• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I just checked back really quickly and realized that Nabe was only voting Laundry to fish soup. To that end, #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , where do you stand now?

I don't like that we're three days in and I don't have any idea about this slot. I think you have one post from D2 and today you came in, slightly pressured Soup, didn't get what you wanted and bailed. Make a case for someone and against someone. Who is your biggest town read right now, and who's your biggest scum read?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm going to be around for the most part up until deadline today. I need to leave for an hour or so to get groceries but otherwise, I should be here. Going to go through more carefully and see what else I can get from what's been posted this phase.

Unrelated to the game -- I didn't expect to mismanage my time for this game this badly when I signed up. I don't foresee anything else big coming up in between now and Wednesday at least so, I should be able to be more active than I have been the last couple of days.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm going to be around for the most part up until deadline today. I need to leave for an hour or so to get groceries but otherwise, I should be here. Going to go through more carefully and see what else I can get from what's been posted this phase.

Unrelated to the game -- I didn't expect to mismanage my time for this game this badly when I signed up. I don't foresee anything else big coming up in between now and Wednesday at least so, I should be able to be more active than I have been the last couple of days.
All good, glad you're here now.

So to make sure I'm understanding this, you don't like the Z25 nor the Laundry wagon, and you feel soup is town? Who are you looking at as scum then? Is the team just flat out Ryu Joey and Nabe fypov?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #1243):
  • ѕoup: 2 (Laundry, Ryker)
  • Red Ryu: 1 (Kantrip)
  • Laundry: 2 (Z25, ѕoup)
  • Z25: 1 (KY Joey)

Not currently voting: Disfunkshunal, Red Ryu, Nabe

6 hours remain in this phase.
With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu can you give us an updated thought list? I know you posted one kind of recently but I genuinely can't tell where you are in terms of being caught up/re-reading/gathering thoughts/etc.
i fell asleep when I got home whoops, gonna do this right now.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I don't like the Z25 as scum but I also feel that it's harder to make a case for him now that doesn't revolve around a gut feeling. I don't feel that soup is town but I have a weaker scum read on him than I did initially. I'm looking through the thread to see if there's somewhere I have a stronger scum read on.

Right now, yeah, I'm looking at Nabe/Ryu/Joey or Soup potentially as the scum team. I'm combing through their posts looking both at their content and possible connections. Nabe is null and will continue to be that way simply because of his very limited number of posts. As I just mentioned, I have no idea where he stands aside from the fact that he feels Z25 is not the play.

I'm skimming through and double checking but I'm wondering if there's something to be said about the indirect partnerships/read agreements that are happening here. i.e. it seems that you/laundry/ryker have similar scum lists, Joey/Ryu-Fire have similar lists, and I think me/Z25 have similar lists. Again, I'm going in and checking the validity of the claim but if those patterns are emerging, a flip could be very telling.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Z25 scumreads Laundry and townreads soup, what makes you say his reads are similar to yours?

Actually I'm altogether confused by that observation because afaik Ryu and Joey only share a Z25 scumread, along with seemingly everyone else, but past that where are you getting that their lists are similar? Joey's list is closer to soup's if anything.

Also what do you think of my opinion that Ryu isn't on a team with Nabe based on Nabe starting the Fire wagon Day 1?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People are also charactering me calling me constant Rajam or some of my reads, not sure where the distrust is in terms of what I have been doing.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Z25 scumreads Laundry and townreads soup, what makes you say his reads are similar to yours?
Hardcore skimming LOL. At the end of his wall, his scum team was laundry/nabe/joey. Ryu/Joey also had me as a higher scum read than most.
I'm skimming through and double checking
Again, I'm going in and checking the validity of the claim
I was typing stream of consciousness but I'll wait until after I've double checked before sharing thoughts next time LOL

Kantrip

Kantplay
People are also charactering me calling me constant Rajam or some of my reads, not sure where the distrust is in terms of what I have been doing.
Only Rykers been making this comparison. I just want more hard stances from you. Z25 is the freebie scumread and it's all you've got. And you told me you had 0 townreads either. You've asked a lot of clarifying questions and made some observations about who can't be on a team together, surely you have more than a Z25 scumread and a pool of nulls to PoE from?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hardcore skimming LOL. At the end of his wall, his scum team was laundry/nabe/joey. Ryu/Joey also had me as a higher scum read than most.

