• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event matches...

WindMage

Smash Rookie
So I have all of the event matches and I've unlocked everything besides FD. Are there any tips you guys have for beating them? I'm probably just really bad and I'm not competitive or anything yet I'm just messing around with melee rn. I want FD so my friends and I can have some 1v1s together so if there's a way to beat the events let me know!

Pauer

The Pauerful
Moved this to the 1-Player mode subforum. The stickied threads here have plenty of advice regarding your question.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
So I have all of the event matches and I've unlocked everything besides FD. Are there any tips you guys have for beating them? I'm probably just really bad and I'm not competitive or anything yet I'm just messing around with melee rn. I want FD so my friends and I can have some 1v1s together so if there's a way to beat the events let me know!
Looking to clear event 51, are ya? I answered a similar question for another user here. :jigglypuffmelee: is the best character for this (but I personally won that particular event using :peachmelee: once). Rest will get rid of Giga Bowser as he's got much less resistance to knockback than in Adventure Mode. You could try Rest on :mewtwomelee: and :ganondorfmelee:, but I wouldn't recommend. Instead, continually run off the ledge and jump back such that you grab the ledge. The evil trio will try to edgeguard you but G.B. will self-destruct trying to d-smash you but instead gets the d-air. :mewtwomelee: charges Shadow Ball without canceling it and if it falls off the stage in this state, it SDs. :ganondorfmelee: likes using up-B, but he rarely self-destructs. When you only have Ganondorf left to deal with, capitalize on his slow-ass attacks with decent-damage moves of your own and use Rest carefully.

Other than that, the CPUs in Melee are not too brilliant. They like doing jabs and grabs for the most part. Good luck clearing that last event! :)

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
This may sound weird, but I actually think the easiest way is to use Ness's fair. It does a lot of damage if you hit master/crazy hand with the full multihit (which is easy with them) then just grab ledge when you're in danger since Ness's recovery sucks.

Top Bottom