• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epitome of Surviving Horror: Leon for Smash Switch

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Well, seeing that Capcom already had two fighters in Smash (Mega Man and Ryu), I think it's highly unlikely that they would add another Capcom character into Smash.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I found a leaked trailer of Leon's Ultimate reveal:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

:troll:
That is amazing, thank you for sharing this.

Also hey, sign me up as a supporter. I enjoy the Resident Evil series, and Leon is definitely my favorite of the protagonists.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So the Richter reveal came by a few days ago. Now we know that there is the possibility that we could get newcomers in addition to newcomer echos, even for third parties. So even if Jill was the most popular RE choice in the ballot, Leon could still get in due to his immense popularity, in a similar way Richter's echo was possibly added due to him being the more popular Belmonts. Knowing this, I feel more confident about a RE character getting in more than ever.

Flaberge

Smash Rookie
Hey dude I feel the same way Leon should totally be in Smash Ultimate! I actually came up with a thread under that same title so I feel bad for that. I came up with a moveset and stuff for him, if you don't mind I'll post them here.

Leon Scott Kennedy

Leon’s weight, speed and power will be very similar to Snake’s, though Leon will be slightly lighter and weaker but faster. He is unique as a Smash Bros character as he utilizes a knife in combat, giving his attacks more reach while still having the speed of a fist fighter.

Attacks
Neutral Jab Combo: Leon takes his knife and slashes diagonally left than right in succession until he finishes with a straight stab.
Dash Attack: While running, Leon will perform a back kick (like how he does in Resident Evil 4)
Wake-up Attack: Leon gets up and slashes his knife in front of him and then behind him.
Ledge Attack: Leon gets back on the ledge with a horizontal knife slash aimed towards the ground.

Side Tilt: Leon takes his knife and performs a strong, horizontal slash. Is slower than his Neutral Jab but does more damage (resembles the knife slashing animation from Resident Evil 4).
Up Tilt: Leon takes his knife and swings it upward.
Down Tilt: While crouched, he performs a straight stab with his knife.

Neutral Air: Leon spins around with his knife drawn, slashing all around him
Forward Air: Leon takes his knife with both hands and stabs it downward. This will have a meteor effect.
Down Air: Leon kicks downward with one leg.
Backwards Air: Leon turns around and performs a reverse roundhouse kick
Up Air: Leon stabs upward with his knife.

Pummel: With while holding his opponent with one hand and his knife in the other, Leon stabs his opponent.
Up Throw: Leon puts one of his legs on his opponent for leverage and jumps, kicking his opponent in the chin and launching them upward (like how Leon escaped frontal grabs in Resident Evil 4).
Forward Throw: While gripping his knife in a reverse grip, Leon slashes his opponent horizontally.
Back Throw: Leon performs a suplex on his opponent (like what he does in Resident Evil 4).
Down Throw: Leon throws his opponent on the ground and stabs them with his knife.

Side Smash: Leon performs a powerful pivot kick (like the kick he does when he attacks an enemy struck in the head in Resident Evil 4).
Up Smash: Leon takes his knife and swings it above his head in an arch to the left and the right.
Down Smash: Leon readies two hand grenades and throws them down on either side of him, creating two explosions that hit at either side of him.

Standard Special: P.R.L 412 Laser: Leon readies his P.R.L 412 Laser and charges it up, eventually firing it in three different directions. The attack hits at three different angles and does good damage and knockback, but the weapon has to be charged completely before it is fired. If Leon is hit while it is charging, he will resume charging where he was before he was hit. This attack takes 4 seconds to charge.

Side Special: Knife Throw: Leon throws his knife at his opponent. It is not very powerful, but it is very fast and Leon can use it while running, making it good for harassment and disrupting.

Up Special: Grappling Hook: Leon throws a grappling hook and uses it to get back on a ledge. It can also be used to strike enemies and if they are in the air when grappled Leon will pull them to the ground, doing strong damage.

Down Special: Mine Thrower: Leon fires a mine dart from his mine thrower, sticking to not only opponents but to the stage and items as well. Leon can hold the button input and change the angle of trajectory with the control stick but doing so does not increase its damage or range.

