• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EUnit Rankings

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
Something we don't know and that I'd be able to clarify, is:

- A list of the rankings of European countries has been done during the last years?

In the case that doesn't exist that llist, I can expose Spanish ranking. And I would offer to keep European rankings lists. By what I've read before, you have a Google Docs EUnit. If I have read correctly. Where is it, I have a couple of proposals, but before I'd like to know how you have raised it.

Thank you! :)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Several European countries keep power rankings. Bringing them together seems hard/unrealistic as many players never interact. If we get the blog going, we should at least try and update individual power rankings on there.

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
I think that we must not think realistically, realistic people has do not usually got great achievements.

I think it's possible to do, but we only have to make a very good system of work. We must find an efficient enough representative of each country, engaged in this recount.

Last edited:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
What I labeled unrealistic is an overarching ranking, not the collection of power rankings for each country. The SSBPD already showed that even a robust system like ELO is heavily influenced by quantity and we do not have a controlled championship series where everyone plays everyone. There isn't a "one size fits all" method to forcefully combine regions that don't really interact.

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
Another question about rankings:

I never understood how it be scores in Europe or in the rest of the world. Can someone tell me if it has followed a particular score order in Europe?

That way I can apply it to the Spanish ranking, we follow a different method and I would like to be able to adapt to yours.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
There are different systems all over the world. Most power rankings are simply done by panels of, say, 5 people. It is subjective, but those panels do have access to tournament results, who beat who etc. Other systems (like the UK) assign points for every tournament placement, but this has the drawback of heavily favouring quantity, though it's not necessarily a bad thing to encourage people to attend a lot.

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
In Spain we have a system like UK, but, but I guess that we will not measure points in the same way and with the same criteria, it would be nice that Europe would have a single system for all of us

Top Bottom