• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey everyone you know when Sakurai said about keeping figurines/figures in his drawer. Do you think it impacts Octolings chances. People are doing a whole theory around it.
It might, as he said the last two fighters had figurines

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Hey everyone you know when Sakurai said about keeping figurines/figures in his drawer. Do you think it impacts Octolings chances. People are doing a whole theory around it.
Byleth and Min Min didn't have figures prior to their Smash additions, so I think Figure Theory is dumb as hell.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

they said they’d keep rerunning splatfests until March 31

what if the next rerun... is Chaos vs Order? It’ll be the last rerun too since Splatoon 3 may have a Testfire probably before the end of the year

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know

they said they’d keep rerunning splatfests until March 31

what if the next rerun... is Chaos vs Order? It’ll be the last rerun too since Splatoon 3 may have a Testfire probably before the end of the year
I don't think so given that it clearly influenced the story of Splatoon 3. What if Order wins this time? It'd kind of delegitimize the direction they took.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think so given that it clearly influenced the story of Splatoon 3. What if Order wins this time? It'd kind of delegitimize the direction they took.
that is a good point but im not sure theyd be that bothered. maybe they should redo cake vs ice cream and end the way they started

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
that is a good point but im not sure theyd be that bothered. maybe they should redo cake vs ice cream and end the way they started
Maybe it’ll be for an Order-themed DLC for Splatoon 3 if Order wins the rerun, kinda like Octo Expansion?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The female looks to be of the enemy female octoling, not the playable one, though :c playable female Octos are the cutest

though the male Octo Kirby is heckin adorbs

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Whoa whoa whoa, how have I not posted in here yet? Well, let's fix that:

Hello, fellow fresh kids. I am an Octoling supporter, and I think they would be just swell in Smash. Like, really cool. So cool.

I'mma probably cry tears of happiness if it somehow happens, it's a longshot I know but dang it they're so wholesome 'cause all Splatoon characters are so wholesome and they'd be so much fun and aaaaaaaaaaaa

Ahem

Anyways, yeah, feel free to add me to that support list. :nifty:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Whoa whoa whoa, how have I not posted in here yet? Well, let's fix that:

Hello, fellow fresh kids. I am an Octoling supporter, and I think they would be just swell in Smash. Like, really cool. So cool.

I'mma probably cry tears of happiness if it somehow happens, it's a longshot I know but dang it they're so wholesome 'cause all Splatoon characters are so wholesome and they'd be so much fun and aaaaaaaaaaaa

Ahem

Anyways, yeah, feel free to add me to that support list. :nifty:
done, welcome aboard

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, Octolings are the subspecies of Octarians, it just refers to the species, not the factions.
Well I was mostly joking

Although that reminds me of a theory I had where the vast majority of octarians were genetically engineered and only the ocotlings were natural and they’d all been hypnotised by octavius

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp

I guess we won’t get any more reruns...last I checked they said more reruns aside from Mariofest until March 31, and the only other rerun after Mayo vs Ketchup is Trick vs Treat...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What themes of Splatfests would you expect for Splatoon 3?

Paraster

Smash Lord
What themes of Splatfests would you expect for Splatoon 3?
Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook would be fun. Since we'll probably have new hosts, we wouldn't need to worry about either potentially being biased towards themself, and we wouldn't need to worry about fans being biased by one of the two sides staring them down as they vote.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook would be fun. Since we'll probably have new hosts, we wouldn't need to worry about either potentially being biased towards themself, and we wouldn't need to worry about fans being biased by one of the two sides staring them down as they vote.
they always got for the member of the pop duo they prefer

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I also wonder if they’ll reuse the Shifty Station concept or something similar

I’m really dying to see what new gameplay concepts they come up with

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I also wonder if they’ll reuse the Shifty Station concept or something similar

I’m really dying to see what new gameplay concepts they come up with
im sure we all are, im looking forward to new weapons and new versions of old favourites

Top Bottom