• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
no actually I stand by what I said and stick my grounds on this one. I missed out on Day 3 completely in reading (it was the only day I did) but my dude, just chill some lol. I don't even think you're a one-dimensional player or anything else; I just think chill pills can be good. I'm having a hard time communicating exactly what set me off but it wasn't the fact that you were scumreading me. just remember; we already have ryker.

we don't need another ryker.

also frankly, this was part of my problem and laundry's problem too. I was trying to emulate what I pulled in PyP and saw Laundry do it so I figured to go ahead. it didn't pan out for either of us.
I don't understand your criticism, I just said at no point did this game ever make my blood pressure spike ergo I was never angry. At best? Annoyed. That's gonna happen though

I got my kicks mocking Laundry though, that made me laugh and feel better about my hubris

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow
Really nice avatar you got there
Yours is looking pretty good too. ;p

I really like this art, and these two look really well together. I think they're staying up for a while.
I was kinda hoping Joey would be lynched earlier so the Ronin would be out of the game and I could use this sooner, but oh well

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I don't understand your criticism, I just said at no point did this game ever make my blood pressure spike ergo I was never angry. At best? Annoyed. That's gonna happen though

I got my kicks mocking Laundry though, that made me laugh and feel better about my hubris
others will be better at pointing out exactly what I have a problem with since others have played with you longer. For me it's a tone thing that struck a chord. Let me phrase it this way: Ryker was gunning for me harder than you were but Ryker was also more willing to have a back and forth with me than you were. (and keep in mind, ryker was scum!)

I know you probably think I'm on about nothing, but tone can be huge - this isn't just a you critique but advice that everyone can take. If Town is bickering at other Town, they're not going to win the game no matter how correct their reads are. Red Ryu was correct on Nabe, Disfunk had Nabe and Joey pegged, and Z25 and Kantrip had Joey. None of that mattered because town refused to cooperate with each other at this last phase (The biggest players in attempt were Z25 and Disfunk probs). If Town was at least willing to settle down on one lynch in Mylo, we wouldn't have seen the game end this way. I think we can all agree on that.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

others will be better at pointing out exactly what I have a problem with since others have played with you longer. For me it's a tone thing that struck a chord. Let me phrase it this way: Ryker was gunning for me harder than you were but Ryker was also more willing to have a back and forth with me than you were. (and keep in mind, ryker was scum!)
You replaced out before we could talk lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
also EBWOP: I don't think vanilla setups are a problem but I think it's getting clear that people are a bit burned out of wall fiesta. I argued that Star Wars Mafia was a little bit too far random, but I think now we've seen the other end of the extreme burnout

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I was kinda hoping Nabe would be lynched earlier so the Ronin would be out of the game and I could use this sooner, but oh well
But I was Gunner. I remember, because someone said 'gunning for you' or something to that effect, and I was really disappointed that I didn't manage to claim Gunner in time to make the funny.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Can we truce to never wall incessantly like that again? I think walls are good if you need to make a greater point but there was too much vying for attention, and I unfortunately fell for it too. There wasn't enough moments where people were hashing things out

It was stressful honestly
I hate walls. I avoid them when possible.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But I was Gunner. I remember, because someone said 'gunning for you' or something to that effect, and I was really disappointed that I didn't manage to claim Gunner in time to make the funny.
you saw nothing, I totally didn't just edit my post to fix that right before you posted

I blame everyone else for flooding my inbox with a million alerts and confusing me

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Funny, I was already thinking of doing one at some point (or an EO-themed Ricochet game since that's the hot new thing around here), and @Shishœ had some ideas of his own for one too. Maybe we can team up. Or just run three separate games. Or team up and run three separate games. :p

we'll get everyone obsessed with these games eventually, just you lot wait
Look up Overswarm's Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia. I think I could make something similar with Etrian Odyssey that's a lot more PR reliant while still remaining balanced and fun, but I hate running games, so I would never want to work on one of those set-ups alone.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Still I won't deny scum played well.

Ryker's AtE angry responses to soup are when I started townreading him, for the record. A little grimy but it's a fair play when all the townies were doing it. I'm just hurt by the hypocrisy since Ryker is a big proponent of the sanctity of mafia and hates scum who use AtE the way he did in this game. I'm impressed he decided to go with townreading me after our large conversation when rereading me and then pushing my lynch was probably the easier play that put him at less risk. However, that convo didnt make me think he was town which is why he was still my preferred lynch in the Day 2 nomination phase. Oh if only Laundry was on board, bet we wouldve got Z25 and Pokechu as well, at the very least. Oh well. After soup's lynch I basically trusted Ryker and started leaning more and more to Laundry scum of the two of them so I did get played in the end.