Final Smash: Hasta Luego: Leon dives at the opponent and if it hits the screen will go white briefly before revealing that the character hit with the final smash has been teleported to the location of the final boss fight in Resident Evil 4. While there, the opponent will be grabbed by a mutated Osmond Saddler who will trash its neck around with them in his jaws, slamming them into the ground. Then Leon will appear perched on a higher platform with the Special Rocket Launcher from Resident Evil 4 and says “Hasta Luego” before firing it at Saddler and by extension the character in his grasp, causing a massive explosion that does massive damage.

Up Taunt: Leon takes out his knife, tosses it into the air and catches it, sighing nonchalantly while he does.
Side Taunt: Leon cups his mouth and shouts “Ashley!”
Down Taunt: Leon raises his head and puts his hand over his eyes and says “Oh no” grimly (the same thing he does when Ashley is killed).

Idle Pose #1: Leon stands there breathing slightly, occasionally taking time to look back and then forward again.
Idle Pose #2: Leon draws his knife, holds it up to inspect it, then puts it back in its sheath.

Victory Pose #1: Leon takes out his radio and speaks into it, saying “I’ve found Ashley, heading to the extraction point”.
Victory Pose #2: Leon slashes diagonally left with his knife, then proceeds to do a stab and then tosses his knife in the air, spins around and grabs it and performs a horizontal right slash (similar to what he does in his knife fight with Krauser).
Victory Pose #3: Leon looks at the camera, turns his head to the left, crosses his arms and says sarcastically “Huh, I guess you were small time”.

Symbol: Leon’s symbol is the Umbrella logo.

Design: Leon’s Design is based on his appearance in Resident Evil 4 and as such his main design is based on the main outfit he appears in throughout most of the game, with an additional red, green, blue and white colour swaps. Additionally, Leon can also appear in his jacket as he did in the first portion of the game in the village, with colour swaps of black, dark grey, light grey and dull blue. On top of that, Leon will have two alternate costumes, which would be his RPD uniform and his mafia uniform from Resident Evil 4.

Entrance: Leon gets out of the car that drove him to the village in Resident Evil 4 which will then proceed to drive away.

Stage: The Village
Leon’s stage will be the classic village from Resident Evil 4 as it is the most recognizable section of the game. The village will be very similar to the stage “Castle Siege” as it will feature transitions to different areas in the village, but aside from starting out in the same place the other areas will be chosen by random. The four different areas of the stage are;
  • The Town: This is the main part of the village and the first part of the stage where you start out. It is simple in layout; There is a main floor, a tall house on the left that can be climbed via a ladder and a shorter house on the right that can also be accessed via a ladder. Occasionally Ganado’s will appear on the stage and attack players, but they can also be defeated.
  • The Lake: This area is just a single-platform dock with a boat on the left side surrounded by water. Like the stage “Summit” a warning will be given as to which direction Del Lago will appear (as it did in Resident Evil 4) and swallow anyone in the water, knocking them out.
  • The Arena: This area of the stage will be a fenced off area that features two wooden shacks on either end and two wooden platforms floating in the air, the one on the left being lower than the one on the right. In this part of the stage El Gigante will come out and attack the players, but once he is defeated he will drop a Maxim Tomato.
  • The Church: This area has two floors, the main floor and a top floor that can be accessed via two ladders on either side of the main floor, as well as having a chandelier hanging from the top floor. Here Cultists will appear in the background and fire flaming crossbow bolts at players which they will have to avoid. The cultists cannot be defeated.

Assist Trophy: Ada Wong

Ada Wong will act as the Assist Trophy representative for the Resident Evil franchise. When summoned, she will run and jump around the stage firing explosive bolts from her Bowgun (a weapon exclusive to her in the “Separate Ways” side story in Resident Evil 4) and will also perform her Fan Kick attack in close quarters. She is also able to be knocked out like most assist trophies.

