• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To reiterate a question from yesterDay, why Kantrip? I don't think he made a single post yesterDay that didn't hit the board for me, and some scored triple. Specifically that's at Ryker / Laundry with context before post 400 or so. On mobile, not read up so forgive me if this has been answered.
I covered it earlier when Laundry asked at the end of my back and forth with Kantrip.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Long Post
What do you make of TK's re-entry to the thread where he votes Fire I talked about in my back and forth with Kantrip?

(You later state after being corrected about him voting Shish that your point stands, so I'm gonna pretend that's what you said) When being told and shown by other people at EOD that Z25 wasn't happening, why does the vote change ping you so bad?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't really like that wall. I didn't get the same things out of analyzing TK and it just feels like he's trying to keep Kantrip on the table.

Bleck.

Kantrip

Kantplay
In the case that all four of us are town I could absolutely see a scum soup come in the thread saying "one of the four has to be scum" and make myself and Pokechu his choices for that. Soup's been strangely silent on Ryker and Laundry but tends towards calling them town implicitly, almost like he's avoiding engaging with them from fear of their influence. The added bonus of all this is he can still justify wanting to see me lynched out of the four players based on his stance of "one of the four has to be scum" and use PoE based on that faulty assumption rather than have any good reasons.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Laundry has some fair observations. I’d need to re read his specific posts to be sure but I don’t take issues. He’s kinda of vague with posts and leaves a lot open but I wouldn’t call that inheritly scummy.

Your exchange with Ryker has caught my attention more though.

Am I the only to notice Ryker is doing whatever he can to really avoid discussion on himself? He’s posting post after post targeting everyone else in the wagon. And he’s not even fact checking right such as his comment in when pokechu votes. For someone so dedicated to point out supicous posts, it feels like he’s low key half adding it because he only shows up for a little bit of time and then tries to be active while asking more questions and posting generic info then answers.

My biggest problem is how he only conviently showed up a little before deadline last phase and fought like hell to change the vote. With al the time he could have had between both these phases, his posts sound like desperate attempts to keep his name clean and around supiscion in everyone else.

Am I the only one against his tone and actions?

Your action with him has me leaning more towards town for you now and has really made me further questioned Ryker.

Maybe I’m right or wrong, but my vote is going to him.

Vote: Ryker
I don't normally respond to votes and comments about me, but I will do so here since that seems to be a hang-up for you.

Why, exactly, would I bother talking about myself if I didn't have a point to make? Like, the only way I'm relevant is if it's in relation to how someone's read on me is town or scum. From my PoV, I know I'm town, so I'm not generally discussing why I'm town.

And bro, I was here the entire time I was home yesterday. I was here https://smash.gg/tournament/climax-of-night/events/bbtag-singles/standings getting 17th at a major. I left shortly after https://twitter.com/GSRyker/status/1061959927625932800 that chain of tweets. It took me about four and a half hours to get home because Atlanta traffic is a *****, especially in the rain. I was here from that moment onward to the end of the day phase.

I believe it was already mentioned where I was yesterday and I've been pretty involved in the thread since I returned from Atlanta last day phase and this one.

I don't know what you're pushing. Can you explain to me why my tone and actions are scummy because I don't think they line up with your narrative. Particularly:

Z25 said:
because he only shows up for a little bit of time and then tries to be active while asking more questions and posting generic info then answers.
and
Z25 said:
My biggest problem is how he only conviently showed up a little before deadline last phase and fought like hell to change the vote
The first is observably false. The second I have to ask, what's your point. I fought like hell to see votes from people. Even if I fought like hell to change the vote, Shish flipped town, so why is that a bad thing in your estimation now?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You wanna talk about me, sure, let's talk, Z.

While I have your attention, also tell me what you make of Disfunk's re-entry to the thread (the wall of reads) and compare that to your last thoughts about ThirdKoopa. Where do you stand on that slot?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm actually faltering on my Z25 read, and seeing him back off of me and go for Ryker is a big reason why. As it stands now I would definitely hang soup before I'd hang Z25, although I'm still keeping an eye on him. I'm hoping I'll be able to read him better outside the context of interactions about scumreading each other.
That's suuuuuper interesting to me. You really didn't like Z and I really don't like his push here. What about it changed your read other than the fact that the vote ends where you want it?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Omg I thought today was phase end....

Dang
You have like 4 standing requests to elaborate on your Z read from the point of EOD when you said you were going to declare war, a request to analyze the Shish wagon, and a request to explain why you stayed on Shish and why Shish was scum in your eyes. Please do something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You wanna talk about me, sure, let's talk, Z.