I just realized Nabe and Joey were the only ones defending me Day 1. I had the whole scumteam backing me, damn. Nabe lurked exactly as much as he needed to, and even if he was in danger by the end of the game he hadnt connected himself to his mates at all. He had disconnected himself from my slot and Ryu's slot and we might have had a shot from PoE had we lynched him, but I doubt it. Not much to say here honestly. He wasn't townie, but it turned out lurking and being null was enough with how paranoid town got and we all just ate each other and left him alone.

Joey played super townie in the beginning. Everything he said made sense and his Z25 push was logical. I didn't have problems with his switching off of it to Shish until late game when I looked back again with Joeyscum in mind. I think last phase I was coming around to him being scum more and more but it was too little too late at that point. I don't think the wall on Z25 was particularly compelling but Z25's responses weren't doing him any favours either and even if it didn't get Z25 lynched it served the purpose of clogging up the thread and definitely kept people talking about lynching Z25. Well played.

Not gonna comment on the townies too much. Disfunk you played great. Pokechu dont take your lynch personally, I really wanted to be alive to piece the game together but I dont claim to think Im better than you or anything. You're solid. Z25, your reads at certain points were good and dont get discouraged by people saying negative stuff about you. None of it is personal, but I think the reasons you got scumread were valid this game. It's all good tho.

Good game everyone.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't settle. You settled on Pokechu, you settled on Soup, you didn't do anything about Shishoe. If you generally thought all 3 of those were town at the time you made those votes (on the first two)/didn't do anything for the FE/Shishoe push, you were actively detracting from your faction's chances of winning by getting rid of players that you think are townie.

You also gotta learn to find reasoning in the game and stick to it unless you're reconsidering the read. Using your past experiences is fine in your own personal logic, but if you have to post that in the thread as 4 different paragraphs to get your read across, maybe you should reconsider where you're going. EX: Your post about having Nabe godfather against the wall still had nothing to do with your scum read on Laundry. You were feeding me ammo dude, and I would have taken that as town or scum because it comes across as really fake.
See this is good feedback.

I can agree and I think you right with how I should better go about things. So thank you. One thing I’ve been thinking over is to just stick to my guns when voting regardless of the popular. Because while that could be manipulated, it’s easier and can have people pick up on someone who may target me in future for something like that.

Honestly it feels better to just stick to my guns regardless of the outcome.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Let's start discussion on the next game in the sign-up and queue thread. Should probably move over there so it's not a mess here.

Still I won't deny scum played well.

Ryker's AtE angry responses to soup are when I started townreading him, for the record. A little grimy but it's a fair play when all the townies were doing it. I'm just hurt by the hypocrisy since Ryker is a big proponent of the sanctity of mafia and hates scum who use AtE the way he did in this game. I'm impressed he decided to go with townreading me after our large conversation when rereading me and then pushing my lynch was probably the easier play that put him at less risk. However, that convo didnt make me think he was town which is why he was still my preferred lynch in the Day 2 nomination phase. Oh if only Laundry was on board, bet we wouldve got Z25 and Pokechu as well, at the very least. Oh well. After soup's lynch I basically trusted Ryker and started leaning more and more to Laundry scum of the two of them so I did get played in the end.

I just realized Nabe and Joey were the only ones defending me Day 1. I had the whole scumteam backing me, damn. Nabe lurked exactly as much as he needed to, and even if he was in danger by the end of the game he hadnt connected himself to his mates at all. He had disconnected himself from my slot and Ryu's slot and we might have had a shot from PoE had we lynched him, but I doubt it. Not much to say here honestly. He wasn't townie, but it turned out lurking and being null was enough with how paranoid town got and we all just ate each other and left him alone.

Joey played super townie in the beginning. Everything he said made sense and his Z25 push was logical. I didn't have problems with his switching off of it to Shish until late game when I looked back again with Joeyscum in mind. I think last phase I was coming around to him being scum more and more but it was too little too late at that point. I don't think the wall on Z25 was particularly compelling but Z25's responses weren't doing him any favours either and even if it didn't get Z25 lynched it served the purpose of clogging up the thread and definitely kept people talking about lynching Z25. Well played.

