• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
For reference, the Laundry vote was targeted at Soup, because he seemed to be hinting that he'd go Laundry only after a Z25 flip but didn't want to say it outright. I wanted to dig into that. Obviously that wasn't the response I envisioned.

The vote came out to begin with because Ryker said he was bored. Momentum is good, hence, vote. It was a window of time in which I knew I wasn't going to be here but wanted to have something going on. Still not here-here.

Two cents, I said I was surprised with the sheer body and pace of content in the thread, but I find it refreshing to read rather than toxic, even if it's harder to grab a foothold than the NZone-style games have been lately. The nomination phases are where I'd want things to move more quickly if anything, so that we can move straight to talking them out in these phases.
I'm not used to it, and I don't want to regress back. I'm not enjoying the pace because there is no downtime, it's just people competing and shouting over each other all the time. If Laundry wants to say I'm complaining or whining, I'm trying to say that environment being instilled is intentional in Laundry's part because he is mafia, it is a crux of my argument and no amount of hyperbole and trying to misconstrue me will change that fact. If Laundry is town? He's just mad I won't go along with what he wants anymore, and you can say that's the only spiteful thing I genuinely feel

#HBC | ѕoup

Like..I genuinely think Laundry's behavior is fabricated. He wants any criticism I make to be a complaint and he has to remind me constantly despite knowing I am experienced how to play Mafia

It's not townie.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For reference, the Laundry vote was targeted at Soup, because he seemed to be hinting that he'd go Laundry only after a Z25 flip but didn't want to say it outright. I wanted to dig into that. Obviously that wasn't the response I envisioned.

The vote came out to begin with because Ryker said he was bored. Momentum is good, hence, vote. It was a window of time in which I knew I wasn't going to be here but wanted to have something going on. Still not here-here.

Two cents, I said I was surprised with the sheer body and pace of content in the thread, but I find it refreshing to read rather than toxic, even if it's harder to grab a foothold than the NZone-style games have been lately. The nomination phases are where I'd want things to move more quickly if anything, so that we can move straight to talking them out in these phases.
Where is your head at in terms of a vote? I read this but does this mean you do not want z25?

#HBC | ѕoup

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Deal with this ****. I can't make it better.

:186:
Who do you agree with in terms scumreads and townreads that I have presented. I think Z25/Nabe holds one but not both. I have a tendency to scumread Kantrip all the time it's almost a meme. I've liked Joey throughout the game for vague reasons, and I feel OK about Ryu. Ryker I think is town but honestly? If you're town he's not, I think of one of you is intentionally forcing the game to be the way it is.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm not used to it, and I don't want to regress back. I'm not enjoying the pace because there is no downtime, it's just people competing and shouting over each other all the time. If Laundry wants to say I'm complaining or whining, I'm trying to say that environment being instilled is intentional in Laundry's part because he is mafia, it is a crux of my argument and no amount of hyperbole and trying to misconstrue me will change that fact. If Laundry is town? He's just mad I won't go along with what he wants anymore, and you can say that's the only spiteful thing I genuinely feel
Like..I genuinely think Laundry's behavior is fabricated. He wants any criticism I make to be a complaint and he has to remind me constantly despite knowing I am experienced how to play Mafia

It's not townie.
I can wrap my head around this. But throw a vote on Laundry and stake a case out if you're reading him as scum. A lynch and scum flip would show his playstyle to be ineffective, wouldn't it?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like this is legit frustrating on my end because I've gone out of my way to avoid the exact kind of environment I'm being blamed for creating, one that I don't even see when I open the thread. Most people here have acted fairly cordially to one another--there's no ad hominem and the game state has been as relaxed as a mafia came can be. I have no idea what Soup's talking about and frankly nothing I can say to him will make it better, so apparently I just can't sign up for games with him anymore.

**** man.

#HBC | Nabe

Where is your head at in terms of a vote? I read this but does this mean you do not want z25?
I don't think it's Z25. No one is interacting with him, no one is trying to save him. I mean, Disfunk hasn't posted toDay? But Z25 doesn't seem to be showcasing any agenda that's different from his typical town game.

This isn't me firmly rooted in the thread this second btw, but feel free to shoot for specifics.

#HBC | ѕoup

I can wrap my head around this. But throw a vote on Laundry and stake a case out if you're reading him as scum. A lynch and scum flip would show his playstyle to be ineffective, wouldn't it?
I really don't wanna write any more walls so consider my minor writeup and other things I've said to be my argument as why Laundry is scum, but I will say I had a stronger approach to this but decided not to post it. If you're interested to in hearing it I will post it

#HBC | Nabe

Like this is legit frustrating on my end because I've gone out of my way to avoid the exact kind of environment I'm being blamed for creating, one that I don't even see when I open the thread. Most people here have acted fairly cordially to one another--there's no ad hominem and the game state has been as relaxed as a mafia came can be. I have no idea what Soup's talking about and frankly nothing I can say to him will make it better, so apparently I just can't sign up for games with him anymore.