I was typing stream of consciousness but I'll wait until after I've double checked before sharing thoughts next time LOL
I'll wait for you to catch up more than a skim but I'm curious if you can find where Ryu suspected you? I don't recall that. And I assume you're referring to Z25 with the first part? What do you think of Laundry? I know you said you dislike the push but you also apparently feel better about Z25 and soup this phase despite the push coming from them?

Sorry to bombard you lmao

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu can you give us an updated thought list? I know you posted one kind of recently but I genuinely can't tell where you are in terms of being caught up/re-reading/gathering thoughts/etc.
Let me go over my general thoughts and what I am thinking.

z25 being easy is fair critism and something I have been thinking about with this past posts. Don’t like his day two how he played off Ryker and how he set up a domino lynch.

What i am thinking with those recent walls is maybe he has an idea of hiw he wanted to proceed? sure it’s easy like Pokechu but Pokechu always plays in a way I find scummy and i’d rather lynch over bothering to see a pattern with Pokechu. Unhelpful and playing in a way that is pretty much constant **** posting and then when he wants a lynch it’s people he’a
s not a fan of. Seen this in two other games before this and it’s the same here.

so back to Z25, too easy of a fallback? Sure I can see why people would see it, but his day 2 was pretty bad. What makes me pause is reading recent walls he’s posted. Making me think is there a thought process to this? It’s why I unvoted.

gonna go into soup next

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kantrip Kantrip i posted town reads before, what I said was is that I don’t fully 100% trust anyone is due to the fact i’m trying to think about how scum team fits into a puzzle.

especially when my assumptions with the nomination need to reconsider what risk you Ryker and Laundry were really in with Pokechu in the pool as well.

On top top of that, from the interactions i think If Ryker were to be scum he’s not scum with you or laundry. If he is with anyone in that area it would be Laundry since he’s the one who would fake it better than anyone else esiecially with how long they have been friends and their skill level.

i’m not calling them scum, but it’s been in the back of my mind and without a scum flip i’m trying to see a bigger picture.

I think scum is likelt outside of that pool of you 3 for a stronger direction.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Nah you're good. I wouldn't have been bombarded had I been here :). I just ISO'd Ryu and couldn't find it aside from where mentioned me as PoE choice, same as a few of you. I think I conflated his list with Soup's.

And I assume you're referring to Z25 with the first part?
Yep, Z25. I disagree with the bit on Laundry. I read your and soup's criticism of the slot but I don't see it.

I never liked the Z25 pushed and I made that clear so I wouldn't say that I feel "better" about him. Mostly the same. As for soup, there was no push. He said he suspected Laundry and then made no case. After prodding, he made a slight case. And when given the opportunity to contribute to wagon gaining traction, he opted out. Soup has a lot of opinions that I disagree with but simply having those reads doesn't make him scummy to me. Functionally, he almost feels like a third party this game. I can't find a rhyme or reason to his actions and he seems perfectly content with committing to them alone. At most, his play has been distracting but it hasn't been harmful. That's the reason I'm not scum reading him as hard right now. I don't feel that his slot is threatening.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
More on Laundry specifically -- a lot of his contributions fmpov have had the effect of generating/driving content. At one point you mentioned that you didn't see how he could use the information he's gotten from the questions he's asked to scum hunt, I'd have to look more closely at his posts to see if I agree with that, but with the way I feel right now, I haven't left his post with that same impression.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Actually I'm altogether confused by that observation because afaik Ryu and Joey only share a Z25 scumread, along with seemingly everyone else, but past that where are you getting that their lists are similar? Joey's list is closer to soup's if anything.

Also what do you think of my opinion that Ryu isn't on a team with Nabe based on Nabe starting the Fire wagon Day 1?

yeah my wall has 2 of the same people mentioned by disk.

I’m not sure on ryu though. As I said when kantrip asked if I had to lynch him or soup, it would probably be him first but it would in all honestly depend on if laundry was theoretically lynched beforehand. Because whichever way laundry would flip could look good or bad for soup.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Soup wasn’t on my radar until his manipulative ATE post. The way he backed off and admitted he did it to paint attention is gross.

He’s done it before as scum in particular one game where he replaced our ad scum with an ATE wall and admitted he did it as a tactic to get his slot to win. That game did solidify if he ever does this i’d just lynch him.