Not gonna comment on the townies too much. Disfunk you played great. Pokechu dont take your lynch personally, I really wanted to be alive to piece the game together but I dont claim to think Im better than you or anything. You're solid. Z25, your reads at certain points were good and dont get discouraged by people saying negative stuff about you. None of it is personal, but I think the reasons you got scumread were valid this game. It's all good tho.

Good game everyone.
okay i agree on this except Nabe actually even admitted himself that he played a toxic game lol. Joey and Ryker did well yeah.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
See this is good feedback.

I can agree and I think you right with how I should better go about things. So thank you. One thing I’ve been thinking over is to just stick to my guns when voting regardless of the popular. Because while that could be manipulated, it’s easier and can have people pick up on someone who may target me in future for something like that.

Honestly it feels better to just stick to my guns regardless of the outcome.
Yeah as long as you're open about the idea of change if given a strong reason to do so (ex: your transition from scum Kantrip to town Kantrip) and communicating while you do it, sticking to your guns isn't bad at all imo. I think it's much better than voting the lynch target last minute and trying to push it as more than it is.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shoutouts

Pokechu Pokechu - You're the kind of player I DESPISE playing Mafia with. Don't take that personally. I did enjoy interacting with you and your commentary in the dead QT. I think you should DEFINITELY not have been the lynch, but I was scum, so I took it when I could. Stand up for yourself some more, you goon.

Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal - I think you played very well. I do think suicide pacts are a dumb display of bravado, but I've done it before. It's not actually that bad. You were the one I think had the best chance of uniting this town. If you had been able to be more active for the first two phases you played in, maybe things would've gone differently.

Kantrip Kantrip - Damn, it was impossible to get you to just ****ing let me have a townread. Much like Disfunk, I think your play was pretty solid and that town needed to see more of you to win the game. I would shower you with praise, but I don't think you actually need it. I think you understand how the game went.

S Soup - You little ****. I love you to death. Please don't do the AtE thing again. I don't intend to. I want to do more stuff with you outside of mafia. I've missed you.

#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry - You look like you suffered from latching on to any port in a storm because you didn't have enough time to lay anchor yourself. Don't play if you're not gonna have a lot more time, imo. I think you would've been fine if you could've been in thread more and that the hate on your play is based in an ideal world where you do nothing but play mafia.

@Shishoe - Didn't really get to interact. Your avatar was cute though.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - It has been too long. Do stuff with me outside of mafia. Kind of like Kantrip and Disfunk, I needed to see more of you if you wanted town to win. You weren't actually that far off and I think you would've got there if you had been able to push your way into more discourse.

@#HBC | Joey - I love you. It's always a pleasure to hang out and I think you played the early game spectacularly. If anything I blundered at the beginning and you managed to make my interactions with you not stick to either of us.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe - Man, it has been so long. I love that you managed to get away with lurking as long as you did. I really valued your input on nominations. I greatly enjoy your company.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Agree with Joey. Z25 reassessing his scumread on me was good. Z25 backing off at deadlines and agreeing to vote someone he townread is the thing to be steadfast about, I think.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
General comments.

I really wanted to play a more vanilla set-up with the newblood. I find it's the best way to get across a lot of how I play mafia and get a feel for how other people approach the game. I'm glad I played. I think I'm going to butt heads with a lot of people, especially Z25 and Shishoe. If you ever feel like you hate me, I'm sorry for that. I play this game because I enjoy conflict. I like trying to resolve things like this and no matter what happens in thread, I never take anything personal out of it. I said it when I started playing and I'll say it again. If I offend you, let me know and I'll try to work on it.

I may stick around if there's a lot of short deadline games that aren't too ******* modded. I value game balance a lot and I know a lot of people who act generally like this new crew like crazy stuff. I dunno, we'll find out.

If anyone wants to try and get better, I'd LOVE to talk with newer players. I love this game even if I don't normally have this much time to play. Interacting with newer players is one of my favorite pastimes.

Again, big thanks to Moydow Moydow for hosting. I greatly enjoyed an EO game. I just wish I had rolled town.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Obviously the real reason town lost is because the Protector died so early, and if you lose your tank class in an EO game that early things are not going to end well

("Paladin" = the Japanese name of the Protector)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
One more general note:

Cut that **** out when it comes to posts like "You'll all be sorry when I'm dead!" That's a quick way to make sure I am not sorry you are dead regardless of your flip. It introduces WIFOM that makes you look bad.

