• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe release differences?

jalued

Smash Lord
does anyone know if the european release will have any slight changes to the american version of brawl? american had different voice actors than the japanese...but will us british get new voice actors? better online? different animation? anything watsoever for having to wait an extra 4 months?

thanks for all responses
jalued

Edds

Smash Ace
heard pokemon voices will change because its pokemon is 'suppose' to be big in germany .etc

WouW

Smash Lord
does anyone know if the european release will have any slight changes to the american version of brawl? american had different voice actors than the japanese...but will us british get new voice actors? better online? different animation? anything watsoever for having to wait an extra 4 months?

thanks for all responses
jalued
There will be German, French, Spanish and Italian Languages, some characters will have new voices (Wonder how Pit would sound), Pokémon and ATs will have new voices, and I think slight buffs and nerfs will be given to the characters. (Like in Melee, Yoshi and Bowser became heavier, Ganondorf's Fair was nerfed to nothingness, and more)

heard pokemon voices will change because its pokemon is 'suppose' to be big in germany .etc
Almost every Pokémon in French and German have different names, so they need different voices.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
...and I think slight buffs and nerfs will be given to the characters. (Like in melee...
no. because the game is played online so it has to be the same in europe as it is in the US or japan gameplay wise.

S2

Smash Lord
Minor tweaks maybe.

Major stuff? Probably not.

Remember that disc space is an issue when they have multiple languages and voice/sound files take up quite a bit of space.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Even though I'm in the States, I'm hoping for better Wi-Fi i.e. no lag with US to Europe. And no tripping. And to have Captain Falcon Melee knee back. (So easy to hit.)

heretic

Smash Rookie
***Possible Spoilers***

Oh, I'm also hoping for those 'extras' that where hidden in the game disk.

The topic about it is in General, you can find it yourself. I don't wish to bring spoilers here.

Edds

Smash Ace
***Possible Spoilers***

Oh, I'm also hoping for those 'extras' that where hidden in the game disk.

The topic about it is in General, you can find it yourself. I don't wish to bring spoilers here.
i really doubt that. they cant make any changes to the game if its online. if it was singleplayer only then it would be a chance like what happened for metal gear solid 3. europe release got extra content.

heretic

Smash Rookie
Yes, but the information needed for this is already on the disk, it wouldn't even require them to have anything new added.

Martham112

Smash Cadet
I think that there can't be any differences due to online. If there was they'd somehow have to patch everyone else's game, and I doubt that.

I was going to say something else but I've forgotten. Erm. I would like some singleplayer changes though. Maybe voices in Subspace or is that too much?

Tibarn

Smash Rookie
In light of this discussion about what voices etc. will be changed for Europe, I feel compelled to ask.....what will be changed for Australia? Seems like it'll be a 3 1/2 month wait for absolutely nothing for us. >.>

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Aren't there some minor balance changes between JPN and US Brawl? Here's hoping they do some fixes, otherwise good old Australia gets the royal shaft again.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Or maybe they'll actually make some sensible changes for better gameplay balance.

And increase hitstun while they're at it.

And make these changes automatically apply to all other games.

And maybe prove God's existence in the process or something.

Seriously? I'll be happy if they don't **** up the few voices they'll add. =P

Snail

Smash Lord
Did anyone find any differences yet?

I KNOW this game is in stores in Holland and Belgium so atleast a few people should know.
I think they took out Falco's dash-attack Up-Smash cancel thingy. I didn't manage to pull it off yet even though I constantly mashed up on the c-stick x_x

Frate

Smash Journeyman
Excuse the bump, but I played with a person with Mexico (I live in Sweden), and we could play together, so I doubt gameplay changes exist (since I can do some... let's say advanced techniques to prevent spoilers in PAL). If any, it's only sound and eventually graphics.

Wolfling

Smash Rookie
Can anyone confirm if the wi-fi is better (less lag) between pal version users (pal vs pal)? Compared to pal vs ntsc?
Just wanna be sure before I buy the pal version.

Snail

Smash Lord
Can anyone confirm if the wi-fi is better (less lag) between pal version users (pal vs pal)? Compared to pal vs ntsc?
Just wanna be sure before I buy the pal version.
Well obviously it's better if you're playing someone in Europe than someone from America simply because of the distance, but I don't think the servers are faster or anything.

Wolfling

Smash Rookie
Well obviously it's better if you're playing someone in Europe than someone from America simply because of the distance, but I don't think the servers are faster or anything.
I meant 2 players in the same region, does it make a difference if you both have pal versions?

Top Bottom