• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Last I remember, you were a top choice.

#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry deal with this ****hat.
You guys are wrong, I dont know why you demand more content when I'm pretty sure your last complaint you had about me is keeping my options open for being the most persistent in terms of content lmao

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The ****? You've been railing about how you're gonna smash Disfunk when I like that slot. I don't really wanna see you just sitting there waiting to sift Town's opinion instead of delivering this masterstroke you've been implying is in your pocket.

To be quite honest, given the vehemence with which you've hinted at what's to come, I'm baffled as what you're seeking to gain. Especially when you aren't actively pursuing something.

"Yeah guys, I don't wanna drop that thing yet."

#HBC | ѕoup

It's no masterstroke, I think I've been clear in my intentions which is perhaps I dont wanna say anything yet? You know I want 3k/disfunk, I've laid out my arguments many times, theres no point droning on about it

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't have anything further to say about 3K, he's gone and been replaced now, and while the sentiment remains and I still dislike what 3K has done, there's no changing that. When I made the plea to perhaps listen to me, it was made to say 'hey, listen to what I've been saying about this slot and trust me on it.' There is no more I want to divulge open as that would require effort, and frankly if you weren't listening then you're not gonna listen now even if I coat it with a new set of paint.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Dooms Dooms - Where's your head at? You still want Z25?
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe - If you had to call 3 slots as town and they became immune to ever being lynched, who would you choose? Exclude yourself.
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker - Did you get a chance to look at Joey again? Also to answer your question, I want soup and Z25 and I want to see more from Ryu Nabe and Joey. My reads are the same as yesterDay.
#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry - Did you think Z25 was town Day 1? What about now, and what do you make of Ryker voting him?
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - Are you caught up? What's your lynchpool for toDay?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't have anything further to say about 3K, he's gone and been replaced now, and while the sentiment remains and I still dislike what 3K has done, there's no changing that. When I made the plea to perhaps listen to me, it was made to say 'hey, listen to what I've been saying about this slot and trust me on it.' There is no more I want to divulge open as that would require effort, and frankly if you weren't listening then you're not gonna listen now even if I coat it with a new set of paint.
Phases are short. If you have a stance that's important enough to allude to, I'd like to hear it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay, I'm listening. Did you not feel this way while he was up for lynch or did you just prefer to wait until we all mislynched a universal townread?

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay, I'm listening. Did you not feel this way while he was up for lynch or did you just prefer to wait until we all mislynched a universal townread?
I mentioned I wanted to lynch him I'm p sure

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not trying to flex here, I'm just trying to say you guys should trust me on 3K/Disfunk and if not I will take all the ****ing blame.
So anything more to say? Want to do a write up of your thoughts? I’d be interested in here where you are at and your thoughts on the last phase. In particular how do you feel about Ryker out of curiosity

Kantrip

Kantplay
So anything more to say? Want to do a write up of your thoughts? I’d be interested in here where you are at and your thoughts on the last phase. In particular how do you feel about Ryker out of curiosity
What are you thinking at the moment? Ever since you've felt better about me I've lost a sense of where you even want to vote. You joined the Ryker RVS wagon and you voted for Ryker again last phase iirc, but do you think Ryker is scum?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm here. Fair warning, I will be here very sparingly this phase as I work Sunday right through deadline and I have DnD tomorrow night as well.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You guys are wrong, I dont know why you demand more content when I'm pretty sure your last complaint you had about me is keeping my options open for being the most persistent in terms of content lmao
No? My complaints about your slot is that my memory of your actions is dissuading a Z25 lynch at every opportunity, being down for lynching 3K/Funko, Poke, and Kantrip, and whining about people calling you out when you backtracked on your Z25 defenses. You've shared comparatively little to what you think you've given the class.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I mentioned I wanted to lynch him I'm p sure
Okay but like, I was super game to lynch one of Ryker or Laundry over Pokechu who was universally townread and no one seemed to have anything on them. All I heard against Laundry was WIFOM setup speculation and Pokechu's thoughts on his tone. I have my own reservations about Laundry but if the best anyone has is "I don't trust him" I don't see what we're supposed to do with that as it's not likely to be convincing to the people who don't see it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry - Did you think Z25 was town Day 1? What about now, and what do you make of Ryker voting him?
...did you miss my case on him? Or the fact that he was second in my lynch priority? I definitely thought he was scum. I still strongly dislike his play but Soup's treatment of the slot have me concerned that I might be wrong as, despite your PoV, I doubt scum!Soup goes out on a limb that far for scum!Z instead of bussing him mercilessly.