In general, it's a ploy utilized when you don't actually have a good reason to stop people from lynching you.

I feel Z25 isn't the only person I see who thinks about things from their perspective. My limited interaction with Shishoe felt like that as well. Say things that matter to the other guy. Just because you know you'll flip town doesn't mean I can take it for granted, so do something with that instead of trying to guilt trip me. I got into fights with my mother in high school about that kinda garbage. If it can get me in a shouting match with my mother, it certainly won't earn you points.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh, I figured I should just say these words:

I don't think I'm as right of a fit to be playing Mafia these days necessarily. It's not from some hatred of the game (though I enjoy hosting WAY MORE than playing - I think you can all tell from how I made a VANILLA RICOCHET GAME FUN) it's just because it's a big time commitment for me and I'd rather give back more to the community. Nomination Mafia is fun but I think I'd like it better in a 7 player setup, similar to what Soup said. I'll probably be more cautious now about what I do and don't join now that I'm more self-aware of this.

okay now that I got that out of the way

DGamers and NZoners, I still enjoy each and every one of you and I hope you all keep improving and enjoying these games. I know that as long as you all are willing to try things, Mafia and not Mafia, I'll be here to host and do the best I can (and consult people about their setups. Sorry I've been bad it's been busy @Shishœ and Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel ) <3

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

We need a DGames discord or something for everyone to chill, I pretty much spend my time playing 64 or CS:GO/Tf2 with my friends and chatting

Also just finding it funny how Ryker forced to me to taste my own medicine, the ironing is REAL

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
General comments.

I really wanted to play a more vanilla set-up with the newblood. I find it's the best way to get across a lot of how I play mafia and get a feel for how other people approach the game. I'm glad I played. I think I'm going to butt heads with a lot of people, especially Z25 and Shishoe. If you ever feel like you hate me, I'm sorry for that. I play this game because I enjoy conflict. I like trying to resolve things like this and no matter what happens in thread, I never take anything personal out of it. I said it when I started playing and I'll say it again. If I offend you, let me know and I'll try to work on it.

I may stick around if there's a lot of short deadline games that aren't too ******* modded. I value game balance a lot and I know a lot of people who act generally like this new crew like crazy stuff. I dunno, we'll find out.

If anyone wants to try and get better, I'd LOVE to talk with newer players. I love this game even if I don't normally have this much time to play. Interacting with newer players is one of my favorite pastimes.

Again, big thanks to Moydow Moydow for hosting. I greatly enjoyed an EO game. I just wish I had rolled town.
The outcome may have upset me but I don’t hate you. It’s just s game

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
guys when you dont know what the **** is going on in a game just lynch nabe and call it a day. that **** usually works. im completely serious

BarDulL

Town Vampire
"Man, what a fun day at the office. I mean, sure, Bitcoin is down, stocks are down, and the Town is down in Moydow's mafia game, but Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Nothing will stop me from enjoying myself these next 5 days. Speaking of which, let's check Smashboards and see how things are goi-"

*sees 40+ notifications*
*notices most of them are from the scum team liking comments in the spoiler PM*

I haven't even read the thread yet and I know this is not going to be good LMAO

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The problem here is my facts but also that the scum was made of some of the biggest ddgames players.

I could have been Jesus out here preaching and it wouldn’t change that no one would lynch any of you except nabe.

There was no good way to better phrase any arguments because you all didn’t allow. Which is great play wise but it’s not excuse to say I’m ****. There was nothing I could do.

In fact I want you to legitimately tell me how you would get all three of you lynched. Based on your posts and power of control.
Oh, I just saw this.

In reality, Ryker was the power player in our team. I know you wouldn't know this, but when I played, I was actually considered to be pretty trash. I was "alright" as scum because I could emulate my town play pretty well (ex Day 1), but sucked as town because I sat on people for being antagonistic and could never grasp what made individuals scummy + I let my emotions control me through games. I don't recall if I ever got better about it or not by the time I left smashboards. Like I said, I relate a lot to the idea of having no impact on a game.

