• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Forest's Entrance - Beyond the purlieu, no words can save you

Stood tall and proud above the small town of Decretoria is the mighty Yggdrasil, the World Tree, which has grown at this site for millennia.

Located inside the great tree is a vast, sprawling labyrinth, wherein untold creatures of ferocious strength are said to roam freely, attacking all who dare violate their territory.

As a result of the great danger posed by the Yggdrasil Labyrinth, for centuries none have been permitted to approach Yggdrasil, by order of the Magistratus, the leaders of Decretoria.

One day, however, the Magistratus issued a proclamation throughout the continent: All adventurers seeking to test their strength are invited to enter the Yggdrasil Labyrinth, and explore its depths.

Countless challengers from all corners of the earth flocked to Decretoria, seeking to uncover the mysteries of Yggdrasil and achieve endless fame and fortune... but most emerged clinging to life by a thread - if they were lucky.

...You are another in this long line of explorers who seek to solve the mysteries of the labyrinth. Your goal is to find and tame the most powerful beasts that roam its grounds - the fearsome FOEs.

FOE - short for Formido Oppugnatura Exsequens - "the pursuing terror about to attack". You must use your exploring skills to track down and eliminate these beasts, before they surround and destroy you.

But be warned - they possess several cunning tricks that will not make your job easy. Some say they can disguise their true forms, possibly even being able to appear as fellow adventurers. Keep your wits about you.

If your resolve is set, then carry onward - the Labyrinth beckons...

---------

Explorers' Guild - If your wits you seek to test, to gather here is your first quest

Hm? New faces, eh? If you're here to explore the Labyrinth, then you've come to the right place. This is the Explorers' Guild.

Here you can recruit adventurers into your guild, and team up to tackle the Labyrinth. You can't enter the Labyrinth without at least seven people in your party, but the more the merrier - you can aim for as many as 11 or even 15 people, if you can find enough people brave, or perhaps foolish, enough to join you.

So, first things first - you'll need to gather together all the people you want to join your guild, and get them to register themselves here. Good luck...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Floor Jumps:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
David Bowie said:
Why now, when I finally understand myself and others, should I die? What a **** game. Is there no one with whom you could revise the rules?
I'm using this in every game now

== General rules ==
  • Phases last for a maximum of 48 hours.
  • Majority lynch comes into effect after 24 hours. If a majority vote is reached after this point, the phase ends immediately, and no further votes or actions will be counted.
  • There are no night phases in this game. That means no night kills, night actions, night communications, and so on.
  • No communication relating to the game may occur outside of this thread, except in your personal role PM, and in the mafia PM.
  • Posts may not be edited for any reason. Any player editing their posts will be hostkilled.
  • Screenshotting messages from either the thread or role PMs is not allowed in the thread. Use quotes instead.
  • Dead players are allowed a single reaction post in the thread, after which they may not post in the thread.
  • If you don't listen to all the music tracks I post in the thread, you get hostkilled.
  • seriously though the music is really good, you won't be disappointed

== Voting ==
  • Submit votes by posting Vote: Player in the thread.
  • Votes must be bolded to count.
  • Unvoting is not necessary if you wish to change your vote.
  • You cannot vote for No Lynch. Each day will always end with a lynch.
  • On even-numbered days, the Mafia will nominate a number of players (the exact number may vary based on the current player count), who may be of any alignment. These players will be announced in the thread by the host at the start of the day; they are the only players who may be voted for on these days. Votes for other players will not be counted.
  • At the end of the phase, or if a majority vote is reached and more than 24 hours have passed, the player with the most votes is lynched, and eliminated from the game.

== In the case of a tied vote ==
If there is a tied vote at the end of an odd-numbered phase, there will be one hour of overtime, in which only the players with the tied vote totals may be voted for. All vote counts are reset, and all players may vote again, except the tied players. At the end of this additional hour, the player with the most votes is lynched, or if the tie remains unbroken, a player not involved in the tie is chosen at random and lynched.

If a tie occurs on a nomination day, all players involved in the tie are lynched at the end of the phase. No additional time will occur.

== What the **** is the flavour about? ==
Etrian Odyssey is a series of dungeon-crawler RPGs from Atlus, in which players are tasked with creating their own party from scratch (you get to determine the name, class and appearance of all your characters) to explore the Yggdrasil Labyrinth and discover the secrets hidden within.