Kantrip

Kantplay
...did you miss my case on him? Or the fact that he was second in my lynch priority? I definitely thought he was scum. I still strongly dislike his play but Soup's treatment of the slot have me concerned that I might be wrong as, despite your PoV, I doubt scum!Soup goes out on a limb that far for scum!Z instead of bussing him mercilessly.

Oh uhh, I don't remember a case so either I missed it or erased it from my memory because I only remember Joey being on board to lynch him with me D1 while soup, Ryker, and you urged me to pick someone else because Z25 wasn't happening.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh uhh, I don't remember a case so either I missed it or erased it from my memory because I only remember Joey being on board to lynch him with me D1 while soup, Ryker, and you urged me to pick someone else because Z25 wasn't happening.
By the time I was telling you to move your vote, you were the only one left on the wagon and I was under the impression we didn't have the votes. I definitely thought he was scum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What are you thinking at the moment? Ever since you've felt better about me I've lost a sense of where you even want to vote. You joined the Ryker RVS wagon and you voted for Ryker again last phase iirc, but do you think Ryker is scum?
I’ve got some thoughts on the current phase but I’m heading to bed now. So I’ll post a full response tomorrow. I’ll make sure to quote you again when I do.

Kantrip

Kantplay
By the time I was telling you to move your vote, you were the only one left on the wagon and I was under the impression we didn't have the votes. I definitely thought he was scum.

Okay hold up, I just want to clarify that you are aware of another rule NZoners brought alongside their shorter Day phases: Lynches don't require a majority of the list anymore. If there are 4 wagons tied at 2 votes each the game goes into a tiebreaker hour where everyone can only vote for one of those targets. If one of them instead had 3, that person is lynched. I did say this at one point during the end of Day 1 but I just want to make sure you saw it and that you're aware of this rule.

That being said, I'm very confused why you thought we didn't have the votes for Z25 when I'm sure Joey would have happily switched back on and the largest wagons at the time were only around 3 votes.

#HBC | ѕoup

No? My complaints about your slot is that my memory of your actions is dissuading a Z25 lynch at every opportunity, being down for lynching 3K/Funko, Poke, and Kantrip, and whining about people calling you out when you backtracked on your Z25 defenses. You've shared comparatively little to what you think you've given the class.

Did u not read those three posts I quoted where I said I didn't want Pokechu anymore? That's one petty retort to all of this but I digress. I'm not whining, I'm telling you you're wrong about me, that's just facts given. I don't know to what extent am I supposed to give like I've been carefully and meticulously planning every subset of content I make and if I divert from this you all get nosy and tell me that I'm being secretive. I've tried my hardest to tell you what I'm thinking but unfortunately I don't work miracles and I can't reward you every time you ask me to, so if you want me to be an asshole about anything you don't feel you understand actually READ MY ****ING POSTS

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If you're gonna keep saying it, just come after me instead of pussyfooting around the subject. Why are you hesitating?