I made myself pretty easy to lynch this game by the time you really got into me. You really were on the right track, it was your best push imo. If you came at it earlier instead of focusing on Laundry, I think you could have pulled it off with more accurate/developed reasoning than what you provided near the end. The general feel you had of the read was pretty right. If we didn't have the tie vote, the combination of you, Disfunk, and Kantrip would have gotten me lynched. I think ex: focusing on how consistent I was with pushing my narrative instead of trying to find inconsistencies in my play would have helped convincing others here, but everyone reaches reads based on different conclusions.

I can't help with Ryker. His play was scummy, but I don't think I would catch that. I have no confidence in myself as a player, so I can't confidently give you what I'd do with Ryker scum in that scenario when I'm town. He really did win us the game. Hardly anyone was scum reading him by the end for a good reason imo.

Nabe was an easy lynch, but part of him playing that way was to last just long enough, so not much to say there.

Edit: wording made me think it was directed at all of us but just realized it was probably just directed at Ryker. RIP

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, I just saw this.

In reality, Ryker was the power player in our team. I know you wouldn't know this, but when I played, I was actually considered to be pretty trash. I was "alright" as scum because I could emulate my town play pretty well (ex Day 1), but sucked as town because I sat on people for being antagonistic and could never grasp what made individuals scummy + I let my emotions control me through games. I don't recall if I ever got better about it or not by the time I left smashboards. Like I said, I relate a lot to the idea of having no impact on a game.

I made myself pretty easy to lynch this game by the time you really got into me. You really were on the right track, it was your best push imo. If you came at it earlier instead of focusing on Laundry, I think you could have pulled it off with more accurate/developed reasoning than what you provided near the end. The general feel you had of the read was pretty right. If we didn't have the tie vote, the combination of you, Disfunk, and Kantrip would have gotten me lynched. I think ex: focusing on how consistent I was with pushing my narrative instead of trying to find inconsistencies in my play would have helped convincing others here, but everyone reaches reads based on different conclusions.

I can't help with Ryker. His play was scummy, but I don't think I would catch that. I have no confidence in myself as a player, so I can't confidently give you what I'd do with Ryker scum in that scenario when I'm town. He really did win us the game. Hardly anyone was scum reading him by the end for a good reason imo.

Nabe was an easy lynch, but part of him playing that way was to last just long enough, so not much to say there.

Edit: wording made me think it was directed at all of us but just realized it was probably just directed at Ryker. RIP
Well it was mainly Ryker but I don’t mind input from any other scum team memebers.

I don’t think you played badly by any means. Like I said al game you were like a middle man for the scum. Making up for nabes lack of content but not as much as the big scum leader who I thought was laundry but it was Ryker.

You definitely had people on your side for awhile and having ryker helped for sure.

Ryker was definitely the power player but I think you could do pretty fine on your own from what I’ve seen.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Laundry and Ryker should just stick to being a hydra if theyre gonna play like one anyway imo. Super frustrating to try to get thread control when they back each other, and it would be fine if one of them wasnt scum.

I think this game was so frustrating because every townie that got pressured used AtE and/or threatened to replace out or self vote, and every townie that didnt get pressured got their voice drowned out.

I am gonna continue to be salty that we lynched obvtown Pokechu when scum was in the pool with my vote on them and it just kept happening where I was universally townread with no one willing to listen to me. And I know this happened to other townies too.
I know it was too late but I was 100% ready to back you this phase and onward. I mentioned in my pm that I was taking you and Z to end game.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Something I've seen in here or in one of the conversations (I don't remember which) was that Z could be reasonable pushed as a lynch at any time -- I had a lot of hesitation supporting Z because of this. I knew he was town early on and I knew I wanted to give him a chance he's often been denied in other games but I debated whether or not it was more detrimental to leave, what was a question mark to so many, in the game for so long.

I'm happy with my decision but I think I'd face similar hesitation if I found myself in the same position with a controversial slot in a different game.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'll let this be my shout out. GG's all around
Also, no one asked for it, but my 2 cents -- This game has been my favorite since I came back to the site. I've only played in 3 but I've spectated I think 4 others and this one has been the most engaging, among the most active, and the evenest. The set-up has caused the game to go in directions I couldn't

