• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yup, im feeling it

octoling will be in this pass and include octo expansion music and, if there's a splatoon 3 demo before e3, early splat 3 music

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
More news!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Say, I can't help but wonder if Splatoon 3's gonna have its own BR mode or something. I mean, the way they drop into the arena in that Turf War looks an awful lot like how you'd do it in a battle royale...or maybe it's just to keep up with the post-apocalyptic aesthetic of it all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
but i also think yall know what else is an inevitability

Evil Marina. y'all ain't ready

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Its been obvious for a while now, but I love when Splatoon is treated like one of Nintendo's biggest draws. I remember being hooked on the original Wii U testfire (splatatatata-splatoon!) and to see it become one of the big boys warms my heart.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Fan art already? That was fast. (Also it was a train not a bus.)

Since Inkling Girl's hair here is Yellow; I'd say Inkling Boy's hair will be Purple.

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
One thing I hope doesn't happen is for Octoling to be a Mii Costume because of Pyra and Mythra releasing this March.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
1st. Does it play in a diffrent time or in a diffrent Place i mean Japan becomming a Dessert seems Unlikely
it could be America

2nd. also because im now a hipster Baby (take that Grogu or the Dumb(im too young to be more vulgar) nut)
here is a baby inkling
i didnt found the yougest version

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
1st. Does it play in a diffrent time or in a diffrent Place i mean Japan becomming a Dessert seems Unlikely
it could be America

2nd. also because im now a hipster Baby (take that Grogu or the Dumb(im too young to be more vulgar) nut)
here is a baby inkling
i didnt found the yougest version
im fairly certain its france. i take it you missed/forgot the eifile tower was in the trailer?

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
As expected, this thread is basically a Splatoon 3 hype thread right now. I'm as hyped as you all are.

Just be ready to accept that the next year will probably be spent analysing this one trailer as we might not get more news for a long time.

Additionally, I now believe the infamous 'SAVE OUR SALMONS' New Year's 2020 official artwork was, in fact, teasing a Splatoon 3 reveal later that year, but it got delayed due to COVID-19.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As expected, this thread is basically a Splatoon 3 hype thread right now. I'm as hyped as you all are.

Just be ready to accept that the next year will probably be spent analysing this one trailer as we might not get more news for a long time.

Additionally, I now believe the infamous 'SAVE OUR SALMONS' New Year's 2020 official artwork was, in fact, teasing a Splatoon 3 reveal later that year, but it got delayed due to COVID-19.
Calling it now, the storyline will be Marina working with Mr. Grizz to harvest the Salmonids, maybe Marina’s being brainwashed by Mr. Grizz and we gotta save her and the Salmonids

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Calling it now, the storyline will be Marina working with Mr. Grizz to harvest the Salmonids, maybe Marina’s being brainwashed by Mr. Grizz and we gotta save her and the Salmonids
I hate for them just to rehash stuff from last time

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Remembered to check SquidBoards after the announcement and... not even a new mainline game can get that site active again. It's kinda sad when you look at it.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Anyone else wondering what it would have been like if order won?
Probably something cyberpunk-esque, with a bunch of metal and neon lights everywhere. If the Splatoon 3 we got is putting its stages in "nature," I think an Order version would emphasize cities, high-tech facilities, and industrial areas.
...more than Splatoon 1 and 2 already did, that is.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Probably something cyberpunk-esque, with a bunch of metal and neon lights everywhere. If the Splatoon 3 we got is putting its stages in "nature," I think an Order version would emphasize cities, high-tech facilities, and industrial areas.
...more than Splatoon 1 and 2 already did, that is.
That actually sounds pretty cool

Staarih

Smash Master
Anyone else getting more hyped the more they think about it?
Yeah. The reveal of Splatoon 3 took me totally off guard last night, but now that I've digested it, I really can't wait.

Also, I'm already digging the new look of the "default/postergirl" Inkling:

Top Bottom