If you like this game, go check out my Highlander support thread for more!

For this game, you don't need to know the flavour to take part. *sighs of relief all round*
And knowing the flavour won't offer you any advantages. *loud complaining from one corner of the room*

this had to go somewhere

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Engraved are the names that will resound tomorrow...
  1. Shishœ was the Party's Protector - defeated in the 1st Stratum
  2. #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker was the Bloodbear - winner!
  3. Dooms Dooms was the Ragelope - winner!
  4. Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal was the Party's Medic - defeated at endgame
  5. #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup was the Party's Dark Hunter - defeated in the 3rd Stratum
  6. #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu was the Party's Landsknecht - defeated at endgame
  7. #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry was the Party's Sovereign - defeated at endgame
  8. Pokechu Pokechu was the Party's Arcanist - defeated in the 2nd Stratum
  9. Z25 Z25 was the Party's Farmer - defeated at endgame
  10. Kantrip Kantrip was the Party's Troubadour - defeated at endgame
  11. #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe was the Toxipede - winner!

This setup is based on the Nomination Mafia open setup.
The game needs 11 players to run. Extended from the 7 listed on the wiki page because I know you're all so very eager to get involved in this one.

Player count: 8 Vanilla Townies, 3 Mafia Goons

Sample role PMs (without flavour):
== Vanilla Townie ==
  • You have no special abilities of your own - only your voice and your vote.
  • Note that on even-numbered days, you can only vote for the players nominated by the Mafia, who will be named by the host at the start of those days.
  • You are aligned with the Town.
  • You win when all threats to the Town have been defeated.
== Mafia Goon ==
  • You have no special abilities of your own - only your voice and your vote.
  • On odd-numbered days, you and your Mafia teammates may nominate a number of players, and those players will be the only players who may be voted for on the following even-numbered phase. See the "Nominations" section for more details.
  • You are aligned with the Mafia.
  • You win when the Mafia equal 50% or more of the remaining players.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, that's 7 people signed up. I can run the game now, but ideally I'd like to get 11 people or more. Maybe I should just tag a bunch of people and make them play. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Okay guys I SWEAR I'll be invested

In

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So in reading the only way someone dies is through votes correct?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If we get to 15 players I might consider giving out one or two extra tools so that the game doesn't drag on too long. If it runs the full length, we're looking at 12 Days of gameplay - christmas for some, but not for all. I was mostly looking at the Mafia, since if they lose players early on, it's going to be a real slog for them to try and keep going. Anyone got any thoughts on this?
I was only joking about the dayvig but maybe it's not such a bad idea

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh wait nevermind, just reread the set up. Forgot this was a nomination dealio.

Hrm hrm hrm, I'll think it over.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's easier just to keep the game smaller if you're fearing the game dragging on. A one-shot dayvig will definitely shrink the required ML pool but assuming that town plays well and manages to find mafia with additional time to interact with them, it only speeds the game along by a day phase when the 15-man set-up will take 12 day phases to reach 2/1 LyLo--the 11-man would take 8 for comparison's sake. Adding more shots could massively swing the game to scum and I would not offer the vig to town if you're concerned about mafia getting snowballed out of the game if they play poorly early on.

:186:

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
11/4 8/3 5/2
10/4 7/3 4/2
9/4 6/3 3/2
8/4 5/3 3/1
7/4 4/3 2/1
6/4 4/2
5/4 3/2
5/3 3/1
4/3 2/1
4/2
3/2
3/1
2/1

"Graphed" to show comparison of the variations of set-ups in terms of days required.

Bah formatting.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah, having thought it over, the nomination is more or less equatable to the NK in this case, yeah? Town basically has 4 mislynches at their disposal, which is too much. Make it 3!

Like Laundry said, add a 1-shot killing role of sorts or reduce the numbers in general, problem solved.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I would definitely prefer the 11-man game, personally.

10-4 could work; Town have the option of a no-lynch since they arrive at MyLo after two MLs. 8-3 is cleaner of course but the more the merrier I say!

Edit: Maybe give Scum the ability to make it so that two people die from a nomination once during the game (in a 10-4 set up)? There's a couple funny ways we could go about it if we don't want to give Town the option to no-lynch.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I agree with 11 man for sheepish reasons as math is not my strong suit

Last edited:
Top Bottom