• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Even Matchup Gaming Top 10 Plays - Diddy Kong Getting Bodied

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Not a fan of Donkey Kong's little buddy? Does he not make you smile when he plays his tune? Diddy Kong is fairly notorious in the competitive Smash 4 community due to his crazy down throw aerial combos and the fact that many big name Smash 4 players are picking him up as their main. Safe to say, Diddy's a fairly prominent character in the Smash 4 metagame.

Even Matchup Gaming has compiled a list of moments where Diddy Kong was taking, not giving, a beating.

Check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more Smash Bros goodness.
Also, be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and isn't a fan of getting down throw up air'd. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
You know, I like people who try to use low-tier characters and bonus points if they use them as their main. During one of those stream matches they show what said character is capable of and beats the regular professionals. Example would be one of my favorite matches to re-watch which would be aMSa (Yoshi) vs. Mew2king (Shiek, Fox).
aMSa takes the match 3-1. He beats Mew2king.....with F**KING YOSHI!!
I wonder what aMSa is doing nowadays at the moment I think about it.
So with all that said, the title alone soothes me..

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
Lmao without even watching the vid, I can bet Will's 0-Death combo on Mew2King at the Come Up is 1st.

EDIT: HOLY THAT TK-Pink Fresh Team Combo :O

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Words can't express how happy Im now

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
That diddy missing the rocket barrel is hilarious xD

what stream did that come from ?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Even though I think most of the Diddy-hate going around is a bit premature, this still had me smiling.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398

Donkey Kong putting his nephew in his place. Showing him who's the real first banana around here.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I honestly believe that the whole "throw to aerial" stuff isn't what makes Diddy so great. I honestly think that other characters like Charizard, Bowser and Captain Falcon have better throws > aerial attacks.

Hell, even Bowser and Charizard's U-Airs KO at lower percentages than Diddy's U-air (I KO'd Bowser with Charizard's U-Air at 90%), so no where are Diddy's aerials close to being amazing.

Decent yes, amazing, hell no.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't really hate Diddy Kong since I don't really met a pro online. The character that I hate the most is :4bowserjr:. And the one I don't like online is:4ganondorf:.Some :4ganondorf:mains just keep using side B...........

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I don't really hate Diddy Kong since I don't really met a pro online. The character that I hate the most is :4bowserjr:. And the one I don't like online is:4ganondorf:.Some :4ganondorf:mains just keep using side B...........
I do that all the time whenever I get bodied and sent to the sides. If I can still recover, I use Side-B on the last stock to just KO my opponent first.

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
Might get hate...
People complained about Kirby (or Pikachu)being OP in Smash 64
People complain about Meta Knight being OP in Brawl
People complain about Diddy being powerful in Smash 4 (we don't know)
Nobody complains when Fox is powerful in melee.
Watch the hate comments come in now...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I thought this was going to be a dumb video as a response to the Diddy hate going around.

I was not ready for so much hype.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I really don't understand all the diddy hate. For one, diddy isn't THAT good, and even if he is that good, why hate on him for being high tier?

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Didn't include Will's Giant Punch to close the set on M2K's Diddy, get 'em outta here

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Shoutouts to my boy @Gyov4nn for being featured as the Luigi on the top 8 segment of the video. That movement was sooo smooth.

Whole video was very hype. :upsidedown: Huge highight for me was number 4 and the amazingly executed display of teamwork.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy was the most underused and underrated Top Tier in Brawl. Was about time people took him more serious. :smirk: And I agree that Diddy isn't as OP as previous Smash games' Top Tiers. He's by comparison weaker than :pikachu64: :foxmelee:(and I'd argue :falcomelee: to!) and especially :metaknight:.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do that all the time whenever I get bodied and sent to the sides. If I can still recover, I use Side-B on the last stock to just KO my opponent first.
Ganondorf really got tough in this game.....

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
@ smashboy12 smashboy12
Wait even when Fox is the best, some people complain about Jigglepuff xD

And the most Diddy were not really good right now. They are still in development. After 6 month, we will see annoying DIddys, which learned there options and are annoying. Looking forward to see APEX Resultthread xD

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Example would be one of my favorite matches to re-watch which would be aMSa (Yoshi) vs. Mew2king (Shiek, Fox).
aMSa takes the match 3-1. He beats Mew2king.....with F**KING YOSHI!!
I wonder what aMSa is doing nowadays at the moment I think about it.
Two questions:
  1. Was it streamed?
  2. If it was, can you give me the link? I really want to see that!
Also, Diddy getting bodied and none of that Zero Suit Samus action? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!
Disclaimer: I'm joking ^_^

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
8 should have been higher, but otherwise, amazing. I remember that Mr. E vs M2K set so well.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I really don't understand where all the Diddy complaints come from honestly. I guess I'm in the minority thinking he's not as great as everyone thinks. Don't get me wrong, he's still a great character, but best character in the game? I don't think so. Overpowered? Hell no. I've played against a lot of great Diddy players in tournaments competitively and casually and have had a lot of success (mind you I'm a Donkey Kong main, who is now considered the worst character in the game). I think when the metagame really develops, and people realize that defensive options are far superior to offensive options in this game, you'll see characters like Rosalina and Megaman take over. I still think Diddy Kong is top 10 material, just not the best character in the game, and certainly not overpowered.

And seriously, his down throw to aerial combos are so overrated. I've been able to DI out of those with my DK numerous times. It's not very difficult.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Seemed like M2K was in every single clip just getting crushed xD

Top Bottom