• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Found this on Youtube yesterday, and thought it would be cool to show you guys here.

It has me thinking though. How would things be different if most Dragalia songs had eng lyrics in addition to or instead of Japanese?
I can't say, honestly. I don't exactly how translating Japanese music to English works. Do they keep it as faithful as possible, or do they update the lyrics to match the new audience?

By the way, I was talking with someone on the General Newcomer thread, and it got me wondering... what sort of gimmick would they give Euden? Admittedly, the nature of Dragalia Lost makes him a bit basic, but considering what happened with Hero and Byleth, I could see them giving Euden SOMETHING to set him apart.

(P.S. SAMation SAMation I think it's about time you updated the supporters list, if you don't mind).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
By the way, I was talking with someone on the General Newcomer thread, and it got me wondering... what sort of gimmick would they give Euden? Admittedly, the nature of Dragalia Lost makes him a bit basic, but considering what happened with Hero and Byleth, I could see them giving Euden SOMETHING to set him apart.
He could have the ability to transform into Midgardsormr, as detailed in this pic by Virtual Dojo:
87E47AA3-792F-4EA6-8B5F-AEB32D0B2CA9.jpeg

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We now know when the Chapter 12 Interlude will be added: March 22.

It looks like it's gonna involve Phares (because of course it is). By the way, when do you guys think the 1.5 Digest is gonna be? I knoe they've already started a login bonus, but I'm not exactly good with dates...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
We now know when the Chapter 12 Interlude will be added: March 22.

It looks like it's gonna involve Phares (because of course it is). By the way, when do you guys think the 1.5 Digest is gonna be? I knoe they've already started a login bonus, but I'm not exactly good with dates...
I'm curious about what this Interlude will contain with Phares.

As for the Digest, after crunching the numbers I believe it'll be next Wednesday. The first login bonus was yesterday, and the second one was today, so I believe it should come up by then.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Remember all those rumors about a Granblue Fantasy character getting into Smash? I'd rather have Euden if we have to get a mobile rep.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Good news, everyone! The date of the 1.5 Anniversery Digest has been revealed!

Also, um... I read through the interlude that was added and... no context spoiler: Audric has a LOT of explaining to do.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well the interlude

boy it feels like the story writers are over estimating the chock value of their twits, eudens adopted? thats it? thats what shook elly to her core? good grief. and this rate the shocker of the fifth sibling is gonna just be that he was evil and powerful so he was locked away which would just be kind of a let down. i hope we get rid of all these siblings that are just terrible people

GolisoPower

Smash Master
In regards to the Interlude:

I feel like there's more to Euden's adoption than that. Think about the name that was mentioned in the book: Finlorda. The way that name sounds familiar. Perhaps they're from Svenitla, where Viktor, Kirsty, Noelle, and Joachim come from. They also mention that this was some sort of agreement between nations, both with Alberia and one in North Grastaea. Which nation that is, we've no clue. In addition, let's talk about the Fifth Scion: that dark aura coming from the jail cell. The mention that someone's consciousness is being robbed. This leads me to believe that the Fifth Scion, whoever that might be, is actually brainwashed.

It's important to not take things at face value here, and think that that's all there is to it. There's still much we don't know about, just waiting for us to dig deeper.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In regards to the Interlude:

I feel like there's more to Euden's adoption than that. Think about the name that was mentioned in the book: Finlorda. The way that name sounds familiar. Perhaps they're from Svenitla, where Viktor, Kirsty, Noelle, and Joachim come from. They also mention that this was some sort of agreement between nations, both with Alberia and one in North Grastaea. Which nation that is, we've no clue. In addition, let's talk about the Fifth Scion: that dark aura coming from the jail cell. The mention that someone's consciousness is being robbed. This leads me to believe that the Fifth Scion, whoever that might be, is actually brainwashed.

It's important to not take things at face value here, and think that that's all there is to it. There's still much we don't know about, just waiting for us to dig deeper.
perhaps, personally im not gonna hold my breath for anything amazing

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Good news, everyone! The date of the 1.5 Anniversery Digest has been revealed!

Also, um... I read through the interlude that was added and... no context spoiler: Audric has a LOT of explaining to do.
Oh boy the hype is real and I can't wait to see what crossover they have in store for us this time.

As for the Interlude...

Oh man. The implications. The fact that everything Euden is is a flat out lie! It just leaves more questions than answers. For example, does Euden know about this? What will Euden's other allies think of it? How will Dyrenell use it against them? How does it interconnect with the North? What other lies does the Dyrenell/Alberian Family hold? If Euden isn't truly an Alberian royal, then why is he able to shapeshift? Does the incident have an effect on why Zethia was so willing to go through with the Other's plan at the beginning? So. Many. QUESTIONS!

