• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
On the one hand, I would love to see how they'd so Cyberpunk Splatoon...
...but on the other hand, I think Chaos winning was for the best since it seems like it'll be more distinct and different from classic Splatoon than Order would have been.
Well we may never know for sure

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Do you think Inkling Boy will have the same "survivor" style design?

Who do we think the main villain will be in Splatoon 3? (I'm not sure it'll be DJ Octavio again.)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do you think Inkling Boy will have the same "survivor" style design?

Who do we think the main villain will be in Splatoon 3? (I'm not sure it'll be DJ Octavio again.)
Based on the trailer I think they’ve abandoned the concept of specific genders like with animal crossing

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Inklings and Octolings (playable) will be playable in the same story mode instead of just Inklings in Octo Canyon and Octolings in the Octo Expansion.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Despite the direct allegedly focusing on 2021 games, I'm surprised how much attention Nintendo is giving Splatoon 3. I absolutely adore the Mad Max aesthetic, and if Ultimate's DLC cycle extends into 2022, I fully expect another Splatoon fighter to tie in with the release of the third game.

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
It might just be Splatsville. (The name of the new location it's in Nintendo of America's Twitter account.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Maybe the part of Splatsville we end up in is a sort of "slum" area of the city or something? Because if that's the case, the "order" part might be part of a larger story involving "VIVA LA RESISTANCE"-level stuff or something.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah. The reveal of Splatoon 3 took me totally off guard last night, but now that I've digested it, I really can't wait.

Also, I'm already digging the new look of the "default/postergirl" Inkling:

But long hair is no longer (luckily because a lot of the male hair sucked) girl exclusive so it could be for change a male inkling then again they picked a right choice and normaly the male versions of Characters are listed first (probably because 12-20 year old boys look more "neutral")

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Anyone think the Salmonid (Little Buddy) will get captured and become a Salmonling? At the very least I think there is more to him in the Story Mode than him just being a cute companion.
Well I doubt the salmonling thing as it would become a chum. But it does sound plausible

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Anyone think the Salmonid (Little Buddy) will get captured and become a Salmonling? At the very least I think there is more to him in the Story Mode than him just being a cute companion.
I think the little Salmonid will be almost like a dog companion, like on the Fallout games or in some iterations of CoD.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Funny. A lot of TF2/Splatoon memes were going around a while ago, and now we have a new Splatoon game set in the badlands, I mean splatlands.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
spaltoon 3 just reinforces my belief that the octolings are inevitable for smash, although the one character i was most optimistic about getting in being left out has made me rather more cynical and now i worry theyll just be an alt

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Octoling in this Fighter's Pass could be a Roy and Hero situation where they have Splatoon 3 mechanics with Octoling before Splatoon 3 comes out. Who knows. It depends when the Splatoon 3 testfire happens.

Last edited:

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
If we get Octoling in Smash, I can see 3 Octoling girls, 3 Octoling boys, an enemy Octoling, and a Sanitized Octoling.

In Splatoon 2, Octoling hairstyle varieties were lacking, but that should definitely be fixed in Splatoon 3. Hopefully, we get the enemy Octoling hairstyle, which even turns you into the enemy Octoling, and kelp as headgear. In Splatoon 3, Octolings should be playable from the get-go.

It's not certain if the Squid Sisters or Off the Hook will be in Splatoon 3, but not much is known about the game yet. I am surprised that it's still going to be on the current-gen Switch. Given that it will not be set in Inkopolis, maybe they'll make this game really stand out from Splatoon 2.

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
Splatoon 3 definitely needs the option to leave the waiting screen, so you're not forced to wait until something happens.

They must bring back the Squid Jump game and the others, which were excluded from Splatoon 2. Maybe have an arcade full of those Squid-themed subgames. They were only in the original Splatoon, which was on Wii U. All Splatoon 2 had was a jukebox.

Because Splatoon 3 won't be set in Inkopolis, it may not have any stages from either of the previous installments. Cap'n Cuttlefish may not be in the game. He wasn't in the base version of Splatoon 2, but Cap did make his return in the Octo Expansion. Hopefully, it could still be possible to see the Squid Sisters or Off the Hook in some way.

All Ranked Battle types should be available 24/7, sharing the same stages, with every type having a separate rank meter, so you no longer have to wait for the next Tower Control, Splat Zones, etc. They can even have Splatfest Ranked Battles, so you can increase your rank and your Splatfest points at the same time. That way, Splatfests won't be just nothing but Turf War anymore. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 matches would also make things interesting, so we get four teams in a match. Definitely big improvements over Splatoon 2. Maybe include shooter minigames as well.

They should release a physical version of Splatoon 2 with the Octo Expansion already there. It can be called "Splatoon 2 + Octo Expansion". It may be too late for that, as it's been almost three years since Octo Expansion went live.

Top Bottom