**** man.

He's not accusing you of ad hominem, though.

#HBC | ѕoup

I really don't wanna write any more walls so consider my minor writeup and other things I've said to be my argument as why Laundry is scum, but I will say I had a stronger approach to this but decided not to post it. If you're interested to in hearing it I will post it

**** man.

I disagree with the way things are going because I can't get a read on what anyone is truly thinking as there is always this unecessary fluff to it. That isn't fully on you. I'm not saying "Laundry, I hate the way you're playing this game!" I just think you're scum for the way you're playing this game and if you're not then I accept this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I hope I can boil your formula for scumreading me down to a science so it doesn't happen when I am scum in a game with you lmao

For real though, I'm just as lost as you are if I'm wrong on you and Z25 which is mostly why I'm so hesitant rn. I didn't get what I wanted Day 1 or Day 2 and now 2 slots I townread are gone and I don't feel like I got anything out of it, and suddenly everyone seems okay with what I was pushing beforehand

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Has DGames fallen off the deep end while I was gone?

Did the game just become "Well, I'll just ****ing have an AtE explosion and hope I get toneread town or else tell everyone I told them so."? Does scum win by convincing the town that their AtE is genuine?

This is a circus and I'm getting incredibly tired of it. I signed up because I wanted to play mafia. I wanted to interact with people and I wanted to meet new players. I did not want to get in here with a bunch of people who explode when things don't go their way. Soup, you're better than this. Act like you aren't a five-year old.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am ****ing steamed right now. I am going to not keep ****ing typing or else I'm going to end up saying some **** that will get me modkilled.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu If you can't get your head around me, why don't you talk to me? I know you said you wouldn't bring anyone in this game to lylo a while back. Does that still stand?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just don't understand the frustration. Deadlines are short and other games I've played lately have gone to deadline basically every phase. Why are we trying to cut them even shorter?
A lot of new people like shorter deadlines, I don’t prefer it over longer ones.

#HBC | ѕoup

Scumreading me and throwing an AtE bitchfit because I'm somehow warping the entire gamestate with my play are two entirely different things.

Mafia is a form of debate, when you find yourself in disagreement with the room such as the way policies are being introduced (or in this case, reads/cases), I think it's fair play to say that you wish for this to change. I wasn't AtE'ing, everything I've done has had purpose. I wanted to see how you reacted to my self-vote, but still now..I feel like you're trying to beat me over the head with the mafia rulebook. Talk to me like I am on the same level as you instead of reminding why my approach is wrong, because like I said it's really scummy.

Unvote

Kantrip

Kantplay
A lot of new people like shorter deadlines, I don’t prefer it over longer ones.
Longer deadlines could only make soup's qulams worse.

I understand where he's coming from but don't think it applies to this game and feel like he's lamenting a time when DGames did spend weeks and dozens of pages arguing circles with no results, which is why I think these short deadlines are a good thing. Despite a lot of discussion, I don't think this game's fallen into that problem though so either soup's problems are genuine but unfounded (more likely imo) or he's faking the frustration to avoid resppnsibility for problems people have had with his play.

Either way it's clear he is done with the game as it stands.

#HBC | ѕoup

Longer deadlines could only make soup's qulams worse.

I understand where he's coming from but don't think it applies to this game and feel like he's lamenting a time when DGames did spend weeks and dozens of pages arguing circles with no results, which is why I think these short deadlines are a good thing. Despite a lot of discussion, I don't think this game's fallen into that problem though so either soup's problems are genuine but unfounded (more likely imo) or he's faking the frustration to avoid resppnsibility for problems people have had with his play.

Either way it's clear he is done with the game as it stands.
This is why i have a problem, pick to one and stick with it. None of this backup crap, and I know it's not that simple but it's much easier to follow because who knows if I question you and say 'hey Kantrip why'd you scumread me for this thing' you can bring up hedgey opinion about me at any time Am I genuine or am I faking it? Decide.

#HBC | ѕoup

I was never done with the game, I just wanted to be listened to, you can complain about my methods after the game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't know, dude. I really hope it's genuine cuz if it's not this is a frustrating way to save yourself but I can't take a hard stance on something if I just don't know. Sorry.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu If you can't get your head around me, why don't you talk to me? I know you said you wouldn't bring anyone in this game to lylo a while back. Does that still stand?
Ok tell me what you think of the laundet/Ryker stuff, in terms of do you think the theory of them being aligned or scum has weight?

what about Nabe and other less active people like ridu.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I can't ****ing stand this garbage. Would winning like this even make you feel good? This garbage robs the game of all meaning. You ****ing go off in thread and everyone believes you and you win as scum because people have a shred of compassion or you ****ing go off in thread and everyone backs off because they believe your outburst and you win the game as town despite the fact you should be dead by all ****ing right.