Trailer
The trailer starts out with Link running while holding Zelda by the hand through The Village. While they are running through the Village they encounter various Ganado’s, which are dispatched by Link until they are eventually cornered by a horde of them. Link readies his sword in defense, but you can see the concern on his face as the Ganado close in. However, as they are about to strike the sound of something charging up can be heard, a sound that causes the Ganado’s to turn around. There you can partially see the silhouette of Leon as he fires his P.R.L 412 laser, causing three laser beams to erupt from the gun at different angles horizontally, destroying the Ganado horde. As Link and Zelda look baffled, you can see a close up of Leon’s face as he smirks and says “I guess that’s the locals way of breaking the ice”. Then the camera zooms out, finally revealing Leon completely before they freeze the shot of his standing there with his P.R.L 412 out with a caption that reads “Leon blasts in!”

The trailer then cuts to Leon’s gameplay footage, starting out with him running towards Wario and disrupting his movement with a knife throw before Leon hits him with his dash attack and follows up with his neutral jab combo. He is then seen firing a mine dart into Chrom before performing his side smash on him, knocking him near Zero Suit Samus before the mine dart explodes, hitting them both. After that it cuts to Leon using his grappling hook to recover onto the stage, knocking Rosalina off the stage with his side tilt before meteor smashing her with his forward air before it shows him grabbing Captain Falcon, pummelling him a few times and then performing his backwards throw on him, knocking him up before hitting him with his up smash. After that it cuts to Lucario and King Dedede running towards him on opposite directions but Leon hits them both with his down smash, then it cuts to Leon on his stage The Village, showing off the various hazards before showing him on a platform charging up his P.R.L 412 laser and firing it, hitting Mario, Villager and Donkey Kong each with a different beam, causing them all to be knocked out. After all that Leon is shown to have his final smash ready and performs it on Snake before the logo for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The trailer than cuts to a cinematic of Leon surveying the village before picking up his radio and contacts Hunnigan, saying “I’ve achieved the objective, where’s the extraction point?” but Hunnigan will reply saying “Hold on Leon, we’re picking up something huge on the radar, you better check it out before…” then the radio cuts out, causing Leon to respond with “Hunnigan? Come in, Hunnnigan?!” before the camera cuts to show Ganondorf in the village, pulsating with dark energy. The camera then cuts back to Leon, who puts his radio away and draws his knife, getting ready to fight before saying “Story of my life”. The trailer then cuts to a black screen that shows the date Smash Bros. Ultimate is coming out before the trailer ends completely.
The music that plays throughout the trailer will be a rock remix of the Resident Evil 4 save theme.

Snake Codec
Snake: Hey, Mei Ling, I’ve got a guy here who looks like a male model who’s… wait you’re not Mei Ling, who are you?!

Hunnigan: Easy Snake, my name is Ingrid Hunnigan. I’m the Field Operations Support agent for Leon Scott Kennedy. And I could ask YOU the same thing, considered you’ve jacked MY line and all.

Snake: Huh, we must be using the same frequency? Anyways, who’s this Leon character and why is he here in Smash?

Hunnigan: Leon is an agent for the U.S. government who specializes in dealing with bioterrorism threats. He’s dealt with Bio Organic Weapons that you couldn’t even fathom and managed to save the presidents daughter from an evil bioterrorist cult. With his achievements it was only a matter of time before he was invited to Smash.

Snake: You know, I’ve dealt with my fair share of giant monsters too. You ever hear of metal gears?

Hunnigan: Regardless, Leon is a master of combat and carries more than a few powerful weapons with him, including the P.R.L 412 laser and the mine thrower, but once you get past all that you still have to deal with him up close with his knife, which is where he’s the most dangerous.

Snake: Huh, dangerous from afar and close-up? I can respect a man like that. Maybe him and I can go grab a drink somewhere?

Hunnigan: He’s still on duty, Snake, and if you are also a soldier of the U.S. government, so are you. You both have jobs to do.

Snake: Story of my life.
End codec

Palutena’s Guidance
Pit: Lady Palutena, who’s this guy? He doesn’t look like much of a fighter to me?