While I have your attention, also tell me what you make of Disfunk's re-entry to the thread (the wall of reads) and compare that to your last thoughts about ThirdKoopa. Where do you stand on that slot?
This one is easier to respond to from mobile so I’ll tackle it first.

Disk is doing exactly what I’d expect from him. He’s replaced third and was likely not paying attention as much to the thread. So if your thrown into a random day of the game you would do exactly what disk is doing, review the past time where you weren’t there and post your thoughts. That’s nothing I’d find scummy and I certainly see it as more likely pro town.

My stance on third dropped with this which I mentioned earlier today. Third was inactive and that’s all that really seemed to be it there. So I find disk to be town. I am surprised that mafia didn’t select them though. It’s something I could see raise questions for people and could have resulted in a disk lynch.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I appreciate you guys overestimating my ability, but I also am tired of hearing myself talk. I dont wish to be confusing, so please tell me what necessarily did not make sense so I can go from there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I appreciate you guys overestimating my ability, but I also am tired of hearing myself talk. I dont wish to be confusing, so please tell me what necessarily did not make sense so I can go from there.
Your Kantrip read looks a lot like keeping an option at arm's length but on the table. Your Z25 play I agree is not a hard defense. However, that makes it read the same way. At the end of the day, I don't really understand what you're willing to go hard on and what you aren't. If you had to be crystal and today wasn't a constrained lynch, who would you be willing to lynch right now and who would you absolutely not be willing to lynch right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

Your Kantrip read looks a lot like keeping an option at arm's length but on the table. Your Z25 play I agree is not a hard defense. However, that makes it read the same way. At the end of the day, I don't really understand what you're willing to go hard on and what you aren't. If you had to be crystal and today wasn't a constrained lynch, who would you be willing to lynch right now and who would you absolutely not be willing to lynch right now.
That's what happens when the game is hard and I'm openly monologuing to the thread, I think the whole 'scum gets to nominate lynches' is really ****ing me up on my thoughts but I digress. I absolutely want 3K/Disfunk dead right now, if you gave me a gun I wouldn't even hesitate.

I don't townread Laundry as much as Kantrip insists, but to say there wasn't a time I did would be a lie, therefore let's say circumstances have gotten me to back off on this read and feel more and more OK with you. I'm going to ignore mechanics here and say Z25/Kantrip > Nabe > Poke > Laundry, in that exact order. I would absolutely not lynch You or Joey, with bias on Fire because I agree with Laundry there was probably scum on it, and I dunno if you bus a mate like that even if Fire was scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

When did your scumread on me start?
About the time you pulled the stops on Z25 and made that one post on him with the whole selective word choice thing. I find it odd how you're townreading Z25 now if I'm vaguely reading things correctly (cuz I skimmed on mobile)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm also confused how Z25 became a tier 1 scumread in your last post and why disfunk didn't even make the list.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I still don't like Z25 but there are townie things I've seen that I don't think he could fake as scum that make me hesitate. It is possible a mate is coaching him to retract his scumread on me but I'd put him at mixed lean scum at this point and he's certainly not the priority he was for me D1

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm also confused how Z25 became a tier 1 scumread in your last post and why disfunk didn't even make the list.
They were options separate to 3K who is my #1, for clarification:

#1 Please Lynch I Swear To God Why Haven't You Lynched This Already (Eternal Screaming) - 3K/Disfunk
#2 Lynch This, Because I Don't Townread Them And I Think It'd Make My Life Easier - You/Z25
#3 OK, Lynch this if #1 and #2 Don't Go to Plan - Nabe
#4 Lynch this I Guess IDK He Doesn't Seem Too Threatening - Poke
#5 Tfw WashedLaundry Was Masterminding The Game This Whole Time - Laundry

Kantrip

Kantplay
About the time you pulled the stops on Z25 and made that one post on him with the whole selective word choice thing. I find it odd how you're townreading Z25 now if I'm vaguely reading things correctly (cuz I skimmed on mobile)
Okay what do you make of stuff thats happened toDay then? How Pokechu and I being nominated is a super risky play for either of us as scum as well as my play toDay.

