• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Just curious; which franchise(s) is Dragalia Lost closest to in the mainstream hierarchy? More simply, how mainstream is Dragalia Lost?
In my opinion, it’s between Fire Emblem and Kirby. It makes a lot more money than you’d think.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
i dont think its that big yet
Yeah, thinking about it, you’re right. Judging by the sales, and by just being realistic, I’d say it’s a little under Fire Emblem.
You also have to consider how easily accessible it is (in the us, sadly). Any Nintendo fan probably looks up ‘Nintendo’ on the app store because they want to see what their favorite video game company has to offer in mobile. And the second result is an article apple wrote on the game. Right after Nintendo Switch Online.
Most people will be intrigued by the new IP and check it out.
Plus, it’s already crossed with Fire Emblem and even Mega Man. I’m not saying it’s as big as Mega Man, but if something as huge as Mega Man decides to cross over with a 3rd party IP, you know it’s at least somewhat big.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, thinking about it, you’re right. Judging by the sales, and by just being realistic, I’d say it’s a little under Fire Emblem.
You also have to consider how easily accessible it is (in the us, sadly). Any Nintendo fan probably looks up ‘Nintendo’ on the app store because they want to see what their favorite video game company has to offer in mobile. And the second result is an article apple wrote on the game. Right after Nintendo Switch Online.
Most people will be intrigued by the new IP and check it out.
Plus, it’s already crossed with Fire Emblem and even Mega Man. I’m not saying it’s as big as Mega Man, but if something as huge as Mega Man decides to cross over with a 3rd party IP, you know it’s at least somewhat big.
im not saying its not big its just kirby and FE are among nintendo's biggest

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Just a head's up, we have a date for the next Interlude.

Time for an introduction to what's essentially gonna be the next book. Hopefully they make it build-up and save at least some of their good plot twists for the actual chapter this time.

Also, today's the last day of the Gala Remix. I got Mars from it, but am unsure if I should roll again for Cleo, as I wanna save up for anniversary & crossovers.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The new Interlude came out today. It mostly deals with the aftermath of Chapter 14, namely establishing who our next villain is and showing where all the siblings are now. Hard to say how much of this will play into Chapter 15, but hey, at least we know what to expect.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the interlude is interesting

so half the siblings know about eudens heritage and it would seem this new guy is the original 7th scion. either that or the euden from the other dimension changed a lot when he was possessed. emille is as dunce as ever, lets hope he doesnt burn the capitol to the ground while everyones busy

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So basically

The "2nd Euden" has his own name, the Fandom attacked Elly for no good reason (like come on, why would they make literally the 2nd unit you get be a traitor?), we have no idea whose side Chelle and Leonidas are on, and Emile's alive and the same narcissist he's always been. Like Fog said, let's hope he doesn't destroy everything by letting out an ancient evil or starting a killing game or something. Speaking of killing game...

The next event is basically Dragalia Lost X Danganronpa and I am VERY interested.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So basically

The "2nd Euden" has his own name, the Fandom attacked Elly for no good reason (like come on, why would they make literally the 2nd unit you get be a traitor?), we have no idea whose side Chelle and Leonidas are on, and Emile's alive and the same narcissist he's always been. Like Fog said, let's hope he doesn't destroy everything by letting out an ancient evil or starting a killing game or something. Speaking of killing game...
itll be interesting to see how it all pans out

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So basically

The next event is basically Dragalia Lost X Danganronpa and I am VERY interested.

I read that and thought there was an ACTUAL Danganronpa collab.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, it's August 1st, so a new This Month in Dragalia is available.

https://dragalialost.com/sp/en/news/detail/1494

Main takeaways are that we're getting a new Onslaught event, Chapter 15 is coming and will see Euden fighting "a certain sibling and dragon again", the Shadow Agito (named Tartarus) is coming, and most importantly, next month is the second year anniversary!

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Main takeaways are that we're getting a new Onslaught event, Chapter 15 is coming and will see Euden fighting "a certain sibling and dragon again", the Shadow Agito (named Tartarus) is coming, and most importantly, next month is the second year anniversary!
I first started playing the game on the 1st anniversary. Man, time flies...

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Damn, I remember preloading the game like it was yesterday.

You know, since the name of the Shadow Agito is called "Tartarus", I couldn't help but think about the names of the Light Agito Weapons. Tartarus is the name of the Greek prison of the titans. I mean we have Norse for Volk, Chinese for Kai Yan, Arthurian for Ciella and Japanese for Ayaha and Otoha. Considering the name, Greece is the next logical step, I'd say.

Sword: Harpe: A sword used by the hero Perseus to decapitate Medusa.
Blade: Themis: Named after the wielder of a sword that represents punishment.
Dagger: Ouranos: Named after the god who Kronos castrated with a sickle.
Axe: Athena: Based on the story of Zeus creating the goddess by having Hephaestus split his head open with an axe.
Lance: Achilles: Named after the spear-wielding hero of the Trojan Wars and a central character in the Iliad by Homer.
Bow: Apollo: Named after the wielder of a bow that shot sunlight.
Wand: Thyrsus: A wand carried by Dionysus, the god of wine.
Staff: Asclepius: Named after a god who is heavily associated with healing and medicine.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well better make sure im stocked up on items as ill probably have to make specific weapon again

wonder what theyve got planned for the anniversary

andree123

Smash Ace

So seeing as the September general direct is rumored to be coming, maybe we can see Euden announced as a playable fighter to celebrate DL's 2nd anniversary.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So the killing game happened, and

One of the biggest no u's in Nintendo history also happened. Much to nobody's surprise, the deaths were not permanent.

