time intervals or whenever you knock out the previous on, so if you don't defeat them fast enough they gang up on you.

I'm curious as to what you guys want/expect form event mode, and if you want to share your creative event matches, please do!

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Seal the Evil (2v1)
Zelda (P1) and Link (CPU or P2) vs Giant Ganondorf. 2 minute time limit. Victory condition is hitting Ganondorf with Zelda's Final Smash

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
The Huge Shadow :
You play as a Power Mushroomed Ridley, against a lvl 9 CPU of Samus with permanent max rage. When Samus is smashed, Zero Suit Samus appears. Beat Zero Suit Samus to win. Stage is either Pyrosphere(if it returns) or Frigate Orpheon. Only items that will show up are explosives / metroid specific. All character have 1 stock.

Unleash the Swarm :
As a mini mushroomed Pikmin and Olimar, along side a CPU controlled Alph, you must defeat a power mushroomed R.O.B (Similar to that one scene in Brawl). The stage would be one of the Pikmin related stages. Oliver and Alph have 2 stocks, R.O.B has 1. The victory condition is defeat R.O.B

The League of Evil :
Playing as Captain Falcon and 1 stock, the player must survive 2 minutes against a team of CPU controlled Bowser, Ridley and Ganondorf. No items will spawn, and the stage is either Norfair(if it returns) or Final Destination.

Those are all I have off the top of my head.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Final Battle:
Fight against :ultbowser:,:ultbowserjr::ultganondorf:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultridley:,:ultwario:,:ultwolf: in a 8 Player Smash and win.

Final Final Battle:

Fight against :ultbayonetta:,:ultsnake:,:ultcloud:,:ultryu:,:ultsonic:,:ultmegaman: ,:ultpacman: in a 8 Player Smash and Giant :ultmario: after that.

Top Bottom