• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Played this on launch, thought it looked tacky and uninstalled.

Went back to it a couple weeks ago for the Mega Man crossover that's happening later and now I can't stop playing. It's pretty much everything I want in a gacha. Stamina is abundant, rates are pretty high in comparison to other gacha, devs are constantly giving out free items as well as free tenfolds, the gameplay is engaging enough where I actually prefer to play manually over auto if I have the time which I can't say for most other gacha/mobage I've dropped. I actually ended up liking the characters in the story which I wasn't expecting because generally I'm apathetic towards them. Euden I didn't like much at first but I changed my mind on that.
At the end of chapter 5 Euden didn't put up with the conditions the lightwyrm made (Battle to the death with his brother Emile, winner gets to form the pact with the lightwyrm) and after beating his brother, he refuses to kill him. Euden then says if the lightwyrm won't form a pact with him when he has shown he is clearly the stronger of the two then he'd form a pact with the wyrm by force.

After that I'd be mad if he didn't make it into Smash eventually. Hopefully as DLC for Ultimate or as part of the base roster of Smash 6. Please put me down as a supporter.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Played this on launch, thought it looked tacky and uninstalled.
Went back to it a couple weeks ago for the Mega Man crossover that's happening later and now I can't stop playing. It's pretty much everything I want in a gacha. Stamina is abundant, rates are pretty high in comparison to other gacha, devs are constantly giving out free items as well as free tenfolds, the gameplay is engaging enough where I actually prefer to play manually over auto if I have the time which I can't say for most other gacha/mobage I've dropped. I actually ended up liking the characters in the story which I wasn't expecting because generally I'm apathetic towards them. Euden I didn't like much at first but I changed my mind on that. At the end of chapter 5 Euden didn't put up with the conditions the lightwyrm made (Battle to the death with his brother Emile, winner gets to form the pact with the lightwyrm) and after beating his brother, he refuses to kill him. Euden then says if the lightwyrm won't form a pact with him when he has shown he is clearly the stronger of the two then he'd form a pact with the wyrm by force.

After that I'd be mad if he didn't make it into Smash eventually. Hopefully as DLC for Ultimate or as part of the base roster of Smash 6. Please put me down as a supporter.
err maybe consider spoiler alerts for other users

Last edited:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
err maybe consider spoiler alerts for other users
Sorry, I was caught up in something else and was in a rush so I forgot. Not an excuse for me, I really hope no one read that before getting to that point. Do you mind putting a spoiler on my quote in your reply?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, I was caught up in something else and was in a rush so I forgot. Not an excuse for me, I really hope no one read that before getting to that point. Do you mind putting a spoiler on my quote in your reply?
thats it done

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, since the new "This Month in Dragalia Lost" came out, I decided to list off the details it discussed here, so that we can have something to talk about. Please note I'll be using a Spoiler tab, for those who'd rather be surprised.

• Mega Man crossover details - For starters, there won't be a Summon Showcase during the event, meaning that the only Mega Man character you can get is Mega Man himself. However, you can get him for free just by playing the event. He's a Wand user in the game, but he plays differently from a typical Wand user, such as being able to launch rapid shots. Also, he can temporarily switch to different weapons for a limited time. He can use his Charge Shot as his Focus Strike, he Slides instead of rolling, his death animation is the same as in his games, and instead of turning into a Dragon, he summons Rush to ride on. Don't worry, they'll release a video explaining how he works. There will also be event-specific weapons that allow anyone to use the Charge Shot, and wyrmprints that can make up one large image. Finally, there will be both new arrangements of Mega Man music, as well as the classic arrangements.
  • November events - Right now, we're having a rerun of the Accursed Archives event, but we're also having a new event at the same time: Stirring Shadows. As part of this, the current Summon Showcase will add Akasha and Hastur to the summoning pool. After this event ends, we'll be getting a rerun of the Kindness and Captivity event, which now has the Raid Boost system introduced in the Fractured Futures event, albeit adjusted based on player feedback. There will be new adventurers added during this event, but we'll have to wait and see who it is. Also, there'll be a Double Drop during Imperial Onslaught, Qitian Dasheng and Barbary will make their Astral Raid debuts, and we'll be getting new Void Bosses.
  • New difficulty levels in Advanced Dragon Trials - Soon, master difficulty levels for High Mercury and High Zodiark will be added. After that, the current Master difficulty available will change on a daily basis. Additionally, new weapons for these difficultys will be added, something that the Mercurial Gauntlet will update to accordingly. They'll be adjusting what is needed for these weapons as time goes on.
  • Future updates - The home screen will be updated to include a Quests button as part of the in-game footer, making it easier to get there from other screens. Also, you'll be able to change JUST the appearance of weapons, which will be noted accordingly in multiplayer. The new batch of bosses announced in the Dragalia Digest will be added, being even harder than the High Dragons. Finally, they'll be adjusting the game balance to accomodate for all these chsnges.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So Terry came out a few days ago, and I'm wondering; If Euden got into Smash, what other characters would be included? Who would be in his moveset, who would be an Assist Trophy (if there was one), and who would be a stage cameo?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So Terry came out a few days ago, and I'm wondering; If Euden got into Smash, what other characters would be included? Who would be in his moveset, who would be an Assist Trophy (if there was one), and who would be a stage cameo?
I've had a weird idea where one of Euden's attacks has him summoning Notte and having her fire out those crystals (or whatever they were, I can't remember) from the Notte's Slumber Shot minigame they had on April Fool's Day. I doubt they'd do that, but it would be a nice reference.