I hate this WIFOM. It's the worst kind. You literally come down and tell me I'm ruining the ****ing game by trying to play like I signed up to do. When you go the goddamn self-vote route you put me in a scenario where either I risk losing the game because I want to believe you actually are upset and I want to do something about it or I ****ing smash you and if I'm wrong and I've made your entire experience worse and you stop playing with me.

Leave that **** at the door. It's so ****ing stupid. Mafia is a game where you have to enter with the stipulation that you're going to play with some basic human ****ing decency. You play the game. You don't complain about the game. It's so ****ing dumb.

I am incredibly upset about this stupid ****. You aren't even the first one to do it. Literally every player who has been on the chopping block has done it. I HATE this ****.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't know, dude. I really hope it's genuine cuz if it's not this is a frustrating way to save yourself but I can't take a hard stance on something if I just don't know. Sorry.
Cmon man, just pick one. Am I town or mafia? Gut instinct. Gun to head. I want to work with you

Kantrip

Kantplay
This isn't a good way to get listened to. I've been listening to you all game and if I don't blindly trust your reads it's because I don't agree with them and when asked for reasoning what you've provided hasn't resonated with me. You can't make me lynch thirdkoopa or laundry off of faith that your reads are correct when I dont see what you claim to see.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The **** am I supposed to do? You don't want me to actually play the game? Doing that ruins your fun? Am I supposed to just play Russian Roulette?

OK GUYS! WE'RE GONNA ROLL A DIE AND LYNCH WHEREVER IT LANDS XDDDDDDDDDDD IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE GAME IT'S JUST GUT INSTINCT HAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Miss me with this ****ing garbage.

#HBC | ѕoup

This isn't a good way to get listened to. I've been listening to you all game and if I don't blindly trust your reads it's because I don't agree with them and when asked for reasoning what you've provided hasn't resonated with me. You can't make me lynch thirdkoopa or laundry off of faith that your reads are correct when I dont see what you claim to see.
Just answer me man, I'm legit wanting to know your read on me in a do-or-die scenario. I won't get mad at you or shove it back in your face

You too Ryker. Sorry for pissing you off.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay he's literally saying his self vote wasn't with intent to get himself lynched which means it WAS intentional AtE. Worst case he's town using the worst way to get people to listen to him, best case he's scum hoping the indecisive flip-floppy nature he's so upset with will cause us to consider his AtE and go elsewhere.

Rather just see the slot hang tbh

Vote soup

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Mafia is a form of debate, when you find yourself in disagreement with the room such as the way policies are being introduced (or in this case, reads/cases), I think it's fair play to say that you wish for this to change. I wasn't AtE'ing, everything I've done has had purpose. I wanted to see how you reacted to my self-vote, but still now..I feel like you're trying to beat me over the head with the mafia rulebook. Talk to me like I am on the same level as you instead of reminding why my approach is wrong, because like I said it's really scummy.

Unvote
I have been asking the entire phase to engage with me, to explain your scumread of me, to get you to do anything with that scumread of me. It took me ****ing engaging with you in order for you to out that in the first place. If you're town, the hesitation shouldn't be there. The fact that you held that, the fact that you've been more concerned about that being a hard lynch rather than gauging my alignment comes across like you're more concerned about your appearance to the thread than you are about lynching mafia.

#HBC | ѕoup

The **** am I supposed to do? You don't want me to actually play the game? Doing that ruins your fun? Am I supposed to just play Russian Roulette?

OK GUYS! WE'RE GONNA ROLL A DIE AND LYNCH WHEREVER IT LANDS XDDDDDDDDDDD IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE GAME IT'S JUST GUT INSTINCT HAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Miss me with this ****ing garbage.
No dude, I just want you to be more clear with me as I fail to understand where you are when it really matters

#HBC | ѕoup

I have been asking the entire phase to engage with me, to explain your scumread of me, to get you to do anything with that scumread of me. It took me ****ing engaging with you in order for you to out that in the first place. If you're town, the hesitation shouldn't be there. The fact that you held that, the fact that you've been more concerned about that being a hard lynch rather than gauging my alignment comes across like you're more concerned about your appearance to the thread than you are about lynching mafia.

No it didn't, you know this isn't true. I've been posting my thoughts about you completely seperate and you always shove it in my face regardless lol

Top Bottom