• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 8/6/11 Will You Leave Your Chao...Forever?

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
I will probably be giving away what I don't sell on eBay, expect some good ****
Dude Slashy .... like in the nicest possible way , what you're doing is weird as **** and you need to stop...

I thought you would stop after trying to give away food from your fridge.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I liked my second time at the ZP Monthly.
I was happy to present a Pikachu Card from Base Set 1 TCG to ESAM and it was nice of my nephew to give his Pikachu doll to ESAM. We thought about him. It was very nice to see Vinnie in person. I liked bringing a whole lot of Pretzels and offering them to everyone. For those that had some, I thank you. Made me feel good. I was a little sad that Slashy, 8bitman and DFEAR could not attend.

I got to play a whole lot of Friendlies this time around. It was good preparation till the real deal happened. It was the first time I ever fought in a pool to earn my spot for the Singles bracket. A shame I did not go further compared to last time. I thank my niece for cheering me up, as well as my friend Proto Man X. I also thank Vinnie and Xaltis for cheering me up as well.

I was happy to have met Screk on justin.tv and showing up. Got to meet him in person. I was also happy to meet D-Torr for the first time in person. I want to thank Masky, Xaltis, and Snipa for the advice they gave me. Hopefully I'll tweak out those problems in my gameplay and to learn the match ups. MVD and Mink, I thank you guys for giving me props.
Our ride had already arrived early, I said goodbye to some of you before I left. I was glad to give one last hug to Vinnie before we had to leave.

I will be training day and night like I did before and hope to attend the next event.
I wish more people were like this guy.

----

also, is esam leaving FL or something? like...what happens in june and why is it making people sad...or am i just completely confused.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Dude Slashy .... like in the nicest possible way , what you're doing is weird as **** and you need to stop...

I thought you would stop after trying to give away food from your fridge.

Really Snipa? Really?

I never thought someone giving away legit stuff for free could actually bother someone.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I need to get more practice over here with some bowser.
I need to practice some spacing.

Whether or not i beat your bowser, gimme some MU help next time we're together.
I've only seen a small handful of bowsers. And none of them had any problems losing.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I need to get more practice over here with some bowser.
I need to practice some spacing.

Whether or not i beat your bowser, gimme some MU help next time we're together.
I've only seen a small handful of bowsers. And none of them had any problems losing.
Bowser MU practice...
Man, it must SUCK to be low-tier. XD
If Serg is at this, ask him too. His Bowser is ****.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay cool.
Cause my mind tells me that i shouldn't be grabbed or Fsmashd due to ... being puff.
And bowser's a big as **** target.

We'll find out.

pesticide

Smash Lord
I liked my second time at the ZP Monthly.
I was happy to present a Pikachu Card from Base Set 1 TCG to ESAM and it was nice of my nephew to give his Pikachu doll to ESAM. We thought about him. It was very nice to see Vinnie in person. I liked bringing a whole lot of Pretzels and offering them to everyone. For those that had some, I thank you. Made me feel good. I was a little sad that Slashy, 8bitman and DFEAR could not attend.

I got to play a whole lot of Friendlies this time around. It was good preparation till the real deal happened. It was the first time I ever fought in a pool to earn my spot for the Singles bracket. A shame I did not go further compared to last time. I thank my niece for cheering me up, as well as my friend Proto Man X. I also thank Vinnie and Xaltis for cheering me up as well.

I was happy to have met Screk on justin.tv and showing up. Got to meet him in person. I was also happy to meet D-Torr for the first time in person. I want to thank Masky, Xaltis, and Snipa for the advice they gave me. Hopefully I'll tweak out those problems in my gameplay and to learn the match ups. MVD and Mink, I thank you guys for giving me props.
Our ride had already arrived early, I said goodbye to some of you before I left. I was glad to give one last hug to Vinnie before we had to leave.

I will be training day and night like I did before and hope to attend the next event.
hey ive played this guy on wifi! lol. sounds like a nice/awesome dude

Master Raven

Smash Master
8bit convince your brothers to come here. I don't wanna see another really good player pop up briefly only to disappear and never seen again *cough*Underground*cough*

8Bitman

Smash Master
AMEN!!!! I ask them at least everyday. We (I, Jason is already off of school.) will be off for summer by this event. So reguardless I am making them come.

