• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think 11 is the sweetspot (9 phases if it goes to the wire feels optimal) but if you want to hasten the game while including the most players, 10/4 with the dayvig shortens the game to 11 phases while the inclusion of the dayvig doesn't impact town's total MLs before losing.

:186:

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
dayvig also clears the player who claims it and has inherent swinginess in the fact that we don't know how long they last

I prefer the setup in its pure form

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'll leave my personal suggestion here before I head off to bed, I support whatever ends up being rolled with.

Standard format but could last 11 day phases.

Game Start: 9 - 4

Day 1: Mislynch (8 - 4)
Day 2: Mafia nominates the 3 peeps to die. Mislynch occurs. (7 - 4)
Day 3: Mislynch (6 - 4)
Day 4: Mafia nominates the 3 peeps to die. Mislynch occurs (5 - 4)
Day 5: Mafia is lynched. (5 - 3)
Day 6: Mafia nominates the 3 peeps to die. Mislynch occurs. 4 - 3
Day 7: Mafia lynched. 4 - 2
Day 8: Mafia nominates 3 people to die. Mislynch occurs. (3 - 2)
Day 9: Mafia lynched. (3 - 1)
Day 10: Mafia nominates 3 people to die. Mislynch occurs. (2 - 1)
Day 11: LyLo

Addendum: Scum have the option, once per game on an even phase, to have two people die in the nomination (the two most voted players). The longest case scenario would be:

Game Start: 10 - 4

Day 1: Mislynch (9 - 4)
Day 2: Mafia nominates the 3 peeps to die. Mislynch occurs. (8 - 4)
Day 3: Mislynch (7 - 4)
Day 4: Mafia nominates the 3 peeps to die. Two of the three peeps die from ability use. (5 - 4)
Day 5: Mafia is lynched. (5 - 3)
Day 6: Mafia nominates the 3 peeps to die. Mislynch occurs. 4 - 3
Day 7: Mafia lynched. 4 - 2
Day 8: Mafia nominates 3 people to die. Mislynch occurs. (3 - 2)
Day 9: Mafia lynched. (3 - 1)
Day 10: Mafia nominates 3 people to die. Mislynch occurs. (2 - 1)
Day 11: LyLo

In a worst case scenario, game runs at potentially 2 more day phases as opposed to an [8 - 3] variant but allows more people to participate.

But yeah since the roster is at 11 already, don't see why it couldn't be 8 - 3. Up to the fam bam.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
dayvig also clears the player who claims it and has inherent swinginess in the fact that we don't know how long they last

I prefer the setup in its pure form
I was assuming mafia dayvig rather than town and didn't include that possibility but, yes, add that to the list of problems that town dayvig would represent. Also it just sucks to get shot and this is a fun game where that may potentially not happen to people.

Kantrip

Kantplay
so what im hearing is the playerlist is full and role pms are going out as soon as moydow wakes up?

sweet

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
We're at 12 people now, so I'll leave signups open for another few hours in case anyone else wants in and work from there, but if not I think I'll just run the standard 11 player setup and any signups past 11 can go down as replacements if they want.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If Disfunkshunal wants to play, I can be a replacement and just follow along. Assuming we don't get to 15 of course.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
We're at 13 now. Going to bed so I'll leave signups open until tomorrow morning. If we get to 15 then great, if not, at least we've got a few replacements to work with.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
BarDulL BarDulL Got a WCS for that for Town? Scum is obviously 4 lynches but they can control that

Anyways, I think double lynches could be fun but I think we're better off probably running this at 11.
I have absolutely no idea what a WCS is. :V

The more mislynches the Town has, the more town-sided the game becomes (obviously, getting more chances to lynch scum is better for Town). It's the general consensus that 3 mislynches is the most balanced format. It's kind of like how the competitive Smash community decides how many stocks people should play with. 4 just feels right for Melee, for example.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I have absolutely no idea what a WCS is. :V

The more mislynches the Town has, the more town-sided the game becomes (obviously, getting more chances to lynch scum is better for Town). It's the general consensus that 3 mislynches is the most balanced format. It's kind of like how the competitive Smash community decides how many stocks people should play with. 4 just feels right for Melee, for example.
worst case scenario

like what happens if Town manages to mislynch every phase

scum is a bit more easy to clear out, though, since it's nomination mafia the lynch isn't quite as crystal clear for that

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I mean, if Town mislynches 5 phases in a row (3 normal phases and 2 nominations), it's gg. That would be the worst case scenario for Town (assuming 9 - 4 or 8 - 3 for example) because the 3rd nomination should normally be a guaranteed Town death which would end the game automatically.

