• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Esports Arena Announces North America's First Esport Truck

Esports is hitting the road.

Esports Arena (ESA), the company behind the eponymous event venue chain, announced on Mar. 15 that it has begun production on Esports Arena Drive, a broadcasting and production truck that intends to bring esports where ever possible in the United States.

Esports Arena Drive Trailer

The Californian company will launch Esports Arena Drive as its third location in the Summer of 2017. The concept takes inspiration from the success of ESA's European sister-company ELC Gaming's Big Betty, the world's first mobile esports truck. Big Betty itself was debuted at the Gamescom 2016 convention in Cologne, Germany.

“Esports Arena Drive will be able to connect our existing Arena’s to all regions across the country, launch nationwide tours, amplify existing esports events, and even bring esports to non-gaming events in one streamlined operation,” said Paul Ward, co-founder and CEO of ESA. “Esports Arena Drive will provide a new and unique experience to the North American esports industry.”

When touching on the subject of the Smash Community, Ward had this to say: "We've had tremendous success with regional community leaders in SoCal. Imagine what we can bring to multiple Smash communities across the country at the drop of a hat. Every Smash community now has the opportunity to host their own major."

2GGC: Midwest Mayhem Saga
Photo Credit: @2GGLakitu
ESA is North America’s first dedicated eSports facility. The Arena is a 15,000 square foot facility that launched in 2015 with its first location in downtown Orange County, California. Its unique modular facility allows for small to large scale highly produced eSports and entertainment events.

Being the home of several other gaming communities in Southern California, ESA is known to be the epicenter of SoCal's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U competitive scene and is the venue that hosts 2GGaming's weekly & premier Saga events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Oh wow, that is extremely hype!

From the title I was assuming it would be a broadcast van, but its a damn mobile arena.

Very excited for what this means for the esports scene as a whole.

Oh wow, that is extremely hype!

From the title I was assuming it would be a broadcast van, but its a damn mobile arena.

Very excited for what this means for the esports scene as a whole.
I thought this was some food truck with a TV... then I realized it's an actual mobile arena lmao
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was basically a food truck with a TV in it lol
Note to self: Do not use the word Truck when describing a mobile esports arena. Readers will think "food truck" if used. Got it. Lol

Last edited:
Note to self: Do not use the word Truck when describing a mobile esports arena. Readers will think "food truck" if used. Got it. Lol
Yeah it just seems slightly underselling it.

'arena trailer'
'e-sports 18-wheeler'
'mobile arena'

would all be fine

'esport truck'
reminds us of that meme with ppl playing in their car

Yeah it just seems slightly underselling it.

'arena trailer'
'e-sports 18-wheeler'
'mobile arena'

would all be fine

'esport truck'
reminds us of that meme with ppl playing in their car
It's just funny how Esports Arena used the same word to describe their trailer x)

Top Bottom