Also Okada did another one of his regular responses to player feedback. There's a bit in there, but what piques my interest is that they plan on making the 2nd Anniversary even bigger than the first. This can either mean something really good or really bad (and by really bad I mean something like a Feh Pass).

I bet it's Valyx. Emile's basically being comical relief and has no dragon. Phares has multiple dragons, and would undoubtedly be with Beren. Chelle and Leonidas have gone from full-blown enemies to neutral parties thanks to Eudens efforts, and their dragons are now Gala Dragons. Valyx, on the other hand, is still loyal to Dyrenell (further backed up by Patia & Mikoto's defense event), has a single dragon, whom we haven't had a good look at, and it would make sense, as it could build up to a Gala with said dragon summonable soon after.

So seeing as the September general direct is rumored to be coming, maybe we can see Euden announced as a playable fighter to celebrate DL's 2nd anniversary.
That actually has me wondering. If Euden were to get in, what kind of event do you think he would be revealed in? Would it be during a Dragalia Digest or during a Direct/Sakurai Presents like almost everyone else?

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
That actually has me wondering. If Euden were to get in, what kind of event do you think he would be revealed in? Would it be during a Dragalia Digest or during a Direct/Sakurai Presents like almost everyone else?
It will most likely be in a Direct/Sakurai Presents.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm not really a big fan of the prospect of gacha games getting into smash, but I'll make an exception for Dragalia Lost. Consider me a supporter

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If Euden got in and there was a collab event with Ultimate, which characters would you want in? Personally, I’d do the original 12 along with Master Hand and Crazy Hand as bosses.
12 might be pushing it seeing as how we only got one or two in other collab events. id say mario, link and kirby and the hands as bosses

Perkilator

Smash Legend

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well new chapter is out and I’d like to go on record saying

thor looks ridiculous and is bloody annoying to fight

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I wrote a trailer called Pactbound Once More.
Winds blow on a sunny plain, with blades clashing in the distance. :ultganondorf: crosses blades with a young boy in white clothing. The boy retaliates with several slashes, and then a Force Strike.

“So, you’re the so-called ‘King of Evil’.” says the boy.

Euden
Forges a Pact!

A gameplay montage then occurs, with Euden using several of his moves (some of which taking place on the Halidom stage), only to be launched away by a Warlock from :ultganondorf:. As :ultganondorf: runs in for the finishing blow, Euden’s eyes turn red, and the wind intensifies (which :ultganondorf: blocks with his arms). His Dragon Pulse quickening, a green aura surrounds him and he transforms into his pactbound dragon, Midgardsormr.

Midgardsormr
Tatters the Skies!

Another gameplay montage then occurs, with Midgardsormr using his own moveset (along with a clip of the Windwyrm on the Midgar stage). The gameplay then ends with their respective Final Smash being unleashed on :ultganondorf:.

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE x Dragalia Lost

@ 2018 Nintendo

Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Cygames, Inc.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well new chapter is out and I’d like to go on record saying

thor looks ridiculous and is bloody annoying to fight
Yeah that one attack where you have to hit him 180 times or get OHKO’d is really dumb. Also anyone else who uses English voices not get lines for either Ch 15 Valyx Fight? I’m not sure if they’re not there or if I accidentally hit the Voiceless download.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that one attack where you have to hit him 180 times or get OHKO’d is really dumb. Also anyone else who uses English voices not get lines for either Ch 15 Valyx Fight? I’m not sure if they’re not there or if I accidentally hit the Voiceless download.
doesnt help that all the shadow healers are waifu bait characters ive been avoiding using

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, the reveal went about as well as I expected. Still, I'm glad they don't seem to be dogpiling too much drama about it. Euden's friends don't care about his status, and now he's preparing to try and confront some other plot points, including whatever's going on at the Illian Church. On that note, Chapter 16 seems to involve another encounter with good ol' Leonidas, so we'll have to wait and see where that goes.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, thinking about it, after this chapter, that makes me wonder what the Agito are like without the masks. I mean, we know how they work with Valyx, after all. This also kinda makes me hopeful about the Agito being recruited at some point down the line or something.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
whelp finished chapter 15

that was about as basic a whole "look how powerful this new guys is/look how shocking this reveal is" story as you can get. there's too many bad guys in this story we need to start taking them down.

i wonder if leonadis will become playable in the next chapter

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know it's not much, but I wanted to share this:

https://youtu.be/UPgceG4gM8g (linked because it's largely off-topic: the first half is about the recent Lab Zero controversy)

He's a smaller Youtuber named The Quarter Guy, and he's mentioned his affection for Dragalia Lost in the past, even making a video about it to commemorate the 1-year anniversary. During the second half of the video where he answers fan-questions, he mentions wanting to add Euden to Smash as a new franchise. Admittedly, this is partially because he feels there should be a character to represent Nintendo's mobile market (he originally wanted Fjorm from FEH, but now FE has 8 characters, so he feels there's no point), but he's clearly passionate about the idea.

Top Bottom