I'm gonna expand upon this point a little bit because I keep seeing this sentiment expressed and it's gonna continue if left unchecked. I understand this paranoia of me--I'm a solid enough player to look like the biggest townie around as mafia. You have no night kill to remove me so you can't lean into the question of "why is he still alive on d4" and there's no PR to clear me either. I feel the skepticism. With that said, I find it very distracting to continue floating that paranoia to the thread if you have no greater incentive to push me than pure skepticism. If you want to read me better, interact with me. If you think I'm mafia, push to lynch me. Either of these actions should help improve your read of me. Commenting on the fact that I could be mafia despite my actions without doing anything about it is lazy at best.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Did u not read those three posts I quoted where I said I didn't want Pokechu anymore? That's one petty retort to all of this but I digress. I'm not whining, I'm telling you you're wrong about me, that's just facts given. I don't know to what extent am I supposed to give like I've been carefully and meticulously planning every subset of content I make and if I divert from this you all get nosy and tell me that I'm being secretive. I've tried my hardest to tell you what I'm thinking but unfortunately I don't work miracles and I can't reward you every time you ask me to, so if you want me to be an ******* about anything you don't feel you understand actually READ MY ****ING POSTS
Sorry Soup, my job is to read you and when you start acting sneaky I'm gonna stick my nose into what you're doing. When you go an entire dayphase while only offering 3 reads, I'm gonna stick my nose into that. When you start slipping off your defense of a slot after getting called out on it by the thread and getting mad at people for it, I'm gonna stick my nose into that. When you walk into a thread despite being a prime lynch candidate for the day and say "I'm just gonna sit on what I got" I'm gonna stick my nose into that. When you keep floating suspicions of me but never backing them up or pushing them, I'm gonna stick my nose into that.

Again, you've lost your composure. The thing is, I know you're a competent enough player to manipulate your appearance. You've done it to me in past games and got me to townread you for it when you were mafia. I don't buy that you're dumb enough to need basic mafia principles explained to you either. If you are somehow angered by people playing the game normally, then disappear from the thread and come back when you've regained your sensibilities, for your sake and ours.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm gonna expand upon this point a little bit because I keep seeing this sentiment expressed and it's gonna continue if left unchecked. I understand this paranoia of me--I'm a solid enough player to look like the biggest townie around as mafia. You have no night kill to remove me so you can't lean into the question of "why is he still alive on d4" and there's no PR to clear me either. I feel the skepticism. With that said, I find it very distracting to continue floating that paranoia to the thread if you have no greater incentive to push me than pure skepticism. If you want to read me better, interact with me. If you think I'm mafia, push to lynch me. Either of these actions should help improve your read of me. Commenting on the fact that I could be mafia despite my actions without doing anything about it is lazy at best.

In a game like this, I have to be more choosy. I'm only given one or two chances to lynch someone I actually want instead of letting NAR decide half of the unknowns for me. I don't wanna waste this therefore I get that I can be contradictive, unwilling to commit and etc. but to me stakes are much higher. It'd be really easy for me to force feed you my **** but I'm not that callous. Annoyed maybe? My apologies, old habits die hard. I understand if you're town you are just trying to understand, but I'm town too so I'm trying to do the same thing!!!

That being said, yeah, I'm worried about you. You're a hard lynch though.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay hold up, I just want to clarify that you are aware of another rule NZoners brought alongside their shorter Day phases: Lynches don't require a majority of the list anymore. If there are 4 wagons tied at 2 votes each the game goes into a tiebreaker hour where everyone can only vote for one of those targets. If one of them instead had 3, that person is lynched. I did say this at one point during the end of Day 1 but I just want to make sure you saw it and that you're aware of this rule.

That being said, I'm very confused why you thought we didn't have the votes for Z25 when I'm sure Joey would have happily switched back on and the largest wagons at the time were only around 3 votes.
No, I wasn't aware of it at the time. Obviously I am now when Shish's wagon never reached majority, but I had no idea until I had already gone to work and the deadline had been reached.

#HBC | ѕoup

Sorry Soup, my job is to read you and when you start acting sneaky I'm gonna stick my nose into what you're doing. When you go an entire dayphase while only offering 3 reads, I'm gonna stick my nose into that. When you start slipping off your defense of a slot after getting called out on it by the thread and getting mad at people for it, I'm gonna stick my nose into that. When you walk into a thread despite being a prime lynch candidate for the day and say "I'm just gonna sit on what I got" I'm gonna stick my nose into that. When you keep floating suspicions of me but never backing them up or pushing them, I'm gonna stick my nose into that.

Again, you've lost your composure. The thing is, I know you're a competent enough player to manipulate your appearance. You've done it to me in past games and got me to townread you for it when you were mafia. I don't buy that you're dumb enough to need basic mafia principles explained to you either. If you are somehow angered by people playing the game normally, then disappear from the thread and come back when you've regained your sensibilities, for your sake and ours.

