• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

darkrain

Smash Ace
CLICK HERE TO PREREGISTER

Where
- Johnson County Community College
- 12345 College Boulevard | Overland Park, Kansas, 66210

When & What

Saturday, October 18th
- Check in starts at 9:30am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools (Teams) @ 10am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools (Singles) @ 3pm

Sunday, October 19th
- Super Smash Bros. Melee 16 Man Bracket (Teams) @ 11am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee 32 Man Bracket (Singles) @ 2pm

Entry Fees

- $20 for Singles
- $15 for Doubles
- $5 Venue Fee

The Venue Fee with be waived for those that bring a setup (TV & Cube)

Pot Split

- 1st - 50% + OoS Bonus
- 2nd - 35%
- 3rd - 15%
- 4th - $20

Teams split is 60/30/10

Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
- Everything else

Hotel Info and Housing
There are several reasonable priced hotels about 10 minutes away from the venue. Both are about $40-$50 dollars a night.

Days Inn Kansas City Lenexa
630 Rosehill Rd
Lenexa, KS 66215
(913) 492-7200‎

Motel 6
6400 E 87th St
Kansas City, MO 64138
816- 444-4125

Days Inn
6101 E 87th St
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816) 765-4331

Housing will also be available. PM me with the details and I'll try and help you out.

The tournament features a large ball room venue at the newly constructed Regnier Center at a local community college. It is provided to us by the GIG club (game interest group). The venue can hold up to 300 people. There will be approximately 24-32 setups so everything runs smooth and finished on time.

There will also be a guaranteed out of state bonus of $500 dollars.

Estimated payouts with 64 attendees:
1. $ 1100
2. $ 500
3. $ 200

This is a minimum estimate, all extra money will be put towards the pot. Prizes will likely be much higher.

Important phone numbers: contact if you need directions or any other questions
darkrain: (816) 726-4901
Stealth: (913) 485-0664
dmac : (785) 760-2942
phat: (816) 224-4119

Pre-registration page is up and the list will be updated a couple times a day. Also housing is being offered on a first come, first serve basis. People who need housing should register as soon as possible.

http://www.jmloredo.com/Event52/

^ Register Here ^

Note that pre-registration is required but pre-payment is not.

only1Z

Smash Champion
All ye disbelievers take shelter now, lest ye be smote for thou unjust opinions and views.

Dis is duh real deal holyfield fyi.

Varsuvius

Smash Rookie
If it's run as well as the last tourney I'll pobably come up. WTB Darkrain running Fast 1 instead of whomever was. :/

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Chances are pretty high that I'll be able to make it. I got enough time to make plans for this **** :)

Also, get an ssb64 tournament going XD

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I guess Sam and whoever else might be there. Sorry guys, but I will be on the east coast when this happens. At least I will be at smashtastrophe

Watty

Smash Lord
dude kansas is so far away but i miss darkrain a poop ton. depends on whats going on with work and the other cok luvas. MELEES COMING BACK *****ES

4% APR

Smash Champion
this is a nice 12 hours from me. Hey cok guys, if you have a seat you should let me know :)

only1Z

Smash Champion
Think of it this way, we've all made it out for you guys...... /plays guilt trip card

SamDvds

Smash Ace
haha this is on my b-day. i might just have to make this :) depends on what the rest of STL wants to do

Jx31

Smash Ace
500$ out of state bonus.....I've got to improve quick >.>.

I should be able to make this since the date is a good while from now. Time to advertise this in the Atlantic South!

dmac

Smash Champion
mmm.. how do you get to the venue of the airport?? I am tempted too =P
if *anyone* needs help getting to and from the airport just let me know and i can shuttle people, just give me your flight info asap so we can start arranging

Top Bottom