...And I was caught off guard because I really expected Harle's document to involve number 5.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, that Digest had a lot to take in. Teasers for the next THREE chapters, a new Raid Event that seems to have some degree of story emphasis a la Fractured Futures, Gala Alex, and not only a rerun of the FEH crossover, but a SEQUAL to said crossover!?! I'll admit, I was worried they would announce a subscription service, but I'm happy to be wrong. :)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So a lot happened between the Digest and now. Scars of the Syndicate began, I didnt get any Gala adventurers with my free summons (but that's ok because I got Pipple), Crash took over Smashboards, a doggo took over Dragalia Lost,

Laranoa MIGHT be alive, depending on if events released between Ch 12 and 13 take place before or after the 2 chapters

Oh and who can forget... ARMS. (I am gladly eating my words about Byleth deconfirming Euden because "hurr durr there can only be one Nintendo rep")

And This Month in Dragalia Lost is gonna be posted in a few hours. And I'm just posting to say: They're gonna reveal Sharena as an adventurer. Mark my words.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
oh yeah i meant to bump this, im quite enjoying the event story

the bad guy in it (whos name could get him sued by the bbc) his appearance puts me in mind of oikawa from digimon adventure 02

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Also, I'm pretty sure they just casually confirmed that the Puppy is coming back as part of a new feature in a future update. You don't suppose they'll elaborate on that in This Month in Dragalia, do you?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Also, I'm pretty sure they just casually confirmed that the Puppy is coming back as part of a new feature in a future update. You don't suppose they'll elaborate on that in This Month in Dragalia, do you?
Not sure. Maybe, but I'd give it until at least the next Dragalia Digest. It's really clever tho: having an April Fools joke be a teaser to an actual feature coming down the line.

Speaking of This Month, NOW it's coming in just a few hours. NOW mark my words that Sharena's getting revealed.

Speaking of FEH Part 2, who do you guys expect/want to see?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Not sure. Maybe, but I'd give it until at least the next Dragalia Digest. It's really clever tho: having an April Fools joke be a teaser to an actual feature coming down the line.

Speaking of This Month, NOW it's coming in just a few hours. NOW mark my words that Sharena's getting revealed.

Speaking of FEH Part 2, who do you guys expect/want to see?
Sorry. I already marked your words the first time.

As for FEH 2, I could see Sharena, Eir, and Ike being added. Don't know if they'll add a fourth, though.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
New to Dragalia Lost, but so far I’ve loved it. I’m currently on chapter 2 / 4. It’s fun and addicting and cute all somehow at the same time. While there are some other characters I would enjoy seeing in Smash from Dragalia Lost, it’s undoubtable that if we were to ever get a Dragalia Lost character, it would be Euden. And that’s fine with me, as he’s a really fun character who would be great in Smash Bros! I’d make a moveset concept, but I’m not that far into the game so I wouldn’t have much to base it off of. Plus, I only ever get ideas if I’m incredibly bored. I probably will make a concept for palette swaps soon. Hoping he’s our first mobile game rep!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Sorry. I already marked your words the first time.

As for FEH 2, I could see Sharena, Eir, and Ike being added. Don't know if they'll add a fourth, though.
I agree on Sharena (Light Support(?) Lance) (tomorrow) and Eir (Shadow Attack Dagger). From there, I feel it's between Peony, Ike, Tiki and Loki for one or two more slots.

Peony (Light Support Wand?) is Book 4. Only reason I could see her NOT being added is Dev time issues, which is a real possibility, since Eir got shafted in favor of Fjorm last time.
Ike (Fire Attack Sword) is a huge fan favorite and is probably the second most well-known Lord, with the 1st being Ike Edit: I meant Marth.
Tiki (Fire Dragon) is their Go-To Dragon. She's even an Assist Trophy, so if there's any Dragon they add, it's probably her.
Loki (Shadow Healer) is a popular FEH Villain (mostly for the wrong reasons), and a recurring one at that. On top of that, she's already in Dragalia, just not playable. I'm sure many players have told the Dragalia Team that they'd find her inclusion in the playable roster "So Lovely".

Bonus Prediction: Thorr also appears as a non-playable character like Loki did the first time.

New to Dragalia Lost, but so far I’ve loved it. I’m currently on chapter 2 / 4. It’s fun and addicting and cute all somehow at the same time. While there are some other characters I would enjoy seeing in Smash from Dragalia Lost, it’s undoubtable that if we were to ever get a Dragalia Lost character, it would be Euden. And that’s fine with me, as he’s a really fun character who would be great in Smash Bros! I’d make a moveset concept, but I’m not that far into the game so I wouldn’t have much to base it off of. Plus, I only ever get ideas if I’m incredibly bored. I probably will make a concept for palette swaps soon. Hoping he’s our first mobile game rep!
Welcome to the Halidom! Glad to hear you like the game!