I'm also very happy with the final roster. There are some really great players in this and I feel that I've learned a lot. I mentioned in Giraffe's game that I historically haven't been a fan of vanilla games but that game and this one have turned that around for me. I actually played in one dgames game hosted by Red Ryu several years ago and never looked back because I was just that disengaged. (It wasn't you Red, I just wasn't feeling both the vanilla and the week long days :laugh:). This might be my last game for a bit until I'm more confident in my ability to regularly commit, though sitting out might be hard if the next game is another setup like this (maybe hydra?), I am overall having a great experience.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
i agree on this except Nabe actually even admitted himself that he played a toxic game lol. Joey and Ryker did well yeah.
I mean, once it became clear what shape my play was going to take this game (probably when Ryker started posting) I think I rocked that look. Toxic was a joke from me, but I did want to acknowledge that it might not be the most fun to play with for everyone involved. The posts I did make mostly reflected my real views, it was very fun for me.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Last thing, @bravado -- Me for Joey was not a serious offer. It was an example to demonstrate my idea. When called out on the stupidity of the sacrificing myself, I realized that I never made it clear. I also realized that I couldn't backtrack at that point and doubled down and supported it. Despite not being serious, I felt confident in two things:
1) If the Joey lynch went through, he would flip scum
2) If he did not flip scum, the subsequent lynch was unlikely to hit scum (I thought it'd be me or Z)

So it felt like a no drawback decision.

I don't plan to make a habit of such plays but I'm not afraid to do it again.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Okay, so I've been busy, but I'm finally here.

That tie double kill hurts my soul, LOL! It is what it is. Read the rules!

More importantly though: is Mafia a game that can be played without toxicity? I think the answer is yes, at least I hope it is. I understand that it is easy to get upset when people find us suspicious, especially if they're using reasons we can't agree with. It can be easy to get annoyed when the ball isn't rolling the way we want it to. There's a little :059: in all of us :awesome:. It can also be easy for scum to get annoyed when players use AtE/self-voting to prevent their lynch; scum ideally want to retain and keep as many lynch options on the table as possible.

Re: the Ryker situation, it is clear as day to me that Ryker was trying to undermine Soup's presence in order to secure the lynch. In response to Soup's self-vote and perceived AtE, Ryker "blew up" in response with AtE of his own.

In general we should try to avoid AtE, sometimes though it just comes out which I totally get. Classic example is when people team up against your slot and you're just like "wtf why are you guys doing this" and then you scum read them and it becomes a mess, especially with all the undermining that happens in these games. Not sure how to deal with this except that people just need to take a break from the game when they're under suspicion and want to lash out at how wrong the situation is to them.

I apologize for doing that, truly, but I took a gamble to be townread
That's all well and good, but you need to understand that it is incredibly easy to interpret this action as you just throwing in the towel and giving up as either alignment, I personally thought you were scum giving up at first. In general just don't do it.

Only thing I don't appreciate is being told I'm exploding or having a meltdown, like guys I'm 24 now you think a Mafia game is gonna spike my blood pressure? The only thing that can do that is how I ****ing owe for College lmao
I had fun regardless, though I do wish that people wouldn't instill past behavior unto me, moreso I wish I wouldn't fall back on it due to familiar faces
It's annoying when someone is saying you are prone to behavior based on information from many, many years ago, when you feel their statements aren't truly representative of who you are today.

That said, I think you understand what it's like being on the other end, so I'm not going to put you on blast for it. Just remember it for next time when you start thinking about saying something like that.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well it was mainly Ryker but I don’t mind input from any other scum team memebers.

I don’t think you played badly by any means. Like I said al game you were like a middle man for the scum. Making up for nabes lack of content but not as much as the big scum leader who I thought was laundry but it was Ryker.

You definitely had people on your side for awhile and having ryker helped for sure.

Ryker was definitely the power player but I think you could do pretty fine on your own from what I’ve seen.
I would get the three of us lynched by playing much better in earlier phases.

I can give you an entire essay on how to convince people of things. It's what I do and also WHY I had so much control as scum.

I don't know that you want that entire dissertation though. I will gladly talk about it with you on discord or something. There's a few clear cut mistakes you made I can highlight for you if nothing else.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I would get the three of us lynched by playing much better in earlier phases.

I can give you an entire essay on how to convince people of things. It's what I do and also WHY I had so much control as scum.

I don't know that you want that entire dissertation though. I will gladly talk about it with you on discord or something. There's a few clear cut mistakes you made I can highlight for you if nothing else.
You should get into sales. I sure as **** wouldn’t buy a used car from you but I know everyone else not in the loop would LOL

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ryker decades from now after a career built on convincing people to buy “lucrative and promising” penny stocks:

Last edited:
Top Bottom