• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
I agree because Splatoon 2 is selling quite well for a series that's only 5 years old and also the fact that it is the first multiplayer shooter franchise in Smash that has a core gameplay focused on weapons according to Smash Wiki. Octoling would be our Splatoon 2 rep and so both games are going to be more or less equal in terms of content in Smash (I associate Moray Towers as a Splatoon 1 stage).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I agree because Splatoon 2 is selling quite well for a series that's only 5 years old and also the fact that it is the first multiplayer shooter franchise in Smash that has a core gameplay focused on weapons according to Smash Wiki. Octoling would be our Splatoon 2 rep and so both games are going to be more or less equal in terms of content in Smash (I associate Moray Towers as a Splatoon 1 stage).
I really really hope MC.Princess Diaries (Final Fest Shifty Station) is their stage 🥺

it even has an Octo Expansion reference in the background, you know which one

I wonder how many ppl who hadn’t played OE were spoiled during Final Fest

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't have to be that stage. The stage could also be anything from Splatoon 2 like a Salmon Run stage or most likely an Octo Expansion stage. The idea of Shifty Station stage could be extended to randomly picked Shifty Station.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
This was at the time of Piranha Plant's reveal. Random clip I thought I would share if that's ok with all of you. Features our one and only character. At least Octoling is acknowledged.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Have a lovely Tree Day folks!

You know, after they posted this picture they did that infamous Save Our salmons pic... I know COVID threw a wrench in release plans but... what if we get something Splatoon related next year?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
anyone else read the splatoon manga? im a bit infrequent with getting volumes but ive just got to the octo expansion arch

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
one thing I’m surprised hasn’t been made a mode is a splat-off mode: whomever splats the most opponents when time’s up OR reaches a certain amount of splatted opponents wins

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
A FFA mode and/or a 3-4 team mode would be nice to shift things up in Splatoon 3. Going along with that, I'd also think having some (not all) splatfests with more than two teams would make things more interesting, and open up some new possibilities for splatfests.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i should be grinding loadouts for splatfest

but one of my splatoon buddies got COVID and im worrying if he'll have to go to the hospital. i can't in good conscience do it right now

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mario fest is in a few days and I still haven’t prepared

someone motivate me

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
do we even know what shifty station they'll use?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyway, still need motivation to prep for splatfest. my friend is now COVID-free and didn't need hospital but im worried he'll become a long hauler... and im too far behind probably

eh imma play both teams anyway but still. give me your booyahs or something

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
I dont know if anyone here has vr but I was exploring places in vr chat and there are some splatoon locations you can visit in vr. I was checking otu inkopolis square and there's the metro as well. It's interesting to see these locations in vr.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Pearl isn't short anymore. Marina is the new Pearl (when talking about height) in this artwork.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You can also register for the online challenge if you're participating in the Splatfest to win a coin.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
For some reason none of the Mario 35th challenges can be done anywhere apart from US and Canada.

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought adding splatfests with more than two sides would be a nice way to shake things up a bit in Splatoon 3, and that would be an excellent three sided one. One for each piece of the Triforce.

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
It's been a while since i last played splatoon 2 but i guess i'll play this splatfest. i think splatoon is a lot of fun ideas, it's just i never like palying shooters with a controller. it'd be cool if nintendo would release some games on pc. splatoon with a mouse and keyboard, now that would be incredible.

Top Bottom