• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Ricochet Odyssey - Game over! What awaits at the end of the Labyrinth...?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
:158:------------:158:----------------:158:----------------:158:-----------------:158:--:158:
---:158:---------:158:-------------:158:-:158:---------------:158:-------------:158:---:158:
----:158:------:158:-------------:158:----:158:-----------------:158:--------:158:-----:158:
------:158:---:158:------------:158:---------:158:-----------------:158:---:158:-------:158:
---------:158:-----------------:158::158::158::158:--------------------:158:-----------:158:
---------:158:----------------:158:--------------:158:-------------------:158:---------- :158:
---------:158:---------------:158:----------------:158:------------------:158:
---------:158:-------------:158:--------------------:158:----------------:158:-----------:158:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
congrats Pokechu and GLG.

I really screwed up when I thought hood circle would stop the ninja attack, not realizing that it wouldn't block the ninja super skill. Total game ender right there. xD

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nabe really carried the hydra. I couldn’t see it, but his hydra muscles are likely worn out beyond belief. Eat some protein and get a good night’s sleep for optimal GAINZ.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Also I just finished a replay of 999/Virtue's Last Reward and now I want to make a Zero Escape themed Ricochet with secrets and twists and turns.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Did you know I had enough tp for a shield rush or was it More of a guess
As I was going back through the thread, I realized that I overlooked this question. Yes, I did know that you had enough TP for a Shield Rush. You only used your Protector once on Phase 5 where you and Pokechu coordinated an attack on Bard. You left the Protector dormant for a while until the end-endgame, where you realized that with my self-shots, you would need to find a way to pierce my reflection. Pokechu I knew already had enough, and I knew you were scrapping for TP to use for yourself. You two are smart players; you realized that only one Shield Rush would scare me into CPR-ing myself, so you had to finish the job all at once. I was surprised actually why it took you two so gosh darn long to actually Shield Rush and kill me.

But in the end, that was the way things had to go...

I'm tOtAlLy NoT ShOoTiNg SeLf...
By saying this, I managed to bait you both into shooting air so that I could shoot Pokechu for one damage. That way, his Royal Veil would be disabled so that I could actually start to chip his damage down. This phase, as well as the few phases surrounding it, went flawless for me, which is what got me so hyped up. But then I started to get cocky...

Oh yeah Pokechu Pokechu I can hit you now. :184:
I will say, the Stonard was a pretty good purchase.
This wasn't the cocky bit; this was me trying to play with you guys again. I was trying to make it seem like I was going to go all out on Pokechu without shooting-self. That this would be my "one big move". I even told Pokechu in DMs that I was going to "go out with a bang". By doing all this, I was trying to playfully punch you all, trying to get a reaction, get you two angry that I had a step up on you. Of course, the cocky bit was when I thought you were going to do the predictable. That you were going to shoot me normally. That is what I planned on, even though I wrote down that you both had a Shield Rush ready. So, I shot self, expecting a normal shot from at least Pokechu.

I couldn't have consciously CPRed and felt good about it; I realized that 3.5 HP would be the highest I'd have for the rest of the game. The CPR comes when I'm desperate, and I found myself to be in too good of a position to save myself (of course I got nervous and tried to switch, but it was too little too late; the action was already submitted)

If I wanted to win, I would need to have shot self on Phase 22. This would have inflicted 0.5 HP on Pokechu from the rebound if he shot me, which would put him at 2/9. Which is exactly where I needed him, because I could use either my Harbinger or my Dark Hunter to do the poisoning attack (I had TP for both classes). This would deal the 2 HP I needed, consume the nectar, and leave Pokechu with 1 HP remaining while poisoned.

And of course I had two more uses of CPR in case things went wonky. But "nothing could go wrong here", except for being teamed up on by every remaining player that could deal a guaranteed 4 damage whenever they wanted to. If Pokechu shot me on Phase 22, I am 95% sure I would have won the game if GLG wanted to.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If all went to plan and I successfully antagonized Pokechu into doing exactly what I wanted him to, I would have had 6 Dark Hunter TP (which would effectively let me use any of its moves once. That desperate, yet I still had options.), 4 Harbinger TP (which is just the poisoning move), and 8 Medic TP (which is two CPRs to really piss you off). But of course, another way to deal damage to me when you're mad at me is to team up with GLG to double Shield Rush. Y'all are luckily that I didn't CPR on the last phase.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Trust me, if Pokechu got down to 2/9 HP, I would have plenty of ways to kill him and get away with it. CPR is pretty helpful, and your endgame was super easy to predict and map out.
i had a theracia so the poison couldn't kill me, and i also had a nectar which acted as a cpr

and if you killed me i know my husband would mop the floor with you XOXO love you giraffe

he'd never sit on a throne with the murderer of his lover xoxo Embarrass if endgame was super easy to predict then how come you lost EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass

im getting my sobble on you once gen 8 hits... if he sees you in the playground he will teach you a lesson...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
i had a theracia so the poison couldn't kill me, and i also had a nectar which acted as a cpr
Oh yeah, that was YOU who bought the theracia. The nectar I knew about, which is why I needed your Royal Veil off me so I could activate it.
If I wanted to win, I would need to have shot self on Phase 22. This would have inflicted 0.5 HP on Pokechu from the rebound if he shot me, which would put him at 2/9. Which is exactly where I needed him, because I could use either my Harbinger or my Dark Hunter to do the poisoning attack (I had TP for both classes). This would deal the 2 HP I needed, consume the nectar, and leave Pokechu with 1 HP remaining while poisoned.
The poisoning ability does 1 damage and 1 poison-damage off the bat, so you already go from 2/9 to 0/9. The nectar gets activated, and you go to 1/9 HP. From there, you heal yourself with the theracia, but I mean that doesn't matter too much because you are still nectarless at 1 HP.

and if you killed me i know my husband would mop the floor with you XOXO love you giraffe
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun If I were to have killed Pokechu in that wicked twist of fate, not only would it have been the best Ricochet play in the history of Ricochet plays, would you have truced with me?

if endgame was super easy to predict then how come you lost EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass
I got cocky and didn't want to save myself at my maximum health level when I needed to deal 0.5 HP to an angry Pokechu.

im getting my sobble on you once gen 8 hits... if he sees you in the playground he will teach you a lesson...
Haha, that's where you're wrong kiddo. Grookey is going to be the best Gen 8 starter, and I'm already a fully-evolved Grookey main in Smash 6. Come at me love.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
the phase before you first started cpr-ing, I had sent in a shield rush. that would've killed you but I think giraffe or moy said something that made me change it, I think it was opting for early phase results? IDK

but my sobble will definitely slaughter you.... he is not to be made a joke of.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
the phase before you first started cpr-ing, I had sent in a shield rush.
You're right, a shield rush when I was still at low health and my hopes in the game were borderline non-existent would have killed me. I realized though that you weren't super assuring when talking to me, so I realized that I'd just CPR and hope Pokechu doesn't betray me.

But then I was awakened.

but my sobble will definitely slaughter you.... he is not to be made a joke of.
FINEEEEE. Sobble is the SECOND best starter behind Grookey.

Top Bottom