• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[European Ruleset] Dedede's infinite

Dedede's character-specific infinites...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, antiban people are saying the exact same things I've said some time ago when I tried to get the infinite banned (in the german smashscene).

Everyone made fun of me though. And I was the only one (except an other DK main) really wanting it banned.

But anyway, I'm not sure if it should be banned. Of course I'd like it gone, but I'm not sure if it should really be done... I feel like I could beat some D3s with DK even if the infinite is allowed.. xD

Maybe just the standing infinite should be banned, because there's nothing like it in the game (0-deaths or other "infinites" end or need a wall to be endless, which means it won't really be an infinite). The only exception are the ICs... (stupid ICs <_<)

The walking chaingrab however is like those other 0-deaths/"infinites", so it somehow "fits" in there...

The problem I see with the small step chaingrab though is that you might be pressing Z too early or something and grab DK in place instead of walking a bit (which, to be honest, isn't that easy if you really want to avoid the standing infinite). So maybe just ban them all to avoid such problems... =\

Although it is a bit unfair to D3s players, because the matchup will be harder for them and they could lose now (oh noez...).
I mean, why should other characters who can 0-death/"infinite" some chars be able to do it, but not D3?
While an infinite is diffferent, we can just limit them to be a 0-death and there wouldn't be a difference. Of course it's easier to do and initiate, but the infinite itself is still (somehow) like a 0-death (which other chars can do to some...)...

I myself would not have a problem with them both banned, though. It really takes no skill and I have no problem in fighting other characters "normally". And yeah it's soo easy to grab someone... :dizzy:

I didn't vote though, because I couldn't decide...

EDIT:
Ban neither, it´s a reason to actually use D3 in tournaments, and forces players to learn the game...
lol, D3 is really good without the infinite.
I don't get what you mean by "it forces players to learn the game". Maybe you mean that the game is about CPing? Because they don't learn anything other than how it is to get ***** and be helpless.

Greward

Smash Lord
I vote ban because Bardo thinks it should get banned and he's a DDD main xDDD

Srsly, everything has been said, and i dont know why we should have these kind of cgs allowed. They just help unbalancing the game and making it less funny for more players.

I would allow pika's and ICs chaingrabs though. Falco's can be a 0 death chaingrab to some chars though xD

Laem

Smash Champion
pro ban. i like manly play and this isnt manly. yes i play competitively LOL

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
we're a competitive scene. we should ban things when they are necessery and banworthy.

but we should absolutly not ban things that make the game for 1-2 characters harder and don't break the game in any ways. even if its less manlier its still not uncompetitive to use it.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
EDIT:

lol, D3 is really good without the infinite.
I don't get what you mean by "it forces players to learn the game". Maybe you mean that the game is about CPing? Because they don't learn anything other than how it is to get ***** and be helpless.
Yep, some matchups needs to be counterpicked, a Foxplayer for example needs to accept the fact that shieks ftilt is a guarantied 20-death, that´s even easier to set up then grab for D3 against "insert infinited character".
Choosing a bad character is ok, but having a secondary is very important in brawl unless you are playing Metaknight, these infinites are just one example for that this is a game to learn alot of matchups, and maybe use more then one char.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
I voted for banning neither.

It only screws up very few characters that are barely considered tournament-viable anyway. If you're maining one of these weaker characters, a ban on DDD's chaingrab will not improve your chances by alot. If we ban this chaingrab, the IC's should be next on our banning-list, seeing as they have a plethora of infinites aswell. So yeah, none of them.

edit:

considering the threat of anyone being able to pick Dedede (at the very least for a counterpick) is very detrimental to the metagame of the duped characters. This isn't on a level where they can just get better at the matchup anymore.
While that is true, there will still be atleast 2 / 3 matches in a standard tournament bracket match where it is not possible to simply CP Dedede. The first match can be a double blind pick. Additionaly, if the lowtier-player loses a match, he can simply not use [infiniteable character] should his opponent choose Dedede (given, this requires Advanced Slob Picks in order to be true).

Besides that, there is a lot of situations where it is not possible to "just get better at the matchup". (Captain Falcon vs Meta Knight, for instance) - Should MK be banned against Captain Falcon?

This ban is just silly, imo.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
The lowtier player can still play a bad character as secondary, pick up Fox and get it much easier against D3 (but will have to watch out for shieks ftilt, which is easier and more effective then this, and leads to a killmove)

Top Bottom