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay what do you make of stuff thats happened toDay then? How Pokechu and I being nominated is a super risky play for either of us as scum as well as my play toDay.
I talked about this though? Many times throughout the day. My theory about one scum being in there is just that..a theory. Occam's razor like Laundry suggested implies that simply all townies were picked. If I'm deciding though on which casuality to take it'd be you at this rate

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
They were options separate to 3K who is my #1, for clarification:

#1 Please Lynch I Swear To God Why Haven't You Lynched This Already (Eternal Screaming) - 3K/Disfunk
#2 Lynch This, Because I Don't Townread Them And I Think It'd Make My Life Easier - You/Z25
#3 OK, Lynch this if #1 and #2 Don't Go to Plan - Nabe
#4 Lynch this I Guess IDK He Doesn't Seem Too Threatening - Poke
#5 Tfw WashedLaundry Was Masterminding The Game This Whole Time - Laundry
This is what I wanted. I'll take that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I talked about this though? Many times throughout the day. My theory about one scum being in there is just that..a theory. Occam's razor like Laundry suggested implies that simply all townies were picked. If I'm deciding though on which casuality to take it'd be you at this rate
I'm hurt you value Pokechus contributions over mine.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Omg I thought today was phase end....

Dang
****ing. Dude said he'd be back before deadline thinking the phase was over then posts this 17 minutes after deadline should be here in that world. Being given a ton of time he didn't expect, he then bails rather than playing the game. I don't see how scum plays that game if they volunteered to be in the lynch pool. As it stands, I am of the opinion scum isn't in today's group.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm actually not going to be here at all tomorrow. Personal family stuff came up and I still have that commitment tomorrow, so I'm going to try to be here as long as I can tonight to answer any questions and get all of my thoughts out there

From a technical standpoint, if scum is here, it's proobably Laundry. I've thought about Ryker, but the fact that he was all over the place and is actually in a position where he has to defend himself because of how inconsistent he was makes me think it's a little too risky as scum. He actually has a decent chance at getting lynched here because of his play, which says a lot about Ryker. Laundry >> Ryker > Poke >>>>>>> Kantrip. I literally can not see Kantrip scum putting himself in this position. At least Poke doesn't know Ryker/Laundry. All of this being said, there's no way in **** I'm voting Laundry. Mechanical standpoint has me strongly believing that they're all town.

From a read standpoint, I still stand by Pokechu being the slot that needs to go out of these 4. No contributions to the town, has shown no sign that they have anything to say, coasted by day 1 with a few early reads and then sitting on an OMGUS RVS-level vote to end the day. Nothing about this slot is townie, and while I could tolerate the ****-posting, the lack of contribution is actually scummy at this point. If I have to choose one town slot to lynch, I'm going to choose the one that will minimize my chances of losing, which is 100% Pokechu in this scenario. Ryker's slot may seem like he hasn't given us a lot, but we've gotten decent stuff from him with his back and forth between Laundry yesterday and Kantrip today. With that being said, my vote is going to be on Pokechu at deadline.

I have reads as a whole and I can make a wall if people want but basically:

Laundry, Kantrip strong town
Ryker, Soup town-lean
Nabe, Fire Emblemier (hopefully replaced by Red Ryu) null. One is probably scum due to PoE.
Koopa was scum lean but Disfunk's catch up was alright. Null until Disfunk does more, maybe scum by PoE
Pokechu is being antagonistic, potentially scum but probably town strictly due to mechanics.
Z is still my scum read.

Z25 Z25 give me examples of where Ryker was "half-assing" his play.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe has your Soup read developed? You made it seem like a read you had but couldn't push. Would you be able to push it now?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Someone make this day phase not be so empty.

I've heard a lot from Kantrip, I've posted a lot. I've gotten what I wanted from Laundry at the moment. Soup came in and volunteered his time. Z25 showed up long enough to give me half of what I wanted.

I wish the people outside the lynchpool were ****ing here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I had to reread your technical and read perspective stuff because I conflated the two and it didn't make sense. That was my mistake. All in all, good post.

So your scum team for the moment is

Z25/Nabe/Fire with a safety net of Disfunk.

Do you think Nabe can be scum with Fire given the way his vote played out at the end of last phase?

Do you think DF can be scum with Fire given the way TK's vote played out at the end of last phase?

If you have a scum pool of those above four names. Which combinations can it NOT be given what we know?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm not willing to cross off Nabe and Fire just because Nabe still had Shish as his third pick and it seemed like we had more Shish voters than people wanting to vote Fire at deadline. Could see the scum read on FE being distancing since iirc it wasn't developed.

