• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just realized the Octoling wig is of the ENEMY version, not the OE version

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Yep for some reason. I think it's mainly because Sakurai focused on Splatoon 1 content in this game which is weird in my eyes considering Splatoon 1 isn't on Switch which is understandable.

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
Just realized the Octoling wig is of the ENEMY version, not the OE version
The latter which everyone here strongly prefers. It's better than nothing. But now, we have to wait several years for the next installment. We didn't get Pearl and Marina Mii costumes either. Nor will we, until possibly next installment. Since this was the finale, we can't get our hopes up for anything else regarding this game.

The Switch lifespan could go on for at least a few more years.

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Future spirit events haven't been ruled out yet. I guess we could speculate on which Splatoon 3 spirits we'll get if it happens.

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
We recently learned more about Splatoon 3, but we didn't get the release timing yet, other than it's coming next year. It will most likely come next summer.

Let's face it, Sora was one of the all-time most requested fighters, alongside Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo. All of them made it in. We may never get Waluigi because Nintendo likes perpetually making him wait for his time to shine, like it will never happen. Krystal hasn't been in a Star Fox game in over a decade, and she ended up being an Assist Trophy, instead of a playable character. Isaac at least got a Mii costume, as did Bomberman, and now "Doom Guy".

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
As of October 21st, the entire Newcomer Speculation board will close. Everything will be read-only from here on out.

With Sora confirmed as the last fighter for this installment, the time has come. Newcomer Speculation has run its course. Once Challenger Pack #11 goes live next Monday the 18th, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will finally be a 100% completed game. Many dreams were fulfilled, and many were crushed. It will be several years before we get the next installment. The Octoling wig, which can be worn with the Inkling Gunner outfits, is the best thing we have until then.

For now, Sakurai finally gets a break from the series. He finally has a chance to work on something else as well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As of October 21st, the entire Newcomer Speculation board will close. Everything will be read-only from here on out.

With Sora confirmed as the last fighter for this installment, the time has come. Newcomer Speculation has run its course. Once Challenger Pack #11 goes live next Monday the 18th, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will finally be a 100% completed game. Many dreams were fulfilled, and many were crushed. It will be several years before we get the next installment. The Octoling wig, which can be worn with the Inkling Gunner outfits, is the best thing we have until then.

For now, Sakurai finally gets a break from the series. He finally has a chance to work on something else as well.
dont forget to check out the splatoon general in nintenzone

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
There we go. Challenger Pack #11 is now live, and after almost three years since the game hit the market, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now officially a 100% completed game. It would've been nice to have an Octoling Gunner outfit as well, plus a sanitized Octoling wig, but oh well. I just have the Octolling wig with the Inkling Gunner outfit.

Piranha Plant was the only DLC fighter not to be part of a Challenger Pack. That's because Piranha Plant was intended to be a base roster character, but wasn't ready in time.

Now, Sakurai can enjoy his break from the series. Wonder what he'll be working on next? We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Well, while Octoling didn't make it this time, they're pretty much a shoo-in for Smash 6. So we at least have that to look forward to.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, last day for this subforum to be open

it’s been fun, guys. I really enjoyed the alt palettes someone made several pages back. I think the fact we got a hat of the enemy octolings, could mean they’re considering the OE/Splatoon 3 playable Octolings for next time. I hope so

until then…

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, last day for this subforum to be open

it’s been fun, guys. I really enjoyed the alt palettes someone made several pages back. I think the fact we got a hat of the enemy octolings, could mean they’re considering the OE/Splatoon 3 playable Octolings for next time. I hope so

until then…
until next time..... we'll carry on chatting in the splatoon general

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
For the mean time we can keep ourselves busy by replicating the Octoling missions like in the single player campaigns.

Also thought I thought I would showcase the Octoling Miis I have made in both Smash Bros and in the Mii Maker on Nintendo Switch so you can use the ones I created on Mii Maker in other games.
Octoling Mii Pics

Last edited:
Top Bottom