He knows exactly what he is doing and it is intentional, this is again this. Likely will vote his way at days end which is a few hours.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
...wouldn't I try to make you believe it was genuine instead of telling you it was intentional as scum?

#HBC | ѕoup

Self-preservation kicking in, recent comments looking like I'm not gonna get a laundry lynch

Vote: Z25

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ok, yeah now that I've actually read, I really don't like what I've seen from soup today. After catching up, I'm more inclined to believe that his left field reads are as much of a gambit as his not really a meltdown, meltdown. Soup > Fire-Ryu/Nabe > Joey > Z25 > The rest

Vote: Soup

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
...wouldn't I try to make you believe it was genuine instead of telling you it was intentional as scum?
Not necessarily. Laundry/Ryker were sold on you before you said it was not genuine. Kantrip/Joey were toss ups and could go either way.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nabe bugs me mostly from the fact I got nothing outside of him throwing me table scraps. He’s said, wow lots of content, but just stuck to trying to talk with Soup slightly and i’m not sure where he stands on an overall cast view.

it’s also the fact he is always at the sidelines, but this time i’m just a lot more bothered since he’s not really been in the spotlight to much of an extent. Easier for him to coast if he is scum so i’m not a fan.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Also, no one asked for it, but my 2 cents -- This game has been my favorite since I came back to the site. I've only played in 3 but I've spectated I think 4 others and this one has been the most engaging, among the most active, and the evenest. The set-up has caused the game to go in directions I couldn't

I'm also very happy with the final roster. There are some really great players in this and I feel that I've learned a lot. I mentioned in Giraffe's game that I historically haven't been a fan of vanilla games but that game and this one have turned that around for me. I actually played in one dgames game hosted by Red Ryu several years ago and never looked back because I was just that disengaged. (It wasn't you Red, I just wasn't feeling both the vanilla and the week long days :laugh:). This might be my last game for a bit until I'm more confident in my ability to regularly commit, though sitting out might be hard if the next game is another setup like this (maybe hydra?), I am overall having a great experience.

#HBC | ѕoup

There a lot of good players here, but this remains a problem if some of those good players are Mafia and you have those who fall in order dependent on what they say. I do not see Laundry's conviction as a town member rather I feel that players are just getting him far too much credit for doing things that are seemingly townie without considering why he would do it the first place.

I get it, how can someone do townie things and not be townie? With better players, those with a greater understanding of the game, you have to consider this otherwise you're just gonna get washed (no pun intended).

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Nabe bugs me mostly from the fact I got nothing outside of him throwing me table scraps. He’s said, wow lots of content, but just stuck to trying to talk with Soup slightly and i’m not sure where he stands on an overall cast view.

it’s also the fact he is always at the sidelines, but this time i’m just a lot more bothered since he’s not really been in the spotlight to much of an extent. Easier for him to coast if he is scum so i’m not a fan.
I agree completely and he's the one I want to see hang most today if I'm being honest but it's a hard sell to drum up support for an idle wagon when people have specific reasons for wanting others to hang first. Nabe mentioned that he agrees with most of Kantrip's comments and so I assume we're supposed to glean his reads from whatever Kantrip says? But why would we allow Nabe to also take credit for Kantrip's contributions?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There a lot of good players here, but this remains a problem if some of those good players are Mafia and you have those who fall in order dependent on what they say. I do not see Laundry's conviction as a town member rather I feel that players are just getting him far too much credit for doing things that are seemingly townie without considering why he would do it the first place.

I get it, how can someone do townie things and not be townie? With better players, those with a greater understanding of the game, you have to consider this otherwise you're just gonna get washed (no pun intended).
I’ve not been against either of them being scum fully but if your answer is to throw an fake emotional outburst to get people to your side I don’t trust you.

You’ve done this as scum going as far ascent trying to use it with replacing our as a tactic so I have zero reason to trust you being honest.

i get the idea of holding better players to higher standards and not letting them get away with always running town but this ain’t the way to do it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I’ve not been against either of them being scum fully but if your answer is to throw an fake emotional outburst to get people to your side I don’t trust you.

