• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eruption seems to be blue now

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Just wanted to point this out, since the orange/red flames of Eruption has really annoyed me since Ike is supposed to be 'the Hero of Blue Flames'.. In the new Smash trailer which revealed Robin/Lucina, Ike uses what looks to be Eruption and it has blue fire now.

Might not seem warranting of a thread, but I feel like plenty of others were bothered by the Eruption colors when it was shown on the Smashbros website, and I think like this little tidbit was looked over in the new trailer.

Pics:

As silly as it may seem, I feel a lot more satisfied regarding Ike now. :)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
This is excellent news indeed.

Again, it wasn't a big deal, but why the hell not?

•Col•

Smash Champion
This is excellent news indeed.

Again, it wasn't a big deal, but why the hell not?
Exactly how I felt. If they were going to use Eruption, couldn't they at least make it more fitting for the character by simply changing the color?? It's a nice little touch.

It literally would take just a couple minutes to go in and change the color values for the fire animation, lol. So yeah. Really happy that they did.

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Does this mean that Sakurai and his team are listening to us and making changes based on what we want??? I mean, a lot of people voiced their disdain at the return of red flames, and I don't know why they wouldn't have just made them blue in the first place if that was the original intent. Thank you based Sakurai.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Does this mean that Sakurai and his team are listening to us and making changes based on what we want??? I mean, a lot of people voiced their disdain at the return of red flames, and I don't know why they wouldn't have just made them blue in the first place if that was the original intent. Thank you based Sakurai.
Potentially?

If I had to guess, I've gotten the sense that Smash 4 is built off the Brawl engine and has had certain things copy/pasted over as placeholders.. Maybe they weren't finished with all of Ike's animations until more recently? After all, we've yet to actually see him in motion (other than the new trailer for a few second). Up until now we've only had images of him.

Or maybe even one of the players at the E3 event mentioned it to one of the Nintendo reps. I know they took suggestions from the players and wrote them down regarding gameplay, but maybe someone mentioned it as a joke. It's even possible that Nintendo is keeping it's ear to the ground and browsing websites like these to guage reactions from Smash players. It wouldn't be the craziest thing ever.

Commander

Smash Ace
Potentially?

If I had to guess, I've gotten the sense that Smash 4 is built off the Brawl engine and has had certain things copy/pasted over as placeholders.. Maybe they weren't finished with all of Ike's animations until more recently? After all, we've yet to actually see him in motion (other than the new trailer for a few second). Up until now we've only had images of him.
Changing the fire from red to blue in brawl is literally just copy and pasting Lucario's aura. There is even a mod that replaces the fire with Ganondorf's purple flames. I don't see what the engine has to do with anything.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Changing the fire from red to blue in brawl is literally just copy and pasting Lucario's aura. There is even a mod that replaces the fire with Ganondorf's purple flames. I don't see what the engine has to do with anything.
I meant to explain the fact why Eruption was orange in the first place. There is an old picture on the Smashbros Miiverse that shows Eruption and it's orange.

If it was meant to be blue from the beginning, then they would have just made it blue from the beginning if they were making it from scratch. The fact that it was originally orange leads me to believe that it may have just been transferred over from Brawl and hadn't been changed until more recently.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I meant to explain the fact why Eruption was orange in the first place. There is an old picture on the Smashbros Miiverse that shows Eruption and it's orange.

If it was meant to be blue from the beginning, then they would have just made it blue from the beginning if they were making it from scratch. The fact that it was originally orange leads me to believe that it may have just been transferred over from Brawl and hadn't been changed until more recently.
I think a number of things were (like old Final Smashes). I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more changes here and there with previously revealed characters. Mario's Idle changed as did Link's Dash Attack (I believe).

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
This actually makes sense! Not a big deal for some, but a huge deal for me.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I've nitpicked at this for awhile so it's nice to be able to get my mind off the subject :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

It's funny how it's almost the only new thing we do find out about Ike. It doesn't even have to be Eruption that Ike could have used in that scenario. Coming down from Aether would have worked, too. It's almost like Sakurai just wanted us to get off his back about it. :p

I think the most interesting bit about it is how fast the flames come out and the move ends for Ike to Taunt. Pretty sure Ike lingered a bit in Brawl so it may have been sped up. :o

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm totally going to lick the blue icing off the cake.