As for stage cameos, it depends on how they go about it. If they just use the models from the original game, then they could include as many as they wanted. However, if they decide to remake the models to better fit Smash, we may be a bit limited. Either way, I expect at least the other main characters (Zethia, Notte, Elisanne, Ranzal, Cleo, Luca, Mym, and Alex) and some of the more popular characters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Rate Their Chances is currently doing a day for a Dragalia Lost rep, for anyone who wants to participate.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Rate Their Chances is currently doing a day for a Dragalia Lost rep, for anyone who wants to participate.
DL isn't being received very well at all because of the fact that it's a gacha mobile game, which are known for being predatory corporate practices. Is it bad that I kinda agree with them? I know DL is very lenient with Wyrmite and Summon Vouchers, but if you let Euden in, who knows what greedy companies with their equally greedy mobile game practices can get in as well?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
DL isn't being received very well at all because of the fact that it's a gacha mobile game, which are known for being predatory corporate practices. Is it bad that I kinda agree with them? I know DL is very lenient with Wyrmite and Summon Vouchers, but if you let Euden in, who knows what greedy companies with their equally greedy mobile game practices can get in as well?
As a person who’s had it since last year, I’d say Dragalia Lost is one of the more generous gacha games. I mean, take a look at the dev gifts.

“Oh, you people are experiencing a bug that majorly impacts the game? Boom, we’ve fixed it, here’s enough Wyrmite for a Tenfold Summon.”

“Oh ye gods, another one?! Blammo, fixed that too, here’s a free Tenfold Ticket!”

It feels like Cygames is spoiling us rotten with these gifts, not that I’m complaining.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
As a person who’s had it since last year, I’d say Dragalia Lost is one of the more generous gacha games. I mean, take a look at the dev gifts.

“Oh, you people are experiencing a bug that majorly impacts the game? Boom, we’ve fixed it, here’s enough Wyrmite for a Tenfold Summon.”

“Oh ye gods, another one?! Blammo, fixed that too, here’s a free Tenfold Ticket!”

It feels like Cygames is spoiling us rotten with these gifts, not that I’m complaining.
I'm not denying that, i've been playing since day 1 and have a ton of wyrmite that im saving for a rainy day. It's just that if Euden were to get in, wouldn't it open the flood gates for other mobile games that are LESS charitable and more ruthless, as mobile games are known for?

There's no disagreement on whether or not Dragalia's the exception to the "greedy mobile game" rule. Using the argument against Dragalia specifically is like calling Bandana Dee a "Goomba with a Hat", in that it shows no knowledge from outsiders. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm more worried about other mobile games that are, again, far more greedy.

Don't get me wrong, I still want Euden (he's my 3rd most wanted, even with deconfirmations), but I'm wondering if it's worth it or not just because of its future implications.

Do I have a point or is it just me being paranoid?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well a key difference is euden is partly owned by nintendo, and just cause a company licences a character to smash doesnt mean they can enforce their own practices on to it, also any character getting into smash doesnt open the gate for anyone that just has never been the case

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
They've finally released gameplay of Mega Man in Dragalia Lost. Admittedly, it looks like their mostly referencing Mega Man 2, but apparently that's the most popular one (I've never played the games), so it's understandable.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
They've finally released gameplay of Mega Man in Dragalia Lost. Admittedly, it looks like their mostly referencing Mega Man 2, but apparently that's the most popular one (I've never played the games), so it's understandable.

I'm pretty sure Mega Man 2 is the game that put Mega Man on the map. Assuming I'm right, it would explain why Mega Man's representation in Smash is MM2 heavy as well.