You’ve done this as scum going as far ascent trying to use it with replacing our as a tactic so I have zero reason to trust you being honest.

i get the idea of holding better players to higher standards and not letting them get away with always running town but this ain’t the way to do it.
I kinda wanna get lynched so I did something bad that I knew would give me a lot of flak, but then realized I'm stubborn and figured I'd try to get something out of it haha

Unfortunately, all that came of it is my feelings about Laundry reassured and Ryker having a moment. Kantrip is also someone I keep going back and forth with

As for why I didn't write a long post on 3K/Disfunk like I said? It's because I got tired of writing them, and felt like I said enough

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I agree completely and he's the one I want to see hang most today if I'm being honest but it's a hard sell to drum up support for an idle wagon when people have specific reasons for wanting others to hang first. Nabe mentioned that he agrees with most of Kantrip's comments and so I assume we're supposed to glean his reads from whatever Kantrip says? But why would we allow Nabe to also take credit for Kantrip's contributions?
I’ll be blunt, I really want to see Nabe get hanged.

i don’t like giving Soup am inch but Nabe’s been bugging me all game.

vote: Nabe

I have little reason to let Nabe off the hook where as Soup and Z25 I got more that really makes me think and contemplate.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Oh to be clear, I wasn't saying good player == town player. I was intending to say a couple of things:
  • Because there are so many good players, deciding who is scum and who isn't has been harder than it was in the past couple of games
  • The content that has come out of the game has been much more consistently thought out/elaborated on than what I've seen previously. In others games, I have seen thought out content but, again, less consistently
  • Experienced players know better how to drive conversation and mass inactivity has been much less than past games as a result

#HBC | ѕoup

I kinda like your vote in hindsight, I talked to Ryker about Nabe before and I've been thinking one of you or him is Mafia, and furthermore, I could greater pressure Laundry about the Fire wagon and him saying scum was on it.

Vote: Nabe

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dooms Dooms Ryker Laundry and Kantrip I talked about above.

based on the interactions I’m near 100% sure if one of Kantrip or Ryker is scum the other is clear. Ryker is being genuine about also being pissed off and I can see his direction.

Kantrip has been going back and forth with him and others but in general his direction had been pretty good with trying to think and evaluate.

Laundry is the one I trust the least, he’s made good points but I don’t have a strong inclination to say, yeah I want you in Lylo.

Big reason i would want Soup dead along with his ATE post which makes me say just lynch him since I don’t bother to evaluate it with him given a previous game he used it incredibly maliciously while replacing out. He’s know exactly what he is doing but if he flipped town that would tell me more about the Laundry and Ryker area For where I can swing on him. Laundry has given good points but I don’t feel a mood of passion with his posts outside of his back and forth with Soup.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
With Laundry kind of being on the hot seat and him being a likely candidate for the pool tomorrow (plus we're getting close to deadline and anything can happen ex: with this Nabe vote), my thoughts on him

I get that he's "controlling" the town, but generally scum attempts at controlling the town involve strong-manning things and limiting discussion in specific spots instead of trying to get everyone involved. While I think you can "fake" this, I don't think it's beneficial to do so. The only time I recall Laundry actually limiting discussion was saying that we couldn't lynch Z, which made sense because we were right next to deadline and the vote count gave us two options. Outside of that, Laundry's focus has been on getting everyone else into the game and getting them involved, and he hasn't been biased in this, either. He also has been contributing a LOT with his own reads while doing so, being pretty transparent even. I just can't see scum intent in Laundry's play.

If we're going to go down the controlling town route and get a scummy vibe from it, I'd much rather look at Ryker than Laundry. Ryker's controlling of the town has been way more closed than Laundry's, and when it comes to deadlines, he's way more forceful in limiting the pool and isolating discussions (even if it's imo justified to get people to think outside of the box ex: Kantrip). I don't like this route personally, and I'm not going to go down it, but if we're going to go down this route, I'd rather see it on Ryker than Laundry.

I've seen the posts viewing Laundry as suspect, and I'm really not buying it. Wasn't a fan of Soup's reasoning, Z's case was straight up horrible, and most other people are just in the "too good to be true slight doubt" type of pool which isn't anywhere near enough to make a case.

#HBC | ѕoup

Master Laundry says to lynch me so we MUST obey. We are blessed by his presence nay every morning, for him to lead us sheep astray from the wicked ways. Laundry giveth and laundry taketh away, may his words be engraved in stone for all to be remembered.

#HBC | ѕoup

So when Laundry mislynches two people now (Shish, Me) will you all stop praising him as if he's been the driving force of positivity in this game lmao

Top Bottom