• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[European Ruleset] #6 : Luigi's Mansion

Luigi's Mansion: Counterpick or Banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
#6: Luigi's Mansion

Again, the question is simple: should Luigi's Mansion be a counterpick stage or a banned stage? Instructions:

1. Vote only if you are sure of your vote.
2. Try to explain your vote as clearly as possible in this thread.

Poll will remain open for two weeks, maybe longer if necessary.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Great... Thanks a lot...

Well, well... Luigi's mansion. I heard that it was banned in the USA because you can run around it and time out opponents with characters like Meta Knight and stuff. Also, when house is not broken, teching can be quite ridiculous in there.

I'd say banned, but I'll wait for more opinions.

Greward

Smash Lord
Running around it for stalling can be easily won by destroying the house.
It has horrible matchups and can be impossible to die here. Probly it will get banned, i wont vote for now

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Counterpick, atleast in teams

I would like to see people run the clock on the stage, and not old retired players like teh_spamerer/plank who don´t play the game...

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Crappy ledge, long stage survival, unstaling whenever you want, DK and GaW are unkillable here, and anyone else with a momentum cancel for that matter. If you attempt to destroy the house you'll get slapped for doing so.
But it has no walljumping so it should be neutral (AMIRITE GREW)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Basically everything has been said. Pillars also protect from projectiles, so it limits spamming characters even more (like it wasn't bad enough with the different floors and whatnot). Not sure here - are the pillars supporting Dedede in wall-infiniting some people?
In any way...
It's also almost impossible to kill vertically, even for characters that have an insane vertical KO power like Snake or Fox. Especially when it comes to fat penguins or something.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Basically everything has been said. Pillars also protect from projectiles, so it limits spamming characters even more (like it wasn't bad enough with the different floors and whatnot). Not sure here - are the pillars supporting Dedede in wall-infiniting some people?
In any way...
It's also almost impossible to kill vertically, even for characters that have an insane vertical KO power like Snake or Fox. Especially when it comes to fat penguins or something.
It doesn't help with wall infinites ;)

Top Bottom