Also that shot of Mega Man and Euden standing on the Halidom tower just like the Mega Man 2 title screen is pretty cool IMO

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

I played this game on the Legacy Collection for Switch, and I can confirm; it's the most popular one indeed, and for good reason. The game's SOOOO GOOD.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's the start of the month, so we have another update on the future of the game.

*December Events-During the second week of December, they'll be reviving the Dragonyule event. This will include raising the facility's level cap, a new difficulty for the boss, and new Dragonyule-themed adventurers and dragons, similar to the Halloween revival. Also, Thanatos and Chronos (original, not Chronos Nyx) will make their Astral Raid debuts. Finally, Chapter 11 will be released on the 15th, and will focus on Luca and a group of androids who oppose Euden. Whether or not this means Gala Luca is coming, we'll have to wait and see.
*Future Updates-The new boss mode is called "The Agito Uprising", and will feature a new set of bosses that are more humanoid than the previous bosses. Also, certain adventurers will be able to unlock a sixth Mana Circle. Certain Void Bosses will recieve an Expert difficulty, and the Shop UI will be recieving an update.
*Future Game Balance-Although not much is said on the matter, the developers are working to make more adventurers viable for high-difficulty content, whether it be through the sixth Mana Circle or through general game updates.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So Mega Man: Chaos Protocol has come and gone, but there's a mysterious countdown on the Mega Man section of the site labeled "NEW INFORMATION INCOMING". Some would argue that it was a placeholder, since it may have been before Mega Man ended, but what I'd like to point out is that it's going down instead of going up or being stuck at zero. The countdown is scheduled to end on Christmas Eve at approximately 7:00PM PST/10:00 PM EST.

If I were to take a guess as to what it is, I'd guess that maybe it's more information about the December update (Agito Uprising and 6th Mana Circle/who's getting them), but who knows? It could be a banner, it could be nothing, it could be a whole Dragalia Digest. What do you guys think it might be? Imagine if by some miracle it's Euden as Fighter 5? That would make me lose my mind in the best way possible

PS: Posting on behalf of C chocolatejr9 who can't post about it due to double posting rules

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
well whatever it is i do hope the story picks up a little
Chapter 11 (kind of in conjunction with Mega Man) was a nice change of pace, IMO, having the story include androids/robots. However I do feel that the game has been going too heavy on the revivals lately. After all, we haven't gotten any real story since Lurking Shadows, and that was all that came after Fractured Futures. Were you talking about those or the main story in particular?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chapter 11 (kind of in conjunction with Mega Man) was a nice change of pace, IMO, having the story include androids/robots. However I do feel that the game has been going too heavy on the revivals lately. After all, we haven't gotten any real story since Lurking Shadows, and that was all that came after Fractured Futures. Were you talking about those or the main story in particular?
the main one (still havent finished chapter 11) gave up on following the even stories, didnt like the way you had to do certainly things over and over to get all of it

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, there are plans to make all past events playable at any time, so this doesn't seem like it will be a problem for much longer. Plus, they'll be releasing a new chapter every two months now, apparently, with the months without chapters getting some kind of side story content, that'll expand upon the main story.

On that note, I think I know what one of those side stories will be: namely, what happened to Emile? It was implied he was killed by Laxi, but we didn't actually see his death onscreen, so it's a bit hard to say.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, there are plans to make all past events playable at any time, so this doesn't seem like it will be a problem for much longer. Plus, they'll be releasing a new chapter every two months now, apparently, with the months without chapters getting some kind of side story content, that'll expand upon the main story.

On that note, I think I know what one of those side stories will be: namely, what happened to Emile? It was implied he was killed by Laxi, but we didn't actually see his death onscreen, so it's a bit hard to say.
Hasn't it been two months per story chapter been a pattern since launch and it was just confirmed to be intentional? Although I am looking forward to seeing the side stories and more importantly, the past events in one place. Hopefully it means we get back to new events with new stories instead of complete rehashes with new banners. I wonder what will happen to Astral Bosses once that rolls out tho

Edit: WE GOT A DIGEST INCOMING THIS IS NOTTE A DRILL! I REPEAT THIS IS NOTTE A DRILL

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Welp, we just got our next crossover, and it's with Monster Hunter of all things, complete with ally Rathalos. Now, I know I'm grasping at straws here, but that's three franchises already represented in Smash that have crossed over with Dragalia Lost. Someone at Nintendo HAS to be aware of the game's success, right? Right?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Welp, we just got our next crossover, and it's with Monster Hunter of all things, complete with ally Rathalos. Now, I know I'm grasping at straws here, but that's three franchises already represented in Smash that have crossed over with Dragalia Lost. Someone at Nintendo HAS to be aware of the game's success, right? Right?
Yeah, Euden’s got a big shot now. Kinda makes the Classic Mode I made for him kinda hilarious in hindsight, because Rathalos was the boss there.