Palutena: That’s Leon, Pit, from the Resident Evil game series. He’s a secret agent for the U.S. government who specializes in bioterrorism threats.

Pit: Bioterrorism? What’s that?

Palutena: Its when people use biological agents like viruses or parasites to hurt other people!

Pit: Oh, you mean like Viridi?

Viridi: What?! No way! My soldiers are composed of natural elements from the Earth! Bioterrorists use man-made agents to create horrific monstrosities!

Pit: Oh…. Sorry!! Heh-heh….

Palutena: Viridi’s right, Pit! Leon has faced some truly horrific Bio Organic Weapons, or B.O.W.’s for short, such as the El Gigante and Del Lago, and he defeated them all in his quest to save the President’s Daughter, which he managed to do despite the odds! Even to this day he remains one of the best bioterrorism defense agents on the planet!

Pit: Well, let’s not forget I have beaten the odds on several battles myself (*ahem Hades), and besides I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve to take him down!

Palutena: Careful Pit, Leon has a few surprises of his own! His P.R.L 412 laser can hit in three directions, his mine thrower can stick explosives to you and his grappling hook can drag you to the ground if you’re in the air! And even if you get past all that, Leon is a master of close-quarters combat where he uses his knife to deal some serious damage!

Pit: Oh geez! Well I have you by side, so there’s no way I’ll lose…. Right?

Palutena: Sure Pit, I have total faith in you… but if you lose, there’s no shame in it…

Pit: Ah thanks, Lady Palutena! (he says sarcastically).
End Guidance

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I really only know about Leon from Project X Zone 2 and what a friend who has played several Resi games has told me, but this dude is a BAMF. I totally want to see him get it, and be able to fight Richter for a showdown between Resident Evil and Castlevania that has probably been years in the making.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
One thing I noticed from the Smash Ultimate Direct, Sakurai points out that the Castlevania stage is the darkest stage in Ultimate. If there were a RE character and stage in Smash, would you not think RE's stage would have the scariest one of them all? It is a very picky, stupid concern, but it is something that gets me a bit worried of Leon/Jill's chances lately. What do you think? I have been extremely attentive to detail lately. :T

Last edited:
One thing I noticed from the Smash Ultimate Direct, Sakurai points out that the Castlevania stage is the darkest stage in Ultimate. If there were a RE character and stage in Smash, would you not think RE's stage would have the scariest one of them all? It is a very picky, stupid concern, but it is something that gets me a bit worried of Leon/Jill's chances lately. What do you think? I have been extremely attentive to detail lately. :T
That's a fair point. One could also argue that Castlevania's stage (and universe) getting into Smash opens the way for darker stages (and universes) ...

But i tend to agree that a RE stage could push the creepiness to another level (especially if all kinds of RE bosses appeared in it). Maybe it's too much creepiness for smash to handle.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
My friends at the Source Gaming Discord said when Sakurai was referring to darkest stage, he meant lighting wise. Which is a possibility. There are Resident Evil stages that have lighter environments than the Castlevania stage, right? What are the most iconic locations in Resident Evil with lighter lighting?

My friends at the Source Gaming Discord said when Sakurai was referring to darkest stage, he meant lighting wise. Which is a possibility. There are Resident Evil stages that have lighter environments than the Castlevania stage, right? What are the most iconic locations in Resident Evil with lighter lighting?
Sorry i thought you were refering to creepy when you mentionned dark.

On the top of my head, Racoon city from RE 2 is usually not too dark (a lot of police cars, fires and street lights )

and the village location from RE4:

Also both RE2 and RE4 have Leon as a protagonist.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I see Leon being a surprising reveal if Dante being rumor in smash ultimate they both use real guns.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Okay I had an amazing idea for a Resident Evil assist trophy and didn't know where else to put this so I found a character support thread for Leon since he's mostly known for RE4.

