• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe listen.

Batch

Smash Rookie
Smashers.

I am english, I play smash and I'm fed up of the lack of activity in the UK.

In 2014, I will be hosting/organising tournaments, mainly in London. This will include Smash 4 once it is out, as well as melee and probably Project M. If you are interested in joining such an aim, then sign below and if anyone can gain sponsors etc. then that'll help greatly.

-Batch

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Batch there isn't lack of activity in the UK, we now have more active players then we have for a while and we have a lot of tournaments that cater for Melee, PM and Brawl in the next few months alone like:
Sweetspot part 1
Edalentines (or whatever Kone decides to call this one in his holiday series)
Smash Ain't Dead 3
and maybe a blastzone

Go get on the Smash UK facebook group and get yourself to a tournament

Aurareus

Smash Rookie
This is yet another reason we should all be using Smashboards and not the crappy Facebook group.

Just think how many potential UK players find Smashboards, see that there is almost no activity here from the UK and just assume the UK scene is mostly dead.
This forum is the first and likely only place people will find when they go looking for competitive smash, why don't we make sure they find it?

Kone

Smash Master
The next instalment in my public holiday series is EDentines Day in february (obviously callum).

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
There is actually a lot of activity in the UK so I'm not sure what you're talking about. There have been regular tournaments in London, small events in Brighton and Manchester (we also have regular smashfests in Manchester) and the midlands, and just recently, there's been a national tournament near Birmingham called Edmas

Batch

Smash Rookie
Good to see that people are actually active, scrolling through the boards made it seem like it was dead. I don't particularly like the idea of having it linked to facebook or whatever. I'll definitely be getting myself to some tournaments then.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Scene is very much alive, mostly on facebook though unfortunately, we try to post as much as possible on boards and will try and get people using boards again.

There is a big lineup coming for 2014 tournaments across all games

Top Bottom