Speaking of which, do you guys think this MH event will be a raid event? Because I for one want to do battle with the Deviljho as a raid boss! Not to mention the fact that they announced Rathalos as a recruitable dragon so early raises some flags.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
another nintendo x monster hunter crossover? geez how many is that now? lets see the was mario and luigi costumes in that one mh game, there was the furniture and villager in animal crossing happy designer and welcome amiibo, the rathalos in smash and now this? someone at nintendo must really like those games

did i miss any

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Happy New Year, everyone. Since it's the first of the month, you all know what that means...

*New Year event-A Clawful Caper, the current event, is the newest Raid event since Fractured Futures. The various adventurers released all have various quirks that make them viable in certain situations. Also, various New Year events are going on to celebrate.
*Monster Hunter-This event will have a story and summon showcase, with one of the Adventurers being Berserker in Rathalos armor. Also, the event will include a boss battle involving the Barrel Bomb L item, though I've never played MH, so I don't know what that means.
*January plans-The Flames of Reflection event is coming back, and the Facility will have an increased level cap to go along with it. Also, the side story content is actually some sort of expansion to Chapter 11. Both will come mid-January. Chapter 12 is coming in February.
*Mana Spiral-Sometime in January, more shadow-attuned Adventurers will recieve a Mana Spiral.
*Japanese Voices-Because of the amount of 5-star units coming and the increased emphasis on the main story, future 5-star units will not have their Adventurer Stories fully voiced in Japanese. This does not apply to Gala units.
*Next Update-The next update will be released late January. Not much detail is given, but it'll apparently make playing the game easier.
*2020 plans-Currently, they are working on a schedule that will allow them to release one new event every month, as they want to put more emphasis on the events. The encycolepedia and ability to replay past events are being worked on, but are taking longer than expected. Also, they hope to show off future plans for the game on the 1.5 Anniversery in March, like last year.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So I got some bad news.

Astral Chain has been deconfirmed just a while ago with a new Spirit Board event. This is the first big deconfirmation for Nintendo franchises not already in Smash, and I doubt they'd stop there. The only major omissions from the Spirit board now are FEH, FE3H and Dragalia. I could easily see a spirit board deconfirming Euden as early as next week thanks to the 2 Tourney, 2 Spirit Board pattern we've been seeing. It would probably just be Euden (or if they really wanna humiliate DL fans, "The Prince"), Zethia, Midgardsormr and Notte.

TL;DR Astral Chain's spirit board increases the chances of Dragalia Lost and Euden suffering the same fate.

Edit: Byleth (congratulations to Byleth and any Byleth fans) has officially taken the Nintendo promotional rep slot. Sorry, Team Euden, but it's basically over at this point. Maybe we'll have a chance next game if Dragalia Lost is still going, but for Ultimate, it's a lost cause.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I got some bad news.

Astral Chain has been deconfirmed just a while ago with a new Spirit Board event. This is the first big deconfirmation for Nintendo franchises not already in Smash, and I doubt they'd stop there. The only major omissions from the Spirit board now are FEH, FE3H and Dragalia. I could easily see a spirit board deconfirming Euden as early as next week thanks to the 2 Tourney, 2 Spirit Board pattern we've been seeing. It would probably just be Euden (or if they really wanna humiliate DL fans, "The Prince"), Zethia, Midgardsormr and Notte.

TL;DR Astral Chain's spirit board increases the chances of Dragalia Lost and Euden suffering the same fate.

Edit: Byleth (congratulations to Byleth and any Byleth fans) has officially taken the Nintendo promotional rep slot. Sorry, Team Euden, but it's basically over at this point. Maybe we'll have a chance next game if Dragalia Lost is still going, but for Ultimate, it's a lost cause.
I wouldn't say Euden's chances are dead. Mobile games have a way of staying relevant over long periods of time. Plus, the fact that it's STILL absent from Ultimate despite being a new IP is suspicious. Granted, I don't think he's as likely, but I wouldn't shut him down just yet.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
After the not-so pleasant Smash stuff from last month, here’s February’s Edition of This Month in Dragalia Lost (on behalf of C chocolatejr9 )!