Basically, the assist trophy is the Merchant from RE4. He appears on stage, drops 3 items and goes "WHAT'RE YA BUYIN'?" in his recognizably cheesy and over-the-top way. You can only take one of those three, and when you take one, the Merchant takes the other two and goes "COME BACK ANYTIME." To further showcase his shady nature, the one who summoned him isn't the only one who can take an item, he'll disappear if someone else takes one of the three items, too.

I just thought it was perfect and would be a super fun callback to RE4, so I needed to post this somewhere.

Oh, and I think that if Leon gets in Smash Ultimate, he can bring Jill or Chris in as an Echo Fighter.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay I had an amazing idea for a Resident Evil assist trophy and didn't know where else to put this so I found a character support thread for Leon since he's mostly known for RE4.

Basically, the assist trophy is the Merchant from RE4. He appears on stage, drops 3 items and goes "WHAT'RE YA BUYIN'?" in his recognizably cheesy and over-the-top way. You can only take one of those three, and when you take one, the Merchant takes the other two and goes "COME BACK ANYTIME." To further showcase his shady nature, the one who summoned him isn't the only one who can take an item, he'll disappear if someone else takes one of the three items, too.

I just thought it was perfect and would be a super fun callback to RE4, so I needed to post this somewhere.

Oh, and I think that if Leon gets in Smash Ultimate, he can bring Jill or Chris in as an Echo Fighter.
That sounds really fun.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think Chris being Leon's Echo or Leon being Chris's Echo is one of the most obvious Echo choices. If we actually get any Resident Evil content at all that is.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I think Chris being Leon's Echo or Leon being Chris's Echo is one of the most obvious Echo choices. If we actually get any Resident Evil content at all that is.
I prefer Jill Valentine she way more iconic than Chris.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

I cannot wait to try out Resident Evil 4.

Been waiting for this for a LONG time, ever since I have been researching Resident Evil for Smash speculation.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Given Reggie's recent statement about DLC newcomers, I expect Leon or Jill at this point. I know people say Wright would fit the surprise DLC newcomer perfectly, but I think a RE character would be more shockingly perfect, given the genre it comes form.

And also, in the meeting in 2016, Sakurai was with Kamiya (Leon Kennedy's creator):

Given what I previously said today...:

Here are my current thoughts on Smash DLC speculation, specifically in regards to project plan dates. I think Smash DLC characters were decided around the second half of 2016 taking Sakurai's word on Rex in the DLC project plan because of the XC2 announcement in January 2017 being too late and take the Japanese release of Persona 5 that came out on September 15, 2016. There is no way Sakurai could have decided DLC earlier than the second half of 2016 without having to play P5 first to motivate his decision, especially in the case of third-parties. He may or may not have had early access to the game given his developer connections, so it is possible Joker could have been decided a month early around August, but given P5's lengthy playtime and Sakurai's comment on the issue in the Famitsu column, I think it is much more likely that his decision could have been done weeks or months after possible early access of the game. Joker could have been possibly decided around September to December 2016. Right now, I do not think characters that debuted in Japan later than the announcement of Xenoblade 2 have a chance even in hell. Unless Sakurai clarifies further on the specifics behind Joker's decision and the direction Ultimate DLC will be headed in later Famitsu columns, this is what I firmly believe. I am open to the possibility of DLC being decided 2017 and 2018 though, so I am somewhat cautious of my theory.
...and the Joker surprise matter, I do not think Wright, MH, nor Dante are in the cards right now.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think Leon has a shot. Resident Evil is one of the biggest game series not represented in Smash & it has a long history with Nintendo. I wouldn’t be surprised if RE2 is eventually coming to Switch, which would give more fuel to Leon getting into Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The RE2 remake is looking promising from what I played of the timed demo and will be distracted from Smash a bit sometime after I get this game on the 25th. Leon still wouldn’t be my first choice for a Smash character addition (that mostly goes to Jill), but whether the RE2make comes to the Switch too remains to be seen. Am sure it will though, eventually.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Just came to show my support for Leon! I definitely think he's one of the 4 remaining characters. Resident Evil is Capcom's most iconic series not in Smash yet.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
As someone in the Arthur/Firebrand boat, Leon's not my top Capcom pick. But damn, having Resident Evil in Smash would be sick. Survival horror still has no representation (unless you count the Alex Roivas spirit), and that new RE2make is fantastic. I would 100% be on board with Leon joining the roster. I always thought Chris or Jill would be the chosen character, but Joker made me think twice about that. It's cool to see the really popular choices from several years back be sort of "revived" with Ultimate.

