• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
The question one we need to absolutely know is will the last character be at the Game Awards though?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The question one we need to absolutely know is will the last character be at the Game Awards though?
Probably not. Unless they announce MORE dlc which I’m starting to doubt at this point. I’m calling Dual reveal at June earliest, September latest.

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Since Rex now has an enhanced spirit when he previously didn't. If Octolings make it to smash they should allow us to enhance the enemy Octoling spirit to Elite Octoling as shown below.
From
Octoling.png
Octoling to
Elite Octoling.png
Elite Octoling

Probably not. Unless they announce MORE dlc which I’m starting to doubt at this point. I’m calling Dual reveal at June earliest, September latest.
They may do shadow drop updates like we had with Small Battlefield.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I had a theory that Octolings will be the last DLC

Ultimate started with Splatoon and it’ll end with Splatoon

right? Only seems fitting?
in much the same way they started smash 4 with animal crossing and ended with ani... hold on

ok well maybe more like brawl where they started with kirby and ended with kir...

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
How likely do you all think we'll get Octoling as one of the final two.

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Also how likely do you all think we will have more shadow dropped updates like Small Battlefield. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
The fact we haven't seen an Octoling Mii Costume yet raises some eyebrows. It's suspicious. Besides Splatoon is starting to be one of Nintendo's biggest IPs. It will help the series if Nintendo promotes it further.

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
I would say it's a guarantee to see Off the Hook because of the Final Splatfest. I would also say the Squid Sisters also because they're iconic to the series. Maybe Mr. Grizz because of the Save our Salmons tweet could been hinting at the plot of the story mode. Salmonids for sure because we have little buddy and I think Salmonids are going to play a bigger part in Splatoon 3 but not as bad guys. I ain't sure about the rest.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s an unexpected choice: Dedf1sh. Probably in that supposed Order City we saw in the background on the train

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Everyone remember the datamined 16 slots in World of Light. In the Cutting Room Floor website it shows the progress of those slots. This may not mean much but still worth a look.
Here it is: Placeholder Fighter Slots
Eh... the CSS limit is still at 91 atm before crashing tho. Starting to think it IS a hardware issue and Ultimate Deluxe on a stronger switch may be the best bet to getting more than 91 fighters maximum...

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
How do you know it's going to crash at 91. Also I hope they can push it to perfect square on both unstacked and stacked because they have used all the space they can. So that means maybe four echoes releasing afterwards with no set deadline. As you did see with one update it removed slots so maybe it could happen again.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How do you know it's going to crash at 91. Also I hope they can push it to perfect square because they have used all the space they can. So that means maybe four echoes releasing afterwards with no set deadline. As you did see with one update it removed slots so maybe it could happen again.
A modder discovered the crash after 91 bug and I guess they found that it still crashes even now. Idk all the details

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I do, but in the end it’s Sakurai’s choice

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's true at the end of the day. If more fighters happen after this it would be truly be the final one because of the crash at more than 91. The fighters would have to be echoes because of the 91 crash. They would be available for free in my opinion because it's a copy of an already existing fighter. Also echoes would come with a couple of music tracks. It would be similar to be Piranha Plant were there was just a spirit of the fighter and the usual stuff but in addition they would come with extra music tracks and maybe spirits. If there are new spirits then it wouldn't be in a DLC Spirit Board it would be in the standard spirit board like the post-game release spirits are.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
You know, I just noticed/realized something; I don't think Splatsville has/uses Zapfish. I didn't see a Great Zapfish in Splatsville. (It could be that it was already taken.) It could be possible they use a different power source and rescuing the Great Zapfish may not apart of the Storyline this time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know, I just noticed/realized something; I don't think Splatsville has/uses Zapfish. I didn't see a Great Zapfish in Splatsville. (It could be that it was already taken.) It could be possible they use a different power source and rescuing the Great Zapfish may not apart of the Storyline this time.
Well it is supposed to be far away from inkopolis

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
God I just want more Splatoon 3 info already, I remember Splatoon 2 having a much more steady trickle of info before release

we don’t even know this game’s signature music duo yet

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
That'd be fine but, less likely. Fans seem to go nuts whenever female characters are introduced. Marina basically crashed the internet. (I'm joking.)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
part of me wants a single character. as much as i love the back and forth between the squid sisters and off the hook it annoys me that fans pick one of the two of them for the splatfest. the whole point of the splatfest is to pick a side not youre favourite of the two of the duo. execpt of course for the callie vs marie splatfest would have been hilarious if callie was on marie's side and vice versa

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Or a new group. The bands in world seems like they'd be hard to make models for.

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone you know when Sakurai said about keeping figurines/figures in his drawer. Do you think it impacts Octolings chances. People are doing a whole theory around it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey everyone you know when Sakurai said about keeping figurines/figures in his drawer. Do you think it impacts Octolings chances. People are doing a whole theory around it.
is it any different from the last time he said that and people started on their theories?

Top Bottom