Also ESAM!! WE'RE BRINGING A WII!!!!! =DDDDDDDDDDD

DFEAR

Smash Hero
underground won an mvc tourney. he doesnt need brawl. he can make 400x more money now =D. he beat fm...twice

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lmao what is it with brawl players and Marvel?

Speaking of, I bought a 360 and Mahvel todaayyyyyy hypppeee.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
greenace is still > than everyone in florida atm :\ hes undefeated as ****kkk, btw sellin my stick if yall *****s want it (new mvc tourney edition 360 usb)

8Bitman

Smash Master
I hate MvC3... The button commands confuzzle me...

It tells me to do directions that aren't humanly possible.. T_T

8Bitman

Smash Master
I would definitely agree with Mink on that one.

Because all of my school friends always talk about smash and bragging about it (And then I invite them to our house and my brothers and I R-A-P-E them.). And almost none of them play MvC3, but two of my really close friends that I hang out with almost every day, got into it and they instantly started practicing and doing sick combos and such.. They never really fooled around in it, and they aren't that type to do so. So I think that makes it more of a Skill-based game rather than a "OH LET'S PLAY WITH ITEMS ON! I BROUGHT MY WIIMOTE!!! =DDD" type of game.

MvC3 really isn't a begginner game though which is why if you're going to play it, put time into it... I don't have that time now.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I would definitely agree with Mink on that one.

Because all of my school friends always talk about smash and bragging about it (And then I invite them to our house and my brothers and I R-A-P-E them.). And almost none of them play MvC3, but two of my really close friends that I hang out with almost every day, got into it and they instantly started practicing and doing sick combos and such.. They never really fooled around in it, and they aren't that type to do so. So I think that makes it more of a Skill-based game rather than a "OH LET'S PLAY WITH ITEMS ON! I BROUGHT MY WIIMOTE!!! =DDD" type of game.

MvC3 really isn't a begginner game though which is why if you're going to play it, put time into it... I don't have that time now.
I didn't say MvC3 is a beginner game. I said......

MvC3 is pretty easy to get into, arguably the easiest fighting game at a starter level.

Only at a really high level is where it starts to get difficult and demanding.
When you first start playing, outside of getting used to Magic Series, it's really easy at the start. When you start playing people, then you start to see various levels of difficulty. Playing with friends casually is obviously different than playing with higher end level players, but that's almost every competitive fighting game. The same way you say "if you're going to play (a game), put time into it." That applies to everything competition.

Lots of pros don't like MvC3 due to this game being catered more for novice players.
A game that contrasts this ideal is MK9, where skill is rewarded. To do good damage (40%-60%+), you have to know the advanced combos and the advanced setups. In MvC3, you can do "Day 1" combos with certain characters and do great damage. Viscant, a MvC3 pro from the West Coast, said it best. He was trying out Richard Nguyen's Dante combos, which require a lot of dexterity, and was only getting 700K damage while Dante's normal string can get 600K without much work.

Regarding Smash, it is easy to get into, but I have no one around me to play. Why is that? People look at Smash and see Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, and whatever other kiddie character is there and say they can beat everyone. Then they play either Legion or I and either continue to play because they see the work we put into becoming good or they get distraught and never play again because they thought their game could only be played one way (like a party game). At a point in time, I was getting good practice because the players at my school were all competent. They've either quit for something else or don't have the time for it, something you said that MvC3 requires to be good. Everything requires time to be good (barring certain circumstances).

I wish Smash was the easiest game to get into. That way, I would've been good so much sooner. I've spent 3 years playing this game and went from the bottom to a respectable place within that time. I may not be a prodigy that just is good from the start. I had to scratch and claw my way to become the player I am right now.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
imagine streetfighter. u would be put up against players who have been playing for 7+yrs

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
imagine streetfighter. u would be put up against players who have been playing for 7+yrs
I'm in this category, as I've been playing fighting games competitively for 10 years.

I'm not that good though, compared to the highest level. My "growth" was stunted when I moved to Florida in 2001. There was no Arcade in distance for me to go to like in NY. I'm happy for SFIV to reinvigorate the scene, with the addition of online play.

Top Bottom