Also, Part 2 of the Monster Hunter banner has been revealed!

Anything in particular pop out at you guys?
First, we need to address the elephant in the room: this year's Valentine's event is basically a dating sim and I am okay with that.

Jokes aside, I'm curious which of the royal siblings will be getting the backstory treatment. Phares had some explaination related to his wyrmscale in the Chapter 11 interlude, so he could suddenly get a major role in the story. Still, we only know about Leonidas and Chelle being in the next chapter, so it'll probably be one of them.

Also, since we're on the topic of crossover events in the game, what are some other games that could show up? I heae a lot of requests for Persona 5, but that could be because everybody wants Persona 5 in everything.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I have some good news and bad news. The bad news is that, in a recent interview, Sakurai admitted that he was aware that there were too many swordfighters in Smash, and we all know what Euden's main weapon is. The good news is that he also reconfirmed that Nintendo were the ones picking the fighters, and that he would make sure that whatever character they picked for him would be fun to play as. Exactly HOW this affects Euden's chances is hard to say, but with three crossovers under its belt, Dragalia Lost has to be on SOMEBODY'S mind...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I have some good news and bad news. The bad news is that, in a recent interview, Sakurai admitted that he was aware that there were too many swordfighters in Smash, and we all know what Euden's main weapon is. The good news is that he also reconfirmed that Nintendo were the ones picking the fighters, and that he would make sure that whatever character they picked for him would be fun to play as. Exactly HOW this affects Euden's chances is hard to say, but with three crossovers under its belt, Dragalia Lost has to be on SOMEBODY'S mind...
thats assuming hes not making stuff up to try and get the fans off his back

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
First, we need to address the elephant in the room: this year's Valentine's event is basically a dating sim and I am okay with that.
I think the crazy part here is that there’s gonna be THIRTY adventurers that will have stories. There were only 6 stories in the first two runs, with a total of 8 characters, and now they’re increasing it to 30?! Even if most of those 30 don’t have multi-parts like the originals did, that’s crazy. I also like it when they add new things to old events like this and Stirring Shadows for The Accursed Archives, since it gives veteran players more to do than “Here we go. Doing THIS again”.

Also, since we're on the topic of crossover events in the game, what are some other games that could show up? I heae a lot of requests for Persona 5, but that could be because everybody wants Persona 5 in everything.
Some other crossovers I’d love to see (most of them are unrealistic, but then again we got Mega Man) are Kirby, P5 (idk why it’d just feel cool and was an idea I had between FEH and Mega Man), if we're continuing with the Capcom trend, I'd love to see an Ace Attorney crossover (Wright meets Pheonix joke? lol), and two that are absolutely impossible that both have to do with Smash. The first is Shantae, because of how much I want her in Smash (although I’d be lying if I didn’t say I at least partially wanted a Kirby crossover for the possibility of Bandana Dee being playable in it too). The second is actually Smash Bros itself. I’m not just talking about Euden in Smash, but an actual Smash-themed event with fighters appearing as adventurers and dragons.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think the crazy part here is that there’s gonna be THIRTY adventurers that will have stories. There were only 6 stories in the first two runs, with a total of 8 characters, and now they’re increasing it to 30?! Even if most of those 30 don’t have multi-parts like the originals did, that’s crazy. I also like it when they add new things to old events like this and Stirring Shadows for The Accursed Archives, since it gives veteran players more to do than “Here we go. Doing THIS again”.

Some other crossovers I’d love to see (most of them are unrealistic, but then again we got Mega Man) are Kirby, P5 (idk why it’d just feel cool and was an idea I had between FEH and Mega Man), if we're continuing with the Capcom trend, I'd love to see an Ace Attorney crossover (Wright meets Pheonix joke? lol), and two that are absolutely impossible that both have to do with Smash. The first is Shantae, because of how much I want her in Smash (although I’d be lying if I didn’t say I at least partially wanted a Kirby crossover for the possibility of Bandana Dee being playable in it too). The second is actually Smash Bros itself. I’m not just talking about Euden in Smash, but an actual Smash-themed event with fighters appearing as adventurers and dragons.
I could see a Smash crossover happening to commemorate Euden's inclusion. Kinda like one of those "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" situations. It would be a good excuse to bring back previous collab characters, at least.

Also, Perkilator Perkilator , sorry to randomly mention you, but I noticed that you were showing off a "dream Fighters Pass" with Euden on it. Would you be interested in being a supporter? I don't think the thread owner has been active lately, but we're always looking for more members.

Top Bottom