For Scum, the worst case scenario would be Town lynching correctly every normal phase while scum are also getting lynched in nomination phases after nominating themselves (game would end after 4 phases).

I am more or less equating nominations to night kills, which sounds weird at first, but scum is actively constricting lynch targets to a few and their intent is generally to ensure a Townie dies (unless they bus one of their own, etc). It's not really an "authentic" mislynch per se during a nomination phase.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
It's a much harder thing for scum than a nightkill, though, because they have to pick three players to be read by rather than one, and there's a Day phase going on around them the whole time, rather than their choices being read after the fact.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
All role PMs have been sent out! You're welcome to confirm in the thread if you wish.

The game will start tomorrow (10th November) at 10pm UTC.
(8pm BRST, 5pm EST, 2pm PST, I dunno what other timezones we have here)

this is the only time in the game I'll get to use "town at night" music, rip

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
From the roots of Yggdrasil the world is born, and born anew.
These woodlands have grown here for millennia, defended by the creatures they give life to.
The trees grow tall, the water flows free and untainted. It may be enough to set you at ease.
... But do not be deceived, new travellers. Such tranquility is but a façade.
The moment you let your guard down in the Labyrinth... will be the moment of your doom.

1st Stratum - Waterfall Wood

----------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the 1st Stratum (Day 1)!

The deadline is 48 hours from now (10pm UTC, November 12th).

In 24 hours (10pm UTC, November 11th), majority lynch comes into effect. With 11 players alive, if a player reaches 6 votes after this point, they will be lynched immediately and the phase will end.

@Shishœ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Dooms Dooms Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry Pokechu Pokechu Z25 Z25 Kantrip Kantrip #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
From the roots of Yggdrasil the world is born, and born anew.
These woodlands have grown here for millennia, defended by the creatures they give life to.
The trees grow tall, the water flows free and untainted. It may be enough to set you at ease.
... But do not be deceived, new travellers. Such tranquility is but a façade.
The moment you let your guard down in the Labyrinth... will be the moment of your doom.

1st Stratum - Waterfall Wood

Welcome to the 1st Stratum (Day 1)!

The deadline is 48 hours from now (10pm UTC, November 12th).

In 24 hours (10pm UTC, November 11th), majority lynch comes into effect. With 11 players alive, if a player reaches 6 votes after this point, they will be lynched immediately and the phase will end.

@Shishœ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Dooms Dooms Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry Pokechu Pokechu Z25 Z25 Kantrip Kantrip #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Thanks for the tag! Lost track of the start time.

I’ll be out the next few hours if anyone else is looking for me in discussions so I probably won’t be able to respond right away.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
random dot org said ryker so rvs here we go

Vote: Ryker

Now to get the hell out of RVS.
That being said I don't feel I understand how this posts gets us any closer to getting out of RVS, or why it's a bad thing

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm a member of the Hardbody Crew!
I'm a townie and a good one too!
First with the vote in the morning,
Lynchin' the same ol' scum!

Hunt for the Indy, find the Cop with a crumb,
Carry the game sorting dumb from the scum.
Bring your Mason partner, they will never trouble you,
Make them a member of the Hardbody Crew!

Vote: Ryker

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ryker is at a BBTag tournament today btw. Not sure if he'll be around before tomorrow.

Vote: Shishoe

I don't know you! Die!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
vote Laundry

his coolness intimidates me :(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
guys I'm the secret double voter

sorry that was a lie

I'm the secret triple voter

and all of these new faces are too cool for me

so I'll vote all of them

vote laundry
vote ryker
vote joey

making the world a better place... now me and nabe are the cool kids ;)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
if someone disagrees with this reform then I shall cast my secret fourth vote on you

Top Bottom