TK parking his vote on FE from early on (iirc) is a different story though, especially with TK's inactivity with that vote. I wouldn't completely write off busing there, but I'd consider that crossed off for a bit unless FE's play was actually scummy.

Out of those 4, the only two I'd write off being together at least for a bit are TK and FE. Nabe's meta defense on Z isn't a connection, but it doesn't put me off of them being together. Z's read on Koopa and swap to town-read on Disfunk seems natural but non-committal. Don't remember Z saying much about Nabe. Fire is a shot in the dark as a whole.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
****ing. Dude said he'd be back before deadline thinking the phase was over then posts this 17 minutes after deadline should be here in that world. Being given a ton of time he didn't expect, he then bails rather than playing the game. I don't see how scum plays that game if they volunteered to be in the lynch pool. As it stands, I am of the opinion scum isn't in today's group.
honestly ngl I got home not long after that post and blacked out

I only woke up an hour ago (and that hour was mostly spent... waking up and being groggy)

I know that I've played really horribly (sorry guys, I do feel really bad) but I didn't expect to be this busy and tired, and from the talks I've been skimming some people have been wanting to lynch me because they think all four are town, so nothing I contribute is probably going to change those minds

for when I said I'd declare war on Z that was slight ****posting and slightly real, I was faltering on my read on him, I'd place him or Fire with Laundry and Kantrip

IDK why but Laundry doesn't seem genuine; he's been like the beacon of the town, done a really good job, but just some of the things he's done. Like I think last day he was the first to actually consider I could be town, then start of this Day he questions why scum!Chu would put himself in the voting pool, but a few posts after that he went "will probably vote Pokechu because it'll lose me the least sleep"; if you're okay publicly stating your semi-good read of a really controversial slot, why slide it back in so quickly? IDK

Although in his defense mafia wants the inactive people.... IN LOL idk I just really had a hipshot feeling about this but it 99.9% isn't right now that I'm actually thinking about it

I think a lot of people have been saying why they found Z a little sketch

and hasn't Fire been a complete ghost???? find that really sketch doodles with a marker

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I mostly only voted Shish because he was being antagonistic, I sat on that vote because of that and how I thought because of his abrasiveness (which he usually isn't, he's usually more mellow) that it was a sign for something but we all know how that went

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Although in his defense mafia wants the inactive people.... IN LOL idk I just really had a hipshot feeling about this but it 99.9% isn't right now that I'm actually thinking about it
ALSO in his defense it makes no sense to keep me over anyone else LOL

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I mostly only voted Shish because he was being antagonistic, I sat on that vote because of that and how I thought because of his abrasiveness (which he usually isn't, he's usually more mellow) that it was a sign for something but we all know how that went
Does this mean you didn't have any actual scum reads for D1? Or were they just not worth pushing over the antagonistic play Shish had going?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Results:
  • Shishœ: 5 (Pokechu, Laundry, KY Joey, Fire Emblemier, Kantrip)
  • Thirdkoopa: 1 (ѕoup)
  • Fire Emblemier: 4 (Nabe, Thirdkoopa, Shishœ, Ryker)
  • Kantrip: 1 (Z25)
I'm me!

Laundry is Laundry, I think I was only considering him as scum because I hadn't played with him before and I wasn't liking how he was coming off in some posts? Seemed artificial almost

Fire is a ghost

Lemme look at Joey's and Kan's posts

I kinda like Joey though, I'd put him in my town pile

Him and Soup

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Does this mean you didn't have any actual scum reads for D1? Or were they just not worth pushing over the antagonistic play Shish had going?
By the end of it I saw what someone said about Z and him acting sketch that's also why I said I'd declare war on him but I'm not sure what caught my eye now. I'll try and ponder about that still waves hand around orb

Kantrip

Kantplay
Im so sure Pokechus town.

The thing with this setup is scum can never kill anyone ever. We can use situations like this to guarantee cleared slots see endgame and just lynch the rest.

I'm not saying it necessarily makes sense for this phase but it's something to keep in mind if we ever strongly feel a nominated slot is town.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
By the end of it I saw what someone said about Z and him acting sketch that's also why I said I'd declare war on him but I'm not sure what caught my eye now. I'll try and ponder about that still waves hand around orb
some of it was how Z usually isn't as... oblivious? I said last day "I'd kill Laundry because I'm scared of making new friends :(:(:(" (at that time I wasn't really serious) and Z took it seriously

It's those small interactions, obviously that's not a real or serious read yet Z still reacted to it kind of awkwardly? IDK

Top Bottom