I'm a bit conflicted on music though. I'm familiar with the really frantic battle themes (and Nemesis' theme is a must, no question), but RE2 has a LOT of great music that's more on the atmospheric side. I would hope for something like The Marshalling Yard to be in even if it doesn't necessarily "fit".

Sea Coconut

Smash Rookie
My english is not perfect, so I hope you can understand. Since I was teenager Leon S. Kennedy has been one of my favorite videogame characters alongside with Gordon Freeman. I remember in times of Brawl (around 2008 if I'm not mistaken) when there was a rumor about Leon could join the roster, many people were excited waiting for him to be added, it never happened. The rumor increased before the launch of Smash bros for Wii U and 3DS, but there wasn't such a demand as there exist today. In those years people were practically praying to Nintendo and Sakutai for characters like Megaman, Bayonetta, Shadow, Ridley, Crash Bandicoot, Geno, Zororark.... the rest is history.

Before and after Smash Bros Ultimate was released the demand for Leon has increased much more than in the previous mentioned games, SO MUCH that he appears on many videos on youtube as a possible character and his possible movesets, as well as in many TOP DLC characters, of course this occurs too in forums and websites. I know that there are a lot of Capcom characters in Ultimate, I don't even know if that would be an obstacle, but hell, I really want him to be part of Smash Ultimate and Leon has more than enough merits to be added. I think many of you have mentioned before on your own comments. IMO not even Dante, Monster Hunter or Viewtiful Joe have enough credits like Leon since he has history with Nintendo and there are tons of RE videogames on their respective consoles. For me the only downside is that he's a character of a bloddy and violent survival horror game, but we can take apart from that point if we see Bayonetta and Solid Snake. I know that this is an old thread, but anyway...:);)

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
MDKnm2L-min.jpg

Resident Evil is Capcom's biggest seller. More so than Mega Man, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter. It would make sense for it to get a rep. Leon is the most popular main character and RE2, RE4 and now RE2 Remake are three of the franchises best games. Leon makes the most sense as Capcom's next character.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
All the main RE characters are relatively popular and to be fair, Claire’s as much a main character in RE2 as Leon.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If anyone's still active, I'd really like to see Leon. I just got done playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake over reading week and I think he'd fit well alongside the rest of the cast.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I went and brainstormed some spirit battles for the RE series. These work under the assumption that Leon's playable and comes with a Raccoon City stage. Couldn't help myself.

Chris Redfield (Legend)
Character: Snake (accompanied by Zero Suit Samus)
Stage: Luigi's Mansion

Jill Valentine (Legend)
Character: Zero Suit Samus
Stage: Raccoon City

Barry Burton (Advanced)
Character: Wario (red WarioWare alt)
Stage: Luigi's Mansion
Condition: Food items resembling sandwiches will appear

Albert Wesker (Legend)
Character: Dr. Mario (black alt)
Stage: Wuhu Island (volcano segment)
Condition: Enemy has increased speed and damage output.
Enemy charges Final Smash quickly
Enemy is occasionally encased in metal

Claire Redfield (Ace)
Character: Isabelle (red alt)
Condition: Enemy is equipped with a Super Scope

Licker (Advanced)
Character: Greninja x2 (red alt)

Tyrant T-103/Mr. X (Ace)
Character: Ganondorf (white alt)
Stage: Frigate Orpheon
Condition: Enemy is giant and has super armor

Sherry (Novice)
Character: Villager (blue female alt), accompanied by Isabelle (red alt)
Condition: Enemy will avoid conflict when possible.

