• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[European Ruleset] #8 : Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes: Counterpick or banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
#8: Jungle Japes

Again, the question is simple: should Jungle Japes be a counterpick stage or a banned stage? Instructions:

1. Vote only if you are sure of your vote.
2. Try to explain your vote as clearly as possible in this thread.

Poll will remain open for two weeks, maybe longer if necessary.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
What? Do you even know what you are talking about? There's a killing machine every 8 seconds. No reason to have this as a legal stage.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You know, since Rainbow Cruise has been banned, I don't have any reason really to defend this stage from being banned as well. However, it would have been unfair if RC was legal and this one wasn't. But yeah, even though I believe Japes should now be banned, I'll still briefly* state reasons for which this could have been made a counterpick stage:
  • When you fall in the water, you KNOW you are facing the risk of being murdered by the crocodiles, so it's YOUR problem.
  • Falco is the only character who can attempt and force opponents into the rapids with his chaingrab. But good players know how to tech the spike and effectively survive the trap.
  • There's also Falco's ridiculous camping and crazy phantasm tricks, but that's just a character advantage.
  • This stage is not only beneficial for Falco, but also for DK, Peach and others.

*remember this is brief, this could have been an extremely long and developed post if Rainbow Cruise was allowed.

Tero.

Smash Champion
You know, since Rainbow Cruise has been banned, I don't have any reason really to defend this stage from being banned as well. However, it would have been unfair if RC was legal and this one wasn't.

This.
Ban.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
A OHKO object in this stage pretty much decides that this stage should be banned.
I voted ban by the way, not because I think that the crocodiles are a big deal (as I explained before, it's the player's fault if he falls in the water), but because the banning of Rainbow Cruise clearly showed what our standards will be like for the rest of the voting process. They both represent the type of stage that only give big advantages to a select few characters, which is unfair for the rest of the cast.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I like liberal stagelists, and Japes is a reasonable counterpick for quite a lot of characters, so I see no reason to ban it.

It's also fun to play on. :>

Greward

Smash Lord
i luv the cocodrile <3

if rc is banned this should be banned too, as long we have decided to not have free win counterpicks.

ban

but i still love this stage.

Top Bottom