I don't need to be lectued as if I'm about to explode like I'm DEFCON 1. My bigger question to you is..why did you wait now to be concerned about what the hell I'm doing?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't need to be lectued as if I'm about to explode like I'm DEFCON 1. My bigger question to you is..why did you wait now to be concerned about what the hell I'm doing?
I've been concerned about your play since the start of d2, did all of my prodding of you yesterday somehow go unnoticed?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That being said, yeah, I'm worried about you. You're a hard lynch though.
Put up or shut up then. It's really simple. If I thought Ryker was mafia I'd be barking up his tree but his play has been pretty protown from my perspective, though I have an easier time than most understanding his angle.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No, I wasn't aware of it at the time. Obviously I am now when Shish's wagon never reached majority, but I had no idea until I had already gone to work and the deadline had been reached.

Okay because when I first got told Z25 wasn't happening I made a post informing y'all who might not know about that rule, I suppose you missed this post from me? At the time I was very confused why so many people were stonewalling a Z25 lynch when it was very feasible number-wise so I assumed you all thought my read on him was wrong and that he was town. Hearing soup and you say you scumread him and having Ryker vote him this phase is surreal to me because if anything my read on him has softened seeing how he was willing to reconsider on me. I guess I missed your case on him though so we can call it even.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay because when I first got told Z25 wasn't happening I made a post informing y'all who might not know about that rule, I suppose you missed this post from me? At the time I was very confused why so many people were stonewalling a Z25 lynch when it was very feasible number-wise so I assumed you all thought my read on him was wrong and that he was town. Hearing soup and you say you scumread him and having Ryker vote him this phase is surreal to me because if anything my read on him has softened seeing how he was willing to reconsider on me. I guess I missed your case on him though so we can call it even.
Things were going very fast, I likely missed it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Put up or shut up then. It's really simple. If I thought Ryker was mafia I'd be barking up his tree but his play has been pretty protown from my perspective, though I have an easier time than most understanding his angle.

It's not as easy as that and I fail to understand why you are ignoring this. Why you believe for everything posted there must be a subsequent answer.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why did you wait until <future date when you actually make a push on Laundry instead of vague discrediting suspicion> to make a push on Laundry instead of this vague discrediting suspicion?

YesterDay we had Ryker AND Laundry in a lynch pool. It was a prime opportunity to try to rally up support to lynch them and I don't think Laundry received a single vote? I trust him more than I trust Ryker at this juncture, hence me at least using my vote to show where I stood, but I am super frustrated that Pokechu got lynched if we're still gonna move forward and suspect other people who were up yesterDay.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why did you wait until <future date when you actually make a push on Laundry instead of vague discrediting suspicion> to make a push on Laundry instead of this vague discrediting suspicion?

YesterDay we had Ryker AND Laundry in a lynch pool. It was a prime opportunity to try to rally up support to lynch them and I don't think Laundry received a single vote? I trust him more than I trust Ryker at this juncture, hence me at least using my vote to show where I stood, but I am super frustrated that Pokechu got lynched if we're still gonna move forward and suspect other people who were up yesterDay.
...Because I'm still thinking about it?

#HBC | ѕoup

Like, I dunno. If you really want to know why I feel you're Mafia I think it boils down to the type of dialogue we're having right now. It's like, you come at me with the interest of the town yet you are sitting on the fact you were wrong on Shishoe and did nothing to progress that failure, merely wrote it off and moved onto the next thing. You're more focused on the idealistic sense of town instead of the pragmatic one, and it's not that you can't be wrong as town it's just the steps you took to be wrong that have bothered me, along with the lack of rectifying so.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like, I dunno. If you really want to know why I feel you're Mafia I think it boils down to the type of dialogue we're having right now. It's like, you come at me with the interest of the town yet you are sitting on the fact you were wrong on Shishoe and did nothing to progress that failure, merely wrote it off and moved onto the next thing. You're more focused on the idealistic sense of town instead of the pragmatic one, and it's not that you can't be wrong as town it's just the steps you took to be wrong that have bothered me, along with the lack of rectifying so.
Why did it take pulling your teeth out to get you to say this? I could've talked about this a long time ago and instead of doing so you just sat on it. Goddammit, Soup.

Top Bottom