Plant 43 (Novice)
Character: Ivysaur (accompanied by Mr. Game & Watch x2)
Stage: Distant Planet
Condition: Enemy is giant

William Birkin (Ace)
Character: Dr. Mario, followed by Donkey Kong (red alt), followed by giant Ridley (red alt)
Stage: Frigate Orpheon

Nemesis T-Type (Legend)
Character: Dark Samus (black alt)
Condition: Enemy is giant and has super armor
Enemy speed and damage output is increased

Luis Sera (Advanced)
Character: Richter (white alt)
Stage: Jungle Japes

Plaga (Novice)
Character: Mr. Game & Watch (accompanied by Robin x4)
Stage: Gerudo Valley
Condition: Enemy is tiny

Steve Burnside (Advanced)
Character: Leon (hopefully coming with an alt that resembles him), followed by King K. Rool (black alt)
Stage: Summit

HUNK (Legend)
Character: Samus (black alt)
Stage: Shadow Moses Island

Tofu (Novice)
Character: Kirby (white alt)
Condition: Enemy is equipped with a Killing Edge

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I recently played through Resident Evil 2 for the first time (only other RE I played was 4), so obviously I like Leon. As someone who was skeptical before, I definitely would like to see an RE character in Smash if Sakurai can make it work, and Leon would be my choice. It would be great for his fighting game debut to be in Smash and considering Capcom's good relationship with Smash and the fact that RE is far and away the most popular Japanese IP not yet in the game, I think it has a decent chance of appearing on the pass.

Leon is probably the most popular Resident Evil protagonist and 2 and 4 remain the fan favorites to this day, so I feel like Sakurai could definitely go for him.

For what it's worth, I support.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Can't believe I only found this thread just now.
I support, Leon and RE would be awesome in Smash.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I feel like Leon needs to be discussed more. It could definitely happen at this point in my mind. The main thing in the way seems to be the tone of the series. We haven't had a true horror rep yet (I don't really count Castlevania because it's more about action/adventure than invoking terror and dread in players), but they may have a reason for that. I feel like they could easily tone it down though for the stage/character. I just really want to see it happen. As I said in the Jill thread it's probably going to happen eventually since it's one of the best selling franchises in the world, and Capcom's #1 best selling series.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i'm all in for this series.

Wildly Successful company.
One of the biggest video game media franchises not in yet (the movies helped a lot).
A quite unique and popular genre without any characters.
I dont tend to want realistically designed characters- but he'd be a good choice.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
i'm all in for this series.

Wildly Successful company.
One of the biggest video game media franchises not in yet (the movies helped a lot).
A quite unique and popular genre without any characters.
I dont tend to want realistically designed characters- but he'd be a good choice.
I can understand that sentiment. For me though, part of the allure of Smash, what makes it so special, is the blending of radically different characters and genres and making them “fit” with each other. I really want to see what’d they do with Leon. The tone of his series is probably the furthest from the most of the characters as you can get.

Someone on FB said Leon was boring the other day. I said if you’ve played RE4 and still think this you’re dead inside... :psycho:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can understand that sentiment. For me though, part of the allure of Smash, what makes it so special, is the blending of radically different characters and genres and making them “fit” with each other. I really want to see what’d they do with Leon. The tone of his series is probably the furthest from the most of the characters as you can get.

Someone on FB said Leon was boring the other day. I said if you’ve played RE4 and still think this you’re dead inside... :psycho:

I don't know how an RE character could work. I think an echo would be almost a necessity (if Simon got one).
I would be most excited to see how Sakurai interprets the genre as a whole.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I don't know how an RE character could work. I think an echo would be almost a necessity (if Simon got one).
I would be most excited to see how Sakurai interprets the genre as a whole.
Me too. That's part of what worries me as well. Maybe Sakurai doesn't think horror belongs in Smash. It would explain such a notable absence of the franchise.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Me too. That's part of what worries me as well. Maybe Sakurai doesn't think horror belongs in Smash. It would explain such a notable absence of the franchise.
Horror isn't completely absent from Smash. Fatal Frame has an assist trophy and a handful of spirits, so Sakurai isn't totally turned off from the idea of Smash having content from horror games.

Top Bottom