• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter the World of Virtual Reality with VIRTUAL BOY (Fighter Concept)

Citruspark

Smash Rookie
The Virtual Boy was, to put it lightly, a short-lived Nintendo console that attempted virtual reality in the ripe year of 1995.

I had an idea, albeit a strange one, the other day. This image of the Virtual Boy (as it appears in WarioWare Gold) reminded me of a little robot, like it could be ROB's little brother or something. So, similar to ROB, I had a hypothetical concept for a potential fighter based on the Virtual Boy console. The perfect joke/retro/WTF character (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt etc.) for Smash if you really think about it, being a failed console that is more often than not the butt of many jokes. But it would barely be a clone of ROB, if that's what you were thinking.

VB would be small, quick, and light. This agile fighter is about the same size as Olimar. The majority of his moves utilize its large "head" and blade-like legs to attack, essentially doing a lot of "slash"-type damage to fighters. There would be an overarching theme of red-and-black particle effects used in attacks, referencing the appearance of the Virtual Boy's screen.

Neutral - Virtual Beam: Like Robo Beam. Unlike ROB's, this is a regularly charged move that isn't stored up over time and saved for later. It also hits multiple times.

Side - VB Dash: VB dashes forward and initiates a command grab that forces the opponent to look into its lens. This move stuns opponents, due to them being immersed in the groundbreaking virtual reality technology.

Up - Helicopter Slash: Rapidly rotates its legs, which act as the propellers of a helicopter.. Does slash damage on the way up.

Down - Self-Destruct: A high-risk, high reward move. VB is rendered vulnerable while it prepares a huge explosion, doing big damage to opponents and a small amount of damage to itself. A reference to how it "bombed". (See: Flare Blitz).

Thoughts?

Top Bottom