• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Entering the Ferrum Region

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So, with the recent introduction of Pokken DX for Switch and my recent attraction towards fighting games that aren't Smash, I thought I'd give Pokken Tournament another shot. I was wondering what kind of things I should learn/have to play Pokken well. I've never played this game competitively, so I don't know a thing about it other than what they teach you in-game. A couple bits info I'd like to know are as follows:

Which is the most optimal controller to use? Does it matter very much?
What are some of the most important things to remember when picking the game up?

There's probably more I could ask about, but some of those will probably answer themselves as I start to play more. For now, those questions will suffice, but if you have any other bits of information that will help my progress, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
If you can get your hands on a Pokken controller I would recommend that. I had a difficult time even using the pro controller at first, but once I got the Pokken controller I noticed a significant improvement in my gameplay.

Top Bottom