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, This Month in Dragalia released. Not much to this one, aside from one of the teased Agito bosses being added this month (they didn't say which) and that Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 was right and Sharena is the free FEH unit. Something caught my eye, though. They mentioned that they want to adjust the difficulty to take into account players who don't enjoy the "action" part of this action RPG. What do you guys think that means for the game?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, This Month in Dragalia released. Not much to this one, aside from one of the teased Agito bosses being added this month (they didn't say which) and that Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 was right and Sharena is the free FEH unit. Something caught my eye, though. They mentioned that they want to adjust the difficulty to take into account players who don't enjoy the "action" part of this action RPG. What do you guys think that means for the game?
theyre going to add in an easier difficulty so people can focus on the story

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
One thing I don’t like about the collab events is that you have to get 500 friendship points, and you don’t even start out in the 10’s and get to the 20’s. You have to start with 3. 3.
just use skip tickets on quests with low stamina itll go up real quick

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A recent datamime confirmed the 3 new characters for the FE30th event:
Ah, so we have 3 characters in Smash that are now in Dragalia Lost. I think that's great. Marth, Mega Man, and Chrom in the same team makes a near-complete all-Smash team. Just need one more and we'll be all set.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, speak of the devil:

Although I have to ask: why did they skip Eir?
NGL That was NOTTE how I expected those 3 slots to go. Not complaining, but man.

First-off, there's Peony. I know I said I thought Peony would be in, with her only obstacle being possible dev time. 1: I kind of thought that would bar her from getting in, like how we don't have (Xenoblade's) Rex in Smash and didn't have ARMS in Smash and 2: When I said I expected Peony, I thought we'd get her in addition to Eir. Not over her.

Then there's Chrom. Out of all the lords we could've got, I really wasn't expecting him. Ike was the OG Men's CYL winner and the second most well-known Lord, so I expected him to be the non-OC they added, if not Tiki. I guess at the end of the day, what Awakening did to revive the series outshone that.

Speaking of which, I am surprised Tiki's a Mym/Lathna-like adventurer, but it makes sense, so that way they could include both of her forms. Would've preferred her Adult form but when I heard "3 adventurers" I thought it was over for her because I couldn't see her holding any human weapon, but Cygames/Nintendo/IS disagreed [Edit: It doesn't look like she actually uses the dagger, so she's more like Mega Man], so I'm glad to see her in at all. Also glad to see her be a dagger unit that seems to stay in one place [Edit: the mega man thing].

I also wasn't expecting there to be more than 1 non-OC character, based on how last year emphasized on Heroes w/ 3/4 units.

Also Sharena really out there wanting Euden in Smash before any of us knew who either of them are

Is that because she is a villain, IDK?
She's not really tho.

She was an enemy general who was planted into Askr's army as a traitor. However, due to past memories of befriending and losing the alternate versions of Alfonse, Sharena and Kiran (the Player/Summoner), she never had the intention to turn on any of them. When the time came for her "betrayal", Eir actually saved the Askr team. IMO Veronica's more of a villain than her, and she's part of Euden's team.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm so at this point nintendo's made several mobile games of varying decency most of which were out before ultimate yet we only got one bit of music from all of them

of course it probably doesnt mean i thing but i was curious to see what other people thought

Perkilator

Smash Legend
hmm so at this point nintendo's made several mobile games of varying decency most of which were out before ultimate yet we only got one bit of music from all of them

of course it probably doesnt mean i thing but i was curious to see what other people thought
I mean, in Dragalia’s case, most of the music is under some serious copyright trouble.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I mean, in Dragalia’s case, most of the music is under some serious copyright trouble.
On a scale of SNK to Final Fantasy, how bad are we talking here? I mean, it can't be that hard to get Dragalia Lost music in Smash since Nintendo's the co-owner of that franchise, right?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
On a scale of SNK to Final Fantasy, how bad are we talking here? I mean, it can't be that hard to get Dragalia Lost music in Smash since Nintendo's the co-owner of that franchise, right?
Music was provided by Japanese singer DAOKO, who’s currently under contract with Toy’s Factory. And lots of vocal songs were copyright struck with the copyright label belonging to Toys Factory, Inc.

TL;DR About Final Fantasy, to my memory.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Music was provided by Japanese singer DAOKO, who’s currently under contract with Toy’s Factory. And lots of vocal songs were copyright struck with the copyright label belonging to Toys Factory, Inc.

Thankfully, not every song has gotten the Strike. Those songs should be easier to use.

Unfortunately, that means we probably won't get Zodiark's theme...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

tl;dr?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Thankfully, not every song has gotten the Strike. Those songs should be easier to use.

Unfortunately, that means we probably won't get Zodiark's theme...
I have noticed that certain remixes of songs are copyright struck aren't struck because they have significant enough differences, such as the Notte's Slumber Shot Version of Crasher AKA Greatwyrm Showdown and the Fractured Futures Phase 2 Version of Zodiark's Theme (maybe. I saw one version struck, the other not). Maaaaaybe we could scrounge by by having those songs be remixes different enough to be "Nintendo" owned?

Stands for "Too Long; Didn't Read"

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
ah, thing about FF perkilator, is that there was never any official reason given, so its just a big mystery
Wasn't the FF music thing a total morass in and of itself?

I mean, in terms of Square music, I can understand Dragon Quest with the controversial Koichi Sugiyama, but isn't Nobuo Uematsu strict about that too? I think I remember seeing something about the FF7 music being a copyright farrago and a half.

Top Bottom