EDIT: Careful. The cake's hot.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow, this is sweet. I mean, I never really thought Eruption NEEDED to be blue, but its a nice touch nonetheless. Seriously hoping Ike's Final Smash is updated to look like the final attack of Radiant Dawn, now!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Well, who remember's that when Zelda was revealed, it was also revealed in one of her character page pics that Donkey Kong would have a nice set of pearly white teeth? Hahaha same situation here lol

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I was watching a gif of the blue flames in the trailer, and an idea occurred to me. What if the original pic with orange Eruption isn't entirely inaccurate? What if the color of the flames changes as you charge up? Just a thought.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why does he still have Eruption when he could have his shockwave attack?
Because Roy isn't coming back and Ike needs a nod back to Roy for Roy fanboys.

Maybe he does, as his over.

Hopefully Eruption has received immense revision.
Here's hoping! We haven't seen Ike fully in play yet. Kinda disappointing that the Fire Emblem trailer doesn't actually show much gameplay for Ike, but at least we got SOME Ike gameplay.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why does he still have Eruption when he could have his shockwave attack?
Sakurai originally gave it to him in Brawl, but removed it due to balance early in development.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This is great. I know how many people wanted blue flames on my Ike's model thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is getting too much for a Fire Emblem fanboy to handle... Perfect Fire Emblem representation ahoy!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Cool! Ragnell looked cooler when it glowed orange, though, but ah well.

Now quit yer bitchin'. Heh.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
SAKURAI DOES CARE!!

(Please don't stop Sakurai, this is ****ing glorious!!)

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't be surprised if IS themselves suggested it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
SAKURAI DOES CARE!!

(Please don't stop Sakurai, this is ****ing glorious!!)
This, exactly. Sakurai does know what he's doing, he realized who the best new FE rep was, he realized Lucina would be a good clone and was very popular, he knew to fix Ike's Eruption and I'm confident he knows what he's doing with the rest of the roster at this point, namely that Ridley should be playable and DK should get more playable reps.

All of these updates have made me far more confident that Sakurai is aware of the best things to do.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Eruption making blue flames makes way too much sense. Glad they changed them.

You know what they say... Images are subject to change, indeed!

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
If they do decide to keep Great Aether (I did love that move in Brawl, but I wouldn't mind if they made it more similar to the final attack on Ashera in Radiant Dawn [or if they merged the two]), I wonder if the whole attack will be done with Blue Flames. That would be pretty cool to be honest!

I guess Red:Blue:::ike:::4myfriends:, eh?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I preferred the normal red / orange flames from Brawl's Great Aether, and in fact, I was worried they'd make it blue in Brawl. Blue flames just really isn't flashy... Like the idea is cool and all (and the flames are really blue) but nobody can deny that Brawl's Great Aether and Eruption looked badass with the realistic flames. I feel like the blue eruption will just look like megaman blowing up...

Idk I guess it's good that they went with the game's true colors I guess.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I preferred the normal red / orange flames from Brawl's Great Aether, and in fact, I was worried they'd make it blue in Brawl. Blue flames just really isn't flashy... Like the idea is cool and all (and the flames are really blue) but nobody can deny that Brawl's Great Aether and Eruption looked badass with the realistic flames. I feel like the blue eruption will just look like megaman blowing up...

Idk I guess it's good that they went with the game's true colors I guess.
Realistic flames? You suggesting that blue fire isn't real?

Oh, blue fire exists, my friend. Have you ever turned on a gas stove to see the flames as blue?

And here's a fun fact: Blue fire burns at higher temperatures than any other flame, except white. White fire is literally the hottest fire possible, with blue being a close second.

If anything, Ike's fire based moves being blue would be a testament to the power of the attack.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And here's a fun fact: Blue fire burns at higher temperatures than any other flame, except white. White fire is literally the hottest fire possible, with blue being a close second.
Huh, you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that blue is hottest.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Huh, you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that blue is hottest.
Really? Lemme check-up on that...

Oh crap, you caught me! Blue fire IS the hottest. I had thought it was white, but it turns out that white fire separates the red fire from the blue fire.

More power to Ike, I say! The hottest flames burn blue!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom