• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[European Ruleset] #5 : Frigate Orpheon

Frigate Orpheon: Counterpick or Banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
#5: Frigate Orpheon

Again, the question is simple: should Frigate Orpheon be a counterpick stage or a banned stage? Instructions:

1. Vote only if you are sure of your vote.
2. Try to explain your vote as clearly as possible in this thread.

Poll will remain open for two weeks.

P.S. I updated .Tero's sticky thread a bit: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7487628&postcount=2. Take a look at it and see if any of the stages on the list that haven't been decided yet (like Norfair, Luigi's Mansion etc) are still worth discussing, or if the outcome is already obvious. I'm leaning towards the latter, but then again I don't know much about Brawl, so maybe it's still necessary. Let me know.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Definitely a counterpick. It's one of the best stages for characters with good recoveries because of the weird edges and the flip which can instantly kill many others (as long as the player isn't paying attention, is standing at the wrong side of the stage during the flip and hasn't got a good vertical recovery [and trust me, this does happen sometimes]). It has no "broken" character on it.

When I play Falco and win the first round, people like to counterpick that stage against me.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Obviously counterpick.
I think things should move on quicker. For obvious stage that will probably have no debate, the poll must last a lot less than two weeks. As soon as Frigate pro-counterpick gets a very big lead, it'd be better if we started discussed the more controversial stages like Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium 2, Norfair, Luigi's Mansion, etc.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
I'm fine with moving on faster than usual, but as I said you guys need to let me know what stages you think are still useful to discuss. I don't know enough about the game; I'm just here to make these polls.

On the other hand, do stages like Jungle Japes, Norfair and Luigi's Mansion really have a chance of becoming counterpicks, considering Rainbow Cruise didn't make it?

Greward

Smash Lord
On the other hand, do stages like Jungle Japes, Norfair and Luigi's Mansion really have a chance of becoming counterpicks, considering Rainbow Cruise didn't make it?
They have a really small possibility but maybe.
Distant planet should be discussed too btw

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm fine with moving on faster than usual, but as I said you guys need to let me know what stages you think are still useful to discuss. I don't know enough about the game; I'm just here to make these polls.

I don't think they do...

[neutral]
[counterpick]

• [*]Battlefield
    [*]Final Destination
    [*]Smashville
    [*]Yoshi's Island
    [*]Lylat Cruise
    [*]Castle Siege
    [*]Halberd
    [*]Pokémon Stadium 1
    [*]Brinstar
    [*]Delfino
    [*]Frigate Orpheon

That's the stage list I constructed for the next portuguese national tournament. And I think that's pretty much the result we'll get if things go the way they are going now.

But yeah Utto, I think we can skip to the next subject. This one is headed for a clear overwhelming win. The faster, the better, imo.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
All right, then those stages will be discussed as well for good measure. I already made a poll for Luigi's Mansion just now, I'll leave this one open for just a few more days before proceding to Jungle Japes.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Yeah, there's no problem with speeding things up. I'd also like input on which other things we should vote on (like Dedede's infinite). Please send me a PM or mention